PDA

View Full Version : FL-Cops taser man for trying to save his home from neighboring fire.

Anti Federalist
11-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Keep pushing...keep pushing...

And another joins our ranks.

Florida man describes being shot by police Taser as he sprayed fire with garden hose

BY KAMEEL STANLEY Tampa Bay Times

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/13/3094917_florida-man-describes-being-shot.html#storylink=addthis

PINELLAS PARK -- The fire was all around Dan Jensen.

He could see it. He could smell it. He could hear it.

It was close enough to touch. It was burning down his neighbor's house. It was creeping toward Jensen's own fence 10 feet away, and he started spraying the fire with his hose.

Police ordered Jensen to get back, and he complied.

But after a few minutes passed without firefighters arriving, a frustrated Jensen stepped forward and leaned down to grab the skinny gray garden hose once again.

That's when he heard the order.

"Hit 'em! Take him down! Tase him!"

Within moments, Jensen was on the ground. He felt electric.

"It was all over me," Jensen said. "Crawling all over me."

The 42-year-old commercial fisherman is still struggling to comprehend exactly how things deteriorated so quickly Thursday. He said he doesn't understand why police shot him with a Taser that night as he tried to battle a house fire at 3420 Beechwood Ter. N.

(How many times have warned how fast things can go "sideways" when you bring asshole cops into the equation? - AF)

Jensen's family, friends and neighbors have been quick to defend him and accuse police of crossing a line.

"It was wrong," he said. "There's no way around it. … I was fighting a fire. I wasn't fighting police. I thought they were here to help me. Instead, they hurt me."

Police said they can sympathize with the stress Jensen was under. But they said he put himself and officers in danger when he refused to back down from fighting the fire.

Pinellas Park Capt. Sanfield Forseth told the Tampa Bay Times authorities could have even charged Jensen with obstruction, but decided against it.

Jensen's attorney, Heidi Imhof, said she believes authorities are trying to deflect attention from their actions that night. She called the Taser use "excessive force."

"They can't just Taser anyone," she said. "He's an unarmed person on his private property trying to fight a fire."

Imhof said the officers had other options. They could have yanked Jensen away, she said, or just turned off the water.

The agency's policy says officers must issue a warning before using a Taser, "except when such warning could provide a tactical advantage to the subject."

Imhof said her client was never warned.

Jensen said he's "disappointed" in police.

He said that when they arrived on the scene, they told him to back off and let insurance take care of it. He did for a few minutes but grew impatient and irate. He picked up the hose again because he thought firefighters weren't getting there soon enough.

Officials told the Times it took six minutes for fire fighters to respond.

"That's my home," Jensen said Monday, his voice breaking. "That's my family."

Carehn
11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Jesus!

My only wish is that one of these days one of the victims unloads on the news paper and tells it how it really is. I would have gone off. I would have told them that the local police are little more the tax sucking gang members and are a threat to the safety and security of our simple neighborhood.

SOB this makes me mad. Damn you AF for always posting these things. And damn you in advance if you stop.

Reason
11-14-2012, 08:34 PM
The government must protect us from ourselves and our silly notions of defending our hard earned property!

The Goat
11-14-2012, 08:35 PM
The government must protect us from ourselves and our silly notions of defending our hard earned property!

Insurance can replace your most intimate possessions. just let insurance handle it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-14-2012, 08:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7tR7NeCEAIsEqn.jpg:large

aGameOfThrones
11-14-2012, 09:34 PM
He was warned and he didn't listened. Look, I'm no fan of police, but when a police officer tells you to move away for your own safety... YOU MOVE!!!

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 09:38 PM
He was warned and he didn't listened. Look, I'm no fan of police, but when a police officer tells you to move away for your own safety... YOU MOVE!!!

Dam straight, protecting your neighbors and your own property in no way compares to the officers safety and your own. The authorities know best, and it's best to follow orders.

alucard13mmfmj
11-14-2012, 09:39 PM
I wonder what are the effects of having a wet body and being tasered...

youngbuck
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM

Well, of course, but you first have to ask them "how fast?"

