PDA

View Full Version : Park Ave: Money, Power & the American Dream

rprprs
11-14-2012, 04:56 PM
I was surfing through some channels when I happened to hear mention made of the Koch brothers. I stopped to listen.
Turns out it was the Independent Lens series offered on PBS. I was only able to catch approx. the last third of the show, but from what I could gather, though ostensibly about the widening income gap, it ended up being a complete and shameless indictment of capitalism, free markets and libetarianism. In the part I saw, the cast of characters included the aforementioned Koch brothers, Paul Ryan, Ayn Rand and others associated with think tanks such as CATO. It also included scenes from the movie Atlas Shrugged.

The official website below currently offers only a promo and clip.
h ttp://www.pbs.org/independentlens/park-avenue/

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, but I'm going to watch for replays, so that I can catch it in its entirety.
I was wondering if anyone else happened to see it and what your thoughts might be. From what I saw, defunding of PBS couldn't happen soon enough.

pochy1776
11-14-2012, 10:37 PM
i watch it and it had dipshits like Jeffrey Sachs. It just says INEQUALITY SUCKS AND GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. it also makes people think Ron Paul and the libertarian think tanks are bad. Hell, Why can't they learn ONE THING! Your credentials are crap and Government is the problem that lead to equality NOT the Market and NOT capitalism.