PDA

View Full Version : HotAir: Ron Paul’s farewell salute to freedom

sailingaway
11-14-2012, 07:50 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/11/14/ron-pauls-farewell-salute-to-freedom/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Hot Air vermin suck.

But the article wasn't too bad.

angelatc
11-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Oh, I hate that site with such a passion. I haven't clicker yet, but I'll betcha the comments are less than polite.

sailingaway
11-14-2012, 07:59 PM
I"m telling myself the first one was sardonic.

Or possibly the consequence of Tourettes syndrome.

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh, I hate that site with such a passion. I haven't clicker yet, but I'll betcha the comments are less than polite.

Three cheer for the cause…
…good riddance to the Paul-tards.

Glenn Jericho on November 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

…he has a son…whose not bad!

KOOLAID2 on November 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Well, bye.

Kooky old bigot.

FlatFoot on November 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I think I read he spoke for 48 minutes.

CoffeeLover on November 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM

…threads too early for Floating Crock…isn’t it?

KOOLAID2 on November 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM

The army of Paulbots will not be missed.

I sincerely hope they fade away, but somehow I doubt it.

Nessuno on November 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 08:01 PM
I"m telling myself the first one was sardonic.

Or possibly the consequence of Tourettes syndrome.

No, it wasn't sardonic. you'll not see a bigger bunch of enemies of freedom this side of hell.

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 08:07 PM

Angela, please tell me how to register there, I could never figure it out. :o

AdamT
11-14-2012, 08:10 PM
LOL moronic HA commenters will never get it.

Paulistinian
11-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Man, those commentors there are some of the worst I've seen in the last 5 years.

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I see AF is over there giving them hell.

EBounding
11-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I really don't get the outright hatred. They outright hate Paul, but can tolerate a moderate liberal like Romney.

angelatc
11-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Angela, please tell me how to register there, I could never figure it out. :o

You can only register once in a while. When registration is open, and I catch it, I post it here. I think Lucille does, too. But they really are a waste of time. They are bullies - not real big on thinking.

Pisces
11-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Hot Air only allows new people to join a few times a year. Then when new Paul supporters sign up, the oldtimers tend to drive them off. There are still a few of us there, though. I think Hot Air is the phoniest of the faux conservative blogs. Earlier this summer, they were flooding it with pro-Rubio pieces. Even the regulars could tell that they were trying to shove Rubio down their throats.

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Hot Air only allows new people to join a few times a year. Then when new Paul supporters sign up, the oldtimers tend to drive them off. There are still a few of us there, though. I think Hot Air is the phoniest of the faux conservative blogs. Earlier this summer, they were flooding it with pro-Rubio pieces. Even the regulars could tell that they were trying to shove Rubio down their throats.

I'm sure that they just opened up like good prostitutes.

angelatc
11-14-2012, 08:39 PM
ROFTL - is that the AF we all know and love over there?

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 08:41 PM
ROFTL - is that the AF we all know and love over there?

Pretty sure it is.

sluggo
11-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Hot Air, lol.

Pisces
11-14-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm sure that they just opened up like good prostitutes.

Some actually didn't. There was one guy that was waging war on the Rubio promotion - bringing up his financial troubles, suport for amnesty, etc. I think it's kind of the same reaction some people had when they were kids to the teacher's pet. They know that he's the golden boy and they're stubborn and just not going to go along. I'm not sure how many people are part of that mindset, though. As for me, even before I became as aware as I am now, I always suspected people that got too much promotion in the media.

seyferjm
11-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Hot Air might be the most aptly named website in world history.

klamath
11-14-2012, 08:58 PM
It is a shame that some of you never really got to experience what the Democratic left really thought of RP. Most stayed silent while they thought he was drawing votes from Romney.
A sampling of comments about his speach on a general yahoo news story. This is what they really think of libertarians and RP.

Ron Paul 1 year vacation touring the country at the American taxpayers expense is over. He gave his farewell speech while President Obama was giving his press conference so no one saw what he said. His district was virtually tied 50 - 50 between the democratic candidate and the republican candidate. Texas will be a swing state in 2012. We have made it our mission to make Ted Cruz a 1 term Senator. He looked like a deer in the headlights yesterday with Mitch McConnell

I so dis-like this man and his lack OF common sense when looking at the country. You don't find it funny how now the constitution has failed after so many decades of monopoly control by one group. Mr. Paul seems to think thats the issue huh coming from a rich politician who has a son in politics kinda funny its always the ones who benifit from goverment who all of a sudden say its bad for you lets trust the states because, they have a clear record of being fair right? This man is the one clouding so many peoples minds with his hateful make no sense idealogy especially the young. What has failed is these liars who continue to preach us these false truths so they can divert us from the actual truths didn't this elecion prove that! Paul is a politician who see the World through the eyes of selfishness no care for anyone not like him. This is what happens when you fight for equlity you get those who just dont want it out of spite and ignorance. Always count on those against change for the better to always bring up God, constitution and race!
Mor
e sour grapes from the Right.