UWDude
11-14-2012, 09:47 PM
There is nothing left to do but laugh at this point.

LoL!!

Travlyr
11-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Florida Cops. A Standing Army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZ-_xoz9kk

Trained to be Judge, Jury, and oftentimes Executioners.

Carehn
11-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Florida Cops

Trained to be Judge, Jury, and oftentimes Executioners.

Your telling me!!! Look how they dress these days.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jVEGuTLDB68/Sl-RuJL9AzI/AAAAAAAAAAw/klTbGfZx25o/s320/Judge+Soto.jpg

TheTexan
11-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Let's save his life by tasering him near a fire, HERP DERP

Anti Federalist
11-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Let's save his life by tasering him near a fire, HERP DERP

We all know this had nothing to do with any "protection" of this person or their safety.

He was electrocuted and tortured for (well justified) "Contempt of Cop".

Nothing more or less.:mad:

LibForestPaul
11-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Why are cops at a fire? Never seen a fireman show up at a burglary.

UWDude
11-14-2012, 10:42 PM

To make sure people don't try to put out the fire with their own hoses, apparently.

Anti Federalist
11-14-2012, 10:55 PM

Dial 911, for any reason, and you'll get cops, whether you want them or not.

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 11:00 PM
I swear, I saw a cop every block today as I was going about my business. And it's not like I live downtown in a city.

KCIndy
11-14-2012, 11:11 PM

Sorry, but I just can't agree.

If I were endangering someone else? Yeah, then I can see an obligation there to reign me in. But what if the only person being endangered by my action is ME? If I'm endangering only me (and that in itself is a judgement call) then as far as I'm concerned, law enforcement has no obligation - and no authority - to intercede.

Otherwise, what's to stop them from tasering me the next time I sit down to a chicken fried steak dinner? I might have high cholesterol. Tasering me would be for my own good then too, right???

Face it, everyone. WE ARE IN A POLICE STATE. RIGHT NOW. This bullshit must be stopped before it goes any further.

Carehn
11-14-2012, 11:27 PM
To make sure people don't try to put out the fire with their own hoses, apparently.

its funny because its true.

Carehn
11-14-2012, 11:29 PM
What if all the police where telling you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 11:32 PM

Where I live you get a ticket for doing that.

aGameOfThrones
11-14-2012, 11:32 PM

If it's for a safety reason, yes.

heavenlyboy34
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Mundanes are known for being dangerous to themselves and must be protected and served...even if it kills them.

RSLudlum
11-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Ah, don't be so hard on the officer. He was just trying to help the housing market and create jobs for the community.

heavenlyboy34
11-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Dial 911, for any reason, and you'll get cops, whether you want them or not.
When did that start? I've witnessed emergency personnel dispatched several places in town for various reasons over the years, and didn't see the cops show up.

angelatc
11-14-2012, 11:48 PM

He's lucky they didn't fine him for wasting the water, now that you mention it.

KCIndy
11-14-2012, 11:58 PM

Do you really trust these guys to make that sort of call? How do you know you're not smarter than the average cop? Maybe you have more information than they do.

What it comes down to is this: Do police officers have the moral authority to tell you what to do if your action (or inaction) is ONLY going to affect YOUR OWN possible safety? And if so, who gave it to them?

Serious question: Does a cop have the right to use force to stop me from eating a plateful of fettuccine Alfredo if I have high cholesterol?

Carehn
11-15-2012, 12:04 AM

Then we have reached the end of this conversation.

TheTexan
11-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Then we have reached the end of this conversation.

I just figured he was being sarcastic, guess not lol

UWDude
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM

I can see you dangling from the bridge now, thanking the officers between screams of pain for heroically saving you with their taser wires.

John F Kennedy III
11-15-2012, 12:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7tR7NeCEAIsEqn.jpg:large

Looks like Anaheim.

