PDA

View Full Version : Sign secession petition: lose your job and security clearance.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Anti-Secession Threat

Posted by Lew Rockwell on November 14, 2012 03:16 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/126382.html

Writes a friend:

I am a reformed neo-con...yet still a member of the dreaded complex. Our security folks sent the warning (below) to employees regarding secession petitions. I contend allegiance to your country does not equal allegiance to your government, but that's a loosing fight in this industry. Thanks for all you do to champion liberty and sound economics.

All,

Most of you have probably heard of the different State petitions on the White House website to secede from the United States. I wanted to remind you that Allegiance to the United States is one of the 13 adjudicative guidelines that DISCO uses to grant you access to classified/sensitive information. For that reason, I strongly suggest you do not sign this petition or align yourself with any group that would place your allegiance to the country in question.

A personnel security investigation (security clearance investigation) is an inquiry into an individual’s loyalty, character, trustworthiness, and reliability to ensure that he or she is eligible to access classified information or occupy a position of trust. Any doubt concerning personnel being considered for access to classified information/eligibility to perform sensitive duties is resolved in favor of the national security.

RickyJ
11-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Anyone working for them is probably part of the problem. The beast needs to die, helping it stay alive by working for it is not helping.

cjm
11-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Serving multiple masters can be tricky.

realtonygoodwin
11-15-2012, 01:26 AM
One of several reasons I haven't signed any of them.

cindy25
11-15-2012, 01:34 AM
these petitions are stupid anyway

have a real petition, and have the issue placed on a real state ballot.

libertariantexas
11-15-2012, 02:24 AM
These petitions are pointless and completely ineffectual, so I don't see why anyone would bother signing them, let alone someone who was worried about losing his fat government paycheck.

However, I also doubt that anyone is really comparing the names on this online petition to a list of people with security clearances.

american.swan
11-15-2012, 02:31 AM
I don't think the petitions are entirely pointless. It would be nice to have the Orwellian Pigs official statement on the issue. The statement could incite more action.

I think we need to contact state reps in Texas, especially that one who is a big Ron Paul fan in the Texas House of Reps. I'd like to see some "framework" passed to allow texas cities / counties experiement with a more libertarian approach if they so desire.

Also, hyperinflation is a real threat. We know it is coming shortly. Texas could use a framework for dealing with the problem.

Tod
11-15-2012, 05:44 AM
However, I also doubt that anyone is really comparing the names on this online petition to a list of people with security clearances.

I don't doubt that someone IS comparing names. Gotta remember, we are dealing with an entity that funds stuff like research into whether Facebook "likes" are sincere or just a way to kill time.

thoughtomator
11-15-2012, 06:07 AM
This is why I turned down the chance to get a security clearance (which would mean very good money for me in my profession). My loyalty is to the nation, not the government. When the government handed me a form which was basically a demand for confession of every mistake I've ever made in my life (mistake according to the government, not my own judgment), it became clear that security was not the purpose of the form - blackmail as loyalty enforcement is.

tod evans
11-15-2012, 06:30 AM
Everybody sign up using their regional federal prosecutors name..

Aeroneous
11-15-2012, 07:14 AM

I used to have a TS/SCI clearance... and I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to hear that they were scanning the lists for clearance holders. They don't mess around with that stuff. The slightest little thing can cause you to lose your clearance.

thoughtomator
11-15-2012, 07:19 AM
I used to have a TS/SCI clearance... and I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to hear that they were scanning the lists for clearance holders. They don't mess around with that stuff. The slightest little thing can cause you to lose your clearance.

... that is, if you're not a General.

Aeroneous
11-15-2012, 08:23 AM
... that is, if you're not a General.

Truth!

thoughtomator
11-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Oh, and you can do coke and patronize hookers if you're in the Secret Service, too. Pretty sure those guys are subject to some serious clearance.

Based on my observations, the primary purpose of clearance procedure is to keep the proles in line. Those at the top are rarely if ever subject to enforcement.

Aeroneous
11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Oh, and you can do coke and patronize hookers if you're in the Secret Service, too. Pretty sure those guys are subject to some serious clearance.

Based on my observations, the primary purpose of clearance procedure is to keep the proles in line. Those at the top are rarely if ever subject to enforcement.

Several of my lowly enlisted brethren lost their Secret level clearances for miniscule things... certainly not something common at the higher levels.

11-15-2012, 08:48 AM
I didn't sign the petitions, but I'm sure we are all on somebody's shit list anyway for posting here or donating to RP anyway so whatever.

Matt Collins
11-15-2012, 09:08 AM
duh

Philhelm
11-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Bad credit could be a reason not to get a security clearance, but literally hookers and blow is fine. Although, in a truly free society, hookers and blow would be fine, but that's not the point here.

oyarde
11-15-2012, 11:52 AM
I have not signed it for these reasons , 1) Serves no purpose 2) No reason to ID myself , they have no idea who I am 3) While my Sec Clearance would be out of date :) , my Daughter still has one , needed for her job at a firm.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-15-2012, 11:54 AM
how stupid, someone can just put in a fake name, which happens to be yours, and you lose your job? I sense a lot of trolling about to happen.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-15-2012, 12:03 PM
I have not signed it for these reasons , 1) Serves no purpose 2) No reason to ID myself , they have no idea who I am

I wouldn't be so sure. They may not care right now, but I'm pretty sure we are living in an age where they are creating profiles for EVERYONE, whether they are good at manipulating the data or not yet.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-15-2012, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. They may not care right now, but I'm pretty sure we are living in an age where they are creating profiles for EVERYONE, whether they are good at manipulating the data or not yet.And let's not forget, they don't care if it's really you or not, they'll still take you down.

jllundqu
11-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I guess that's true too... no way to prove who the signers are.

oyarde
11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
To test it out , we will sign up my crusty Leadman , that work's for me, in a state he does not live in :)