A racist lectures America on virtue. The old geezer has chutzpah, I'll give him that.
Too bad he's not taking his fascist son home with him.

Shut up you racist quack and go help mutt romney finish his packing. You're against the 1964 Civil Rights Act; you're still envisioning an America circa 1912.

Move along old man. Marx wins.
Ron Paul is a well meaning creepy little man who thinks we are still near post revolutionary times when thier was only a few hundred thousand in this country and ton 400 million of course government is bigger we have 800 times the population that we did when the constitution was written, and his precious constitution allowed slavery, and only white male land owners the right to vote,, its the bill of rights that has made our country what it is

sailingaway
11-14-2012, 08:59 PM
It is a shame that some of you never really got to experience what the Democratic left really thought of RP. Most stayed silent while they thought he was drawing votes from Romney.
A sampling of comments about his speach on a general yahoo news story. This is what they really think of libertarians and RP.

Mor

whatever, no worse than hotair.

Ron doesn't tour the nation at taxpayer expense. That would be Obama.

Origanalist
11-14-2012, 09:02 PM
True, but the left proclaims it's love of state.

belian78
11-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Wow... That really just blew my mind, reading through those comments. I didn't even get to see AF's posts, I stopped reading, couldn't stomach it.

angelatc
11-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Wow... That really just blew my mind, reading through those comments. I didn't even get to see AF's posts, I stopped reading, couldn't stomach it.

There's a guy in the comments who insists that he found WMDs in Iraq. But we're the crazies?

belian78
11-14-2012, 10:49 PM
There's a guy in the comments who insists that he found WMDs in Iraq. But we're the crazies?

Yeah he was bad enough, but that Mollie that kept after you (it was you right?) was like a rabid dog.

angelatc
11-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Yeah he was bad enough, but that Mollie that kept after you (it was you right?) was like a rabid dog.

Yes, definitely a brain-damaged pup that one is. But that's why the non-aggression principle isn't enough. Those people have no interest in discourse or even compromise. If we had been in a bar, she would have clocked me, because in her mind that would mean she won. (I'm not sure what she would have won, because it wasn't really even an argument. But you get it.)

Anti Federalist
11-14-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm spawning imitators?

LOL

The Hot Air AF is not me.

But good for whomever it is, is sounds like they're kicking ass and taking names.

mikey
11-14-2012, 11:34 PM
It really shows a persons level of intelligence when they call Ron a fascist or a communist.

Anti Federalist
11-14-2012, 11:53 PM
(b)ut he did pose a poignant question of sorts that a lot of conservatives have been pondering in the wake of Mitt Romney’s defeat: “I’ve thought a lot about why those of us who believe in liberty as a solution, have done so poorly in convincing others of its benefits. If liberty is what we claim it is, the principle that protects all personal, social, and economic decisions necessary for maximum prosperity and the best chance for peace, it should be an easy sell. Yet history has shown that the masses have been quite receptive to the promises of authoritarians, which are rarely, if ever, fulfilled. Should we have authoritarianism, or liberty?”

Sweet Jesus, has another one seen the light???

This is really the only point that I disagree with Ron about.

Freedom is NOT popular, never has been, probably never will be, as it goes against the grain of basic human wants, which I've posted so many times, I'm not going to repeat them again.

Not only do most people not want freedom or liberty, they will actively fight against you trying achieve it.

We have two choices:

Seize our freedom and drag the rest of wretched humanity along for the ride, kicking and screaming the whole time or:

Seize our freedom and separate from these people, carve out a niche for us, and let the rest of the world burn if it so desires.

Both require a level of sacrifice and force that nobody, myself included, seems to have the stones for.

So here we sit, as Rome burns..

Anti Federalist
11-14-2012, 11:57 PM
And the comments are just disgusting.

If the GOP does not jettison these people, they'll lose again in 2016.

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM
And the comments are just disgusting.

If the GOP does not jettison these people, they'll lose again in 2016.

Watching how they are reacting and their take on why they lost, I would say that's a pretty good bet.

Aeroneous
11-15-2012, 12:19 AM
I just read through the comments...