John F Kennedy III
11-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Mundanes are known for being dangerous to themselves and must be protected and served...even if it kills them.

Best quote so far of the young 2016 election cycle!

phill4paul
11-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Jensen's family, friends and neighbors have been quick to defend him and accuse police of crossing a line.

Weren't too quick that particular evening now were they?

John F Kennedy III
11-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Weren't too quick that particular evening now were they?

Were they there?

phill4paul
11-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Were they there?

I'd know if my neighbor's neighbor's house was on fire. In fact I've put out a neighbor's shed fire enough to save the structure before the volunteer firefighters showed up.

google maps show plenty of houses in the vicinity.

mrsat_98
11-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Retarded.

AFPVet
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Like AF said, the man was tasered for failing to comply with police orders :mad: Instead of being used for appropriate situations, tasers are being used as compliance tools. This man was passive resistant. At this stage, all the cops are allowed to do (according to the FLETC model) is issue verbal commands. Of course, most agencies have done away with the UOF models and can do pretty much whatever they deem appropriate.

The reason why first responders tell people to get back from fires and such is due to the fact that they would have to go in to save them. The cops were wrong to tase him. My personal opinion is that if people what to put themselves in danger, that waives emergency response for them.

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Like AF said, the man was tasered for failing to comply with police orders :mad: Instead of being used for appropriate situations, tasers are being used as compliance tools. This man was passive resistant. At this stage, all the cops are allowed to do (according to the FLETC model) is issue verbal commands. Of course, most agencies have done away with the UOF models and can do pretty much whatever they deem appropriate.

The reason why first responders tell people to get back from fires and such is due to the fact that they would have to go in to save them. The cops were wrong to tase him. My personal opinion is that if people what to put themselves in danger, that waives emergency response for them.

The cops shoud have turned the water on for him and started looking for buckets.

As I already said, this is what madness looks like.

presence
11-15-2012, 11:30 AM
My family's HOME is on fire and some dipshit clover with a tin badge tasers me while I'm trying to put the fire out?

I'd be rippin' barbs out like a BOSS.

Dr. Bruce Banner,
thanks to a gamma ray experiment gone wrong,
transforms into a
giant green-skinned hulk
whenever his pulse rate gets too high.
http://newspaper.li/static/428b5b028db0333f6508970062599dfc.jpg

presence
11-15-2012, 11:52 AM

Queue Ben Franklin.

aGameOfThrones
11-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Queue Ben Franklin.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9ww0FYmw1qhn506.bmp

JK/SEA
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Looks like Anaheim.

No, Gaza. Pic taken this morning.

presence
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9ww0FYmw1qhn506.bmp

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/06/75/54/1825553/3/628x471.jpg

AFPVet
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
The cops shoud have turned the water on for him and started looking for buckets.

As I already said, this is what madness looks like.

This is what would've happened in the old days when people were people regardless of the uniform... helping out a fellow man.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 01:31 PM
When did that start? I've witnessed emergency personnel dispatched several places in town for various reasons over the years, and didn't see the cops show up.

How recently?

I'd say this was within the last five maybe ten years at the outside.

LibForestPaul
11-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Do you really trust these guys to make that sort of call? How do you know you're not smarter than the average cop? Maybe you have more information than they do.

What it comes down to is this: Do police officers have the moral authority to tell you what to do if your action (or inaction) is ONLY going to affect YOUR OWN possible safety? And if so, who gave it to them?

Serious question: Does a cop have the right to use force to stop me from eating a plateful of fettuccine Alfredo if I have high cholesterol?

Remember this question in 10 years time. They might not have the right, but they will do so.

heavenlyboy34
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
How recently?

A car wreck on the freeway, 2-3 years ago or so comes to mind. I also once-3 or 4 years ago-saw a fellow carried out of church on a gurney (apparently a heart attack). No cops in sight; just paramedics.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 06:54 PM
A car wreck on the freeway, 2-3 years ago or so comes to mind. I also once-3 or 4 years ago-saw a fellow carried out of church on a gurney (apparently a heart attack). No cops in sight; just paramedics.

