PDA

View Full Version : Obama on Petraeus: "People are innocent until proven guilty"

Lucille
11-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Proven guilty by what process? The "due process" of the executive branch he claims to have? Or is actual due process reserved for members of the Ruling Class only? Of course, not one "reporter" called him out on that one.

Obama on Petraeus: "People are innocent until proven guilty"
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/14/obama-on-petraeus-people-are-innocent-un

"Should you and the American people have been told that the CIA chief was under investigation before the election?" a reporter asked Obama of the FBI investigation into Petraeus and Broadwell that began months ago.

"I think you're going to have to talk to the FBI about what their protocols are," Obama responded. "One of the challenges here is that we're not supposed to meddle in criminal investigations. That's been our practice. People are innocent until proven guilty. We don't want to prejudge these situations."

Followers of the Wikileaks/Bradley Manning investigation know that hasn't always been the practice. When Obama was asked in 2011 about Manning, who had been arrested, but not tried for violating the Espionage Act, Obama said,

If I was to release stuff, information that I’m not authorized to release, I’m breaking the law…We’re a nation of laws. We don’t individually make our own decisions about how the laws operate…

He broke the law.

Occam's Banana
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
"People are innocent until proven guilty." Yeah. Right. Go tell it the people on your goddam "kill list," you mealy-mouthed two-faced son of a bitch. :mad:

twomp
11-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Obama on Petraeus: "People are innocent until proven guilty"

Bradley Manning would agree with you Mr. President.

Agorism
11-14-2012, 05:14 PM
What if u drone bomb the citizen?

torchbearer
11-14-2012, 05:28 PM
What if u drone bomb the citizen?

reported to DHS.

moostraks
11-14-2012, 05:36 PM
"People are innocent until proven guilty." Yeah. Right. Go tell it the people on your goddam "kill list," you mealy-mouthed two-faced son of a bitch. :mad:

thank you for saving me the response time! well said...

angelatc
11-14-2012, 05:47 PM
That's why we have to have indefinite detention. Otherwise, some innocent people might be freed because they aren't technically guilty of anything.

Why do you people hate America? /snark

Occam's Banana
11-14-2012, 05:59 PM
thank you for saving me the response time! well said...
Thanks. I'm so pissed I could chew nails! It's bad enough that bastard has people murdered at his say-so.
Pretending he gives a shit about the presumption of innocence is just a vile & contemptible jape. It's like he's deliberately mocking decency.
:mad::mad::mad:

Confederate
11-14-2012, 06:23 PM
What about al-Awlaki and his 16-year old son?

Occam's Banana
11-14-2012, 06:27 PM
What about al-Awlaki and his 16-year old son?

What about you and me? They were American citizens, just like we are.

UWDude
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Bradley Manning would agree with you Mr. President.

Yup. President Obama already said on camera that Bradley Manning committed a crime, and he should be prepared to pay the consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KNz0eQgJS8

Lucille
11-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Also!

Obama: "We are safer because of the work that David Petraeus has done...."

On what planet (http://original.antiwar.com/paul/2010/08/09/the-cycle-of-violence-in-afghanistan/)?!