PDA

View Full Version : Why do you donate... and why I do...

JoeH
11-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Todays email about needing money made me think about why I donate and when I have...

Prior to the RP campaign I've never donate money to a politician. IMO I still haven't.. Ron Paul is a Statesman :p

Anyway I donated a few bucks prior Nov 5th as a protest donation.

I donated on NOV 5 as a protest and general f-u to the government.

I will donate (above my NOV 5 amount) as yet another protest and as support for Liberty.

The rest of my money has went to buying signs, slimjims and bumperstickers.

Today I got that email and I was thinking about when a friend called and we got to talking about it... He's only donated on the 5th in support of Liberty and while he will do it again for the Boston Tea Party anniversary he won't donate to the campaign otherwise. Call it what you will, but thats the way it is.

This is somewhat the case from the 'paid campaign advisor's'. This isn't the typical campaign and shouldn't be run that way.

We are different and we are going to lose this thing if those same beltway doofuses try and run a 100% conventional campaign.

People want different and they want change. Most of the advertising done so far I don't agree with... so I'm certainly not going to kick in money for it on any random day. My money is my way of showing up in washington with a "V mask" or heading to boston with a moccasins and a tribal head dress.

If my money doesn't get their prior to 12-16 and it's the 100 bucks that could have done xyz... so be it.

IMO This isn't about some campaign or Ron Paul (other than him being a torch bearer for the Revolution). This country, the people and the elected officials need to realize it. This is a Revolution. We are waking up to what been stolen from us and we want it back. We want or Liberty and Freedom back.

Thanks for letting me rant, I've been lurking here for awhile and finally got around to registering. While I'm ranting, you people petty bickering about who did this or who gets credit for that need to grow up and take the lame attacks out of your signatures. Nobody cares about your 'personal problems' and it's in bad taste. There is enough to be done without school yard politics running rampant.