Maybe AZ is different, but I can't envision any scenario with a car wreck, especially with injuries, not having cops hut hutting about.

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2012, 02:11 AM
No, Gaza. Pic taken this morning.

I don't know why anyone with a heart would support the occupying terrorist zionist regime known as Israel.

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2012, 02:18 AM
How recently?

In my way more than I'd like experience with being at the house when 911 was called, I don't recall the cops showing up. The last time I was there to witness it though was 2006/07. Of course, one person's account of one city doesn't debunk every else's experience nationally.

Edit: Merced, CA ^

Anti Federalist
11-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Fighting Firefighters Who Fight Fires Without Our Rulers' Permission

Posted by Becky Akers on November 16, 2012 09:22 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/126545.html

Apparently, cops in Florida now consider it a crime for “an unarmed person on his private property … to fight a fire” threatening to consume his home and endanger his family. And they will Taser him when he soaks his fence with a “skinny gray garden hose” in an effort to slow the conflagration's spread.

Dan Jensen, 42, of Pinellas Park, FL, tried to protect his yard when his neighbor’s house caught fire. Accordingly, he sprayed his own fence with water while waiting for the city’s slow-as-molasses firefighters. The bullies we call cops arrived before their fellow leeches and ordered Mr. Jensen to stop spritzing his fence — why, I have no idea. Actually, let me rephrase that, because I do know their reason, I just don't know what excuse they'll offer that can hold water, so to speak (for sure, the one they've given the press doesn't: "Police said ... he put himself and officers in danger when he refused to back down from fighting the fire").

These sadists were testing the serf's loyalty, commanding him to obey despite the immense risk to his home and family. And the outnumbered, outgunned Mr. Jensen complied, only to grow increasingly “impatient and irate” as the city’s firemen continued to dawdle. When he picked up the hose again, the thugs Tasered him.

"’That's my home,’ Jensen said …, his voice breaking. ‘That's my family.’"

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government…

Anti Federalist
11-16-2012, 06:39 PM
////

Anti Federalist
11-16-2012, 06:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZiY79qDVU&feature=player_embedded

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 06:50 PM
It's a infuriating story, but I wish the guy would give the blubbering a break.

Anti Federalist
11-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Youtube comments are encouraging:

Yes, I've experienced several traumatic experiences that involved police. In fact, I've NEVER had an experience with a cop that wasn't an act of aggression, coercion, or intimidation, because they are all assholes. This isn't "something bad happened", this is PATTERN RECOGNITION.
As long as there are people who use violence to get what they want, there will be a need for people who are trained to handle that violence. Some idiots DEFEND those people, as long as they have badges.
socrates0ne in reply to dclements2003 (Show the comment) 10 hours ago

WTF is wrong with the police these days? what happened to serve and protect? you are meant to be serving and protecting us
workingZen 12 hours ago

Another perfect example of how authority corrupts. Google "Milgram Experiment" -- 2/3 of normal people will abuse people to the point of actually killing someone when given only a minor amount of authority over another person.
furyofbongos 11 hours ago

Too many trigger happy cops now a days, but they will most likely be defended by department policy even know what they did was wrong. I have 0 respect for police in today's day of age. fuck the police
megadethesp21 23 hours ago

I hope he sues the hell out of those cops and wins BIG! That's inexcusable to prevent a homeowner from trying to save his home. We live in nothing but a communist police state and enough is enough!
Marlene Bakken 23 hours ago

ANY HOMEOWNER WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING. They 'protected' NO ONE by tasing this man. May your LAWSUIT prevail.
Geddy Lee 3 days ago 56

Sign in to YouTubeSign in with your YouTube Account (YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Orkut, Picasa, or Chrome) to rate Geddy Lee's comment. ..Sign in or Create an account

Sign in to YouTubeSign in with your YouTube Account (YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Orkut, Picasa, or Chrome) to rate Geddy Lee's comment. ..Sign in or Create an account Reply
RemoveFlag for spamBlock UserUnblock User You are the real Geddy Lee ? WOW ! T-UP
OnTheLambda in reply to Geddy Lee (Show the comment) 22 hours ago

The pig that tased the guy should have his nutsack tased... repeatedly!!!
jetsetjoey 1 day ago

And it goes on like this...