How can ANYONE be so UTTERLY CLOSED-MINDED? How can you not at least research the candidates put before you, or at least do the slightest bit of Googling on someone before you comment on a article relating to them? When the primaries were taking place, I looked into each candidate with an open mind to see who aligned best with my own philosophies. At the time, I didn't know much about Ron Paul. If you actually READ and LISTEN to what he has to say, it's just logical.

What is really irritating the living crap out of me on HotAir, though, is this anti-semitic name calling. I understand there was a SNAFU a while back with a newsletter, but is that really the total length at which people are willing to look into an issue? Does no one actually go the next step and think, "I wonder what other proof there is to this racist argument?" I just can't comprehend how the least racist/anti-semitic politician in the world can get such a ridiculous stigma. What's worse is that even when these people are spoonfed proof against their claims, they don't even take two seconds to consider a counter-argument. I love hearing other people's arguments, because it gives me a chance to reconsider my own position.

Sorry for the rant, but lately I've just been losing whatever hope I had left in the American public. I applaud those of you who have been spreading Dr. Paul's message for years, because it's certainly a test of tremendous patience.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Take this asshat for instance:

You idiot are the ones who helped to flush the entire country down the toilet last week. Pay attention to what I posted, how thousands of you lobotomized useful idiots VOTED FOR HUSSEIN last week.

Now go say Sig Heil to your cult leader, Herr Doktor, you anti-semitic scum.

riddick on November 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

No, Mr. Riddick-culous, I voted for the only honest man I could think of, who represented me.

I did it proudly, happily, and with no reservations whatsoever.

I'd do it again as well.

And if it sends idiots like yourself into fits of apoplexy, well, so much the better.

Maybe some day you'll learn.

Origanalist
11-15-2012, 12:22 AM
but lately I've just been losing whatever hope I had left in the American public

Welcome to the club.

Lucille
11-15-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm not going there. I've read enough, but it is interesting how the denizens there call Ron a bigot when they rail against Messicans and Muslims with such wild abandon. And they're free to do it! The HotAir mods are fine with their commenters' bigotry.

...To achieve liberty and peace, two powerful human emotions have to be overcome. Number one is 'envy' which leads to hate and class warfare. Number two is 'intolerance' which leads to bigoted and judgmental policies.

That went ::woosh:: right over their heads.

Aeroneous
11-15-2012, 09:24 AM
And they're free to do it! The HotAir mods are fine with their commenters' bigotry.

In their defense, shouldn't they be? They're allowing freedom of speech.

devil21
11-15-2012, 09:31 AM
I really don't get the outright hatred. They outright hate Paul, but can tolerate a moderate liberal like Romney.

Seems to me to be a hotbed of Israel-firsters. They generally don't care about anything but killing every muslim on the planet in the name of "keeping Israel...errr AMERICA safe". Just neo-cons galore. Ron being the only mainstream Republican to outright oppose the warmongering makes him a huge target of those types.

Lucille
11-15-2012, 09:33 AM
In their defense, shouldn't they be? They're allowing freedom of speech.

Try criticizing Israel over there, and see what happens.

sailingaway
11-15-2012, 11:00 AM
I just read through the comments...

How can ANYONE be so UTTERLY CLOSED-MINDED? How can you not at least research the candidates put before you, or at least do the slightest bit of Googling on someone before you comment on a article relating to them? When the primaries were taking place, I looked into each candidate with an open mind to see who aligned best with my own philosophies. At the time, I didn't know much about Ron Paul. If you actually READ and LISTEN to what he has to say, it's just logical.

What is really irritating the living crap out of me on HotAir, though, is this anti-semitic name calling. I understand there was a SNAFU a while back with a newsletter, but is that really the total length at which people are willing to look into an issue? Does no one actually go the next step and think, "I wonder what other proof there is to this racist argument?" I just can't comprehend how the least racist/anti-semitic politician in the world can get such a ridiculous stigma. What's worse is that even when these people are spoonfed proof against their claims, they don't even take two seconds to consider a counter-argument. I love hearing other people's arguments, because it gives me a chance to reconsider my own position.

Sorry for the rant, but lately I've just been losing whatever hope I had left in the American public. I applaud those of you who have been spreading Dr. Paul's message for years, because it's certainly a test of tremendous patience.

Absolutely. But then I think about what HE's been doing for thirty years with little to no positive feedback for the first 25 years of that...

and we at least have eachother. we've seen ampitheaters of us across the nation.

belian78
11-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Between seeing people like those at Hot Air, and the people I deal with at work on a daily basis, I'm to the point of cheering on 12/21/2012. LOL Let there be some polar shift or something, if I don't survive that'll be regrettable, but at least civilization can start fresh.