PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Farewell Speech need its own Wikipedia Page?

BSU kid
11-14-2012, 10:05 PM
This speech is by far one of Paul's best speeches, this is the capstone speech of Paul's career. Part of me thinks a speech like this deserves it's own Wikipedia page. If speeches like the one Obama gave on Reverend Wright (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_More_Perfect_Union_(speech)) can have its own article, then I see no reason why the greatest advocate for Freedom since Thomas Jefferson himself can't have an article on his farewell address.

Thoughts? Anyone know how to do this?

satchelmcqueen
11-14-2012, 10:21 PM
yes i agree

liberty2897
11-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Agree. This speech will be remembered long after we are all gone. Not because of delivery, but because of the immense amount of wisdom contained within. One part that stood out for me:

“Our Constitution, which was intended to limit government power and abuse, has failed,” Paul said. “The Founders warned that a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people. The current crisis reflects that their concerns were justified.”

I'm usually not one that likes talk about "morals" because of all the associated self-righteousness that usually accompanies speech about it. When you put it into the context of abiding by the non-aggression principle, as Dr. Paul did, it makes complete sense. We really need to remember the Golden Rule now more than ever.

BSU kid
11-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Any further thoughts?