Anti Federalist
11-16-2012, 06:54 PM
It's a infuriating story, but I wish the guy would give the blubbering a break.

The cop aoplogists at youtube claim that's all an act, cooke dup by his lawyer.

LOL

Origanalist
11-16-2012, 07:00 PM
The cop aoplogists at youtube claim that's all an act, cooke dup by his lawyer.

LOL

I don't agree with that, but it definitely feeds those flames.

Carson
11-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Has he filed charges of criminal trespass?

trespass

  Origin
tres·pass
   [tres-puhs, -pas] Show IPA
noun
Law .
a. an unlawful act causing injury to the person, property, or rights of another, committed with force or violence, actual or implied.

b.a wrongful entry upon the lands of another.

c.the action to recover damages for such an injury.

2.an encroachment or intrusion.

3.an offense, sin, or wrong. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trespass)

Anti Federalist
11-16-2012, 07:33 PM
"Look here Lou, we got an uppity Mundane."

"Really? Qualified Immunity, asshole, now move the fuck along, before I thump your head for ya!" - Officer Friendly

Has he filled charges of criminal trespass?

trespass

  Origin
tres·pass
   [tres-puhs, -pas] Show IPA
noun
Law .
a. an unlawful act causing injury to the person, property, or rights of another, committed with force or violence, actual or implied.

b.a wrongful entry upon the lands of another.

c.the action to recover damages for such an injury.

2.an encroachment or intrusion.

3.an offense, sin, or wrong. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trespass)

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2012, 08:19 PM
"Look here Lou, we got an uppity Mundane."

"Really? Qualified Immunity, asshole, now move the fuck along, before I thump your head for ya!" - Officer Friendly

Combat Qual?

That's a big 10-4 Red Rider...

KCIndy
11-17-2012, 01:08 AM

Bump for an answer, if anyone cares to stick his neck out.

jclay2
11-17-2012, 02:24 AM
I told this story to coworkers. They quickly said that it was over the top and that there was something missing from the story making it biased. Same response from every other story about police brutality.

phill4paul
11-17-2012, 08:42 AM
I told this story to coworkers. They quickly said that it was over the top and that there was something missing from the story making it biased. Same response from every other story about police brutality.

Oh, yeah. There is such a HUGE conspiracy to make good cops look bad. In fact all the stories on police abuse I read here are just rehashes of the stories I see and read in national syndication. /s

acptulsa
11-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Sorry, but I just can't agree.

If I were endangering someone else? Yeah, then I can see an obligation there to reign me in. But what if the only person being endangered by my action is ME? If I'm endangering only me (and that in itself is a judgement call) then as far as I'm concerned, law enforcement has no obligation - and no authority - to intercede.

Otherwise, what's to stop them from tasering me the next time I sit down to a chicken fried steak dinner? I might have high cholesterol. Tasering me would be for my own good then too, right???

Right. Absolutely. And if you have a heart condition and die from their hooked defribulator, well, people with heart conditions should just be the first to comply, that's all.

Now, be careful what you wish for. If Bloomburg can restrict Big Gulps to the diet tap...

You're asking how I'd react if I was doing something and the cop deemed it too dangerous? I'd do something more dangerous--I'd tell him to get stuffed. Have done, in fact.

As for fire, I once blew an engine fire out. Literally. Another time, cops couldn't figure out how to work the second (safety) hood latch on a burning car, so I did it for them--with no gloves. I didn't take long about it. I also popped open the rear door on a burning van. I'm quick, and figure out ahead of time how to get out of the way, so firemen seem to trust me. As for cops, they seem to trust me as well. A trust that is strictly a one way street...

presence
11-18-2012, 04:59 PM

We don't give a shit about your cholesterol. Was that Alfredo sauce made from raw milk? SWAT team!

Constitutional Paulicy
11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Video plus article at link below....

Pinellas Park, Florida -- Daniel Jensen wasn't running from the law, he was trying to protect his home from burning up. Yet, Pinellas Park Police tasered him in the process. Jensen and his attorney say it's an excessive use of force.

more here...... http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/282431/250/Man-tasered-by-police-calls-it-brutal

EBounding
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
This can't happen to me though. I am a Good Citizen.

jbauer
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
so what no dogs? :confused:

Origanalist
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM

Legally? Probably not, but they dam sure would find some reason to use force on you if you just smiled and slurped loudly if they suggested you stop eating it.

TheTexan
11-21-2012, 03:25 PM
If I had tasered that guy "for his own safety" I'd be immediately thrown in jail. Probably a civil case too.

Cop does it? He's doing his job, serving and protecting.... LOLS

Anti Federalist
03-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Bump for another thread

Mani
04-02-2013, 04:32 AM
" Captain Forseth with the Pinellas Park Police Department said they exhausted all other options, and that their goal was to keep Daniel and the officers safe from the fire. "

I think that is the best part of the article...

They tased him in a pool of water and handcuffed him.......TO KEEP HIM SAFE.

And this is a great follow up quote:

Captain Sanfield Forseth with the Pinellas Park Police Department said officers could have charged him with obstruction for not listening to an officer's orders.

THERE IT IS FOLKS...BLACK AND FUCKING WHITE!

YOU LIVE IN A GODDMAN FUCKING POLICE STATE!

Some guy is on his private property and protecting his home...and AN OFFICER SHOWS UP AND GIVES A COMMAND..AN ORDER...

IF YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT ORDER, YOU CAN BE CHARGE WITH A CRIME. ON YOUR OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY, MINDING YOUR OWN GODDAMN BUSINESS.

FUCK, people, IT ALREADY IS A POLICE STATE.

jclay2
04-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Captain Sanfield Forseth with the Pinellas Park Police Department said officers could have charged him with obstruction for not listening to an officer's orders.

Agreed. We are indeed in a police state. The community officer of 50 years ago has been replaced with a militarized paranoid steroid raging thug.

2young2vote
04-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Surprised the police were there before the firefighters. Usually its the other way around. Whenever someone here has a stroke or heart attack the firefighters are always there first.

Anti Federalist
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Yes, yes it is.

JK/SEA
04-02-2013, 12:03 PM
they live...we sleep.

Athan
04-02-2013, 12:14 PM

I'm sorry are we getting trolled here? I can't tell.

phill4paul
04-02-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry are we getting trolled here? I can't tell.

Yes, aGOT sometimes channels the apologist spirits.

Dogsoldier
04-02-2013, 12:26 PM
WOW...I'm sure glad I didn't call 911 when our house caught fire...Me and my father put it out with hoses and buckets of water and saved 95% of the house.....We might have lost everything if we had called 911....

We thought we were lucky before but this tells me that we were incredibly lucky because we almost called.....Thank God we didn't.

phill4paul
04-02-2013, 12:37 PM
WOW...I'm sure glad I didn't call 911 when our house caught fire...Me and my father put it out with hoses and buckets of water and saved 95% of the house.....We might have lost everything if we had called 911....

We thought we were lucky before but this tells me that we were incredibly lucky because we almost called.....Thank God we didn't.

I have participated in quenching three fires. A chimney fire in my house, a barn at a neighbors and a candle fire at the ex-wifes friend's house using an extinguisher from my Jeep. In each of these instances the fire was out by the time the fire fighters got there. In each of these instances had I not acted hastily then the damage would have been done by the time the units arrived.