PDA

View Full Version : Turn onto CNN. They just mentioned Ron Paul and the Iowa forum!

AlexAmore
06-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately it looks like it won't be in our favor.

They said how we posted the home phone number and the calls were 60 percent friendly and 40 percent harrassing. But that was just a preview...

pazzo83
06-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Were they negative?

AlexAmore
06-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes. It looked bad. But the story is coming up.

hambone1982
06-21-2007, 08:32 PM
On Anderson Cooper?

Give me liberty
06-21-2007, 08:34 PM
On Anderson Cooper?

Yes
and they think we were negative on the phones, at least those who called.

Gunslinger
06-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Just saw a segment on CNN (Anderson Cooper 360 Raw Politics with Candy Crawley?) talking about Ron Paul supporters swamping the phone lines (both home and business) for one of the people who excluded him from the Iowa taxation group event. They quoted him saying something to the effect of "60 percent of the calls are courteous, 40 percent of the calls are nasty".

I apologize for not having all the specifics, but I just caught it on CNN and no DVR access where I am at. :mad:

wecandoit
06-21-2007, 08:35 PM
60% friendly and 40% harassing? what kind of BS is that?

LibertyCzar
06-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I just hope this will reach Jack Cafferty for tomorrow's questions. At least we know that CNN is aware of this situation. Even if CNN tries to spin it in a negative way, it would be interesting to see what the viewers think.

Spirit of '76
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Did I miss it, or have they not shown it yet?

hambone1982
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Did I miss it, or have they not shown it yet?

They didn't show anything yet

angrydragon
06-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Calling a person's home, whose family has nothing to do with the ordeal was unwarranted and not needed. Those that did, remind yourself not to do it in future ordeals that may arise.

Therion
06-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Watch them mostly ignore that RP was deliberately excluded and concentrate on bashing RP's supporters (even if some of them deserve it).

AlexAmore
06-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Perhaps it was just a quick mention of this ordeal and they won't have a real story about it. It looked to me like a preview of what's coming up, but I may be wrong.

I'll continue to watch.

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Sounds like Ron's Campaign manager should follow up with an offer to explain!

LibertyCzar
06-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I just posted this on a Digg submission:

This is the trouble with posting the guy's phone number on the internet. Now all of us Ron Paul supporters are left to prove a negative. There's no proof an actual supporter harassed the guy. But it cannot be conclusively said that a Ron Paul supporter was not harassing the guy either. Regardless, Ron Paul's campaign only posted the office phone numbers, so any calls to the guy's home were independently done. Any attempt to blame the campaign is misplaced.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Did I just here Anderson Cooper say that Barack Obama is the ONLY presidential candidate to release his earmark requests?

Im certain I read Ron Pauls requests earlier this week.

Anderson Cooper is a liar.

cujothekitten
06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Again... lets put things in perspective shall we

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=892_1182435671

Aparently Savage listners also leave hate mail

dspectre
06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
so what did they ultimately say?

JoshLowry
06-21-2007, 09:43 PM
it hasn't come on, must of just been a blurb?

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Here's an article. Not too favorable.

http://tinyurl.com/24z7cv

People have got to stop calling people at home!

DrStrabismus
06-21-2007, 09:45 PM

haha, that was awesome, wow, "ass loser commies" pure gold

dspectre
06-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Here's an article. Not too favorable.

http://tinyurl.com/24z7cv

People have got to stop calling people at home!

Actually except for the headline, it seemed pretty neutral.

I don't like people being rude, but frankly if you have over 10,000 people calling what are you suppose to expect? This is American culture...

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM

Oh geez. I just listened to that. It's horrible. The people that wrote those letters made Savage look even worse than he actually is and that's pretty hard to do. :)

Why is it so hard for people to just act professional and stick to contacting them through their offices? If we act like juveniles or psychos, we're also going to lay that all over Dr. Paul.

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 09:52 PM
haha, that was awesome, wow, "ass loser commies" pure gold

It's juvenile, is what it is and didn't do anything but make both they and Savage look bad.

jj111
06-21-2007, 09:54 PM
It's possible that:
1) Someone not in the Paul campaign posted the home number initially
2) Others assumed it was the office number and called the home number unintentionally
3) That some of the people who called Mr. Failor were not part of the Paul campaign but operatives from other campaigns
4) That Mr. Failor is either lying or exagerating about the nature of the calls he received.

But it probably is a good idea to double check the source link before calling a number to make sure it is legit.

dspectre
06-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Well, if you people are concerned about being nice for just pure moral reasons that is one thing, and I think that is a good goal.

If you are concerned about being nice because the way other people may think, well that is just unrealistic.

You have to bear in mind, if a few people made harassing calls to these weasels, don't you think they would blow it out of proportion?

To think that the media is an honest outlet of information is naive.

Why should we be overly concerned about being "nice" to weasels?

I don't condone the behavior, let me stress that, but to expect every single phone call out of 10,000 people from the internet to be nice? That is just spin and a lack of understanding the internet.

jj111
06-21-2007, 10:02 PM
It's a smear by Failor with zero evidence to prove it.

Failor has already shown himself to be a person with severe conflicts of interest and has not given full disclosure of these things on the radio broadcast.....

Do you trust Failor's smears?

JoshLowry
06-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Just watched 60 minutes of Anderson Cooper. No Ron Paul.

RPR-omaha
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, if you people are concerned about being nice for just pure moral reasons that is one thing, and I think that is a good goal.

If you are concerned about being nice because the way other people may think, well that is just unrealistic.

You have to bear in mind, if a few people made harassing calls to these weasels, don't you think they would blow it out of proportion?

To think that the media is an honest outlet of information is naive.

Why should we be overly concerned about being "nice" to weasels?

I don't condone the behavior, let me stress that, but to expect every single phone call out of 10,000 people from the internet to be nice? That is just spin and a lack of understanding the internet.

Of course the media will blow it out of proportion. I am sure Ed Failure is exagareeting or lying. Of course some people will always go crazy. What we have to do is stress that it is not right. We have to create an atmosphere where this kind of thing is not ok. It won't stop it. The effect it will have is to limit this kind of behavior and let interested observers that are sitting on the fences see that most Ron Paul supporters have good character. It will help people keep their emotions get the better of them.

dspectre
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks Josh,

I don't have a TV so you guys have to clue me in on this stuff.

JoshLowry
06-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks Josh,

I don't have a TV so you guys have to clue me in on this stuff.

Hah, I don't watch it unless Dr. Paul is on it.

My RP addiction is bad.

Spirit of '76
06-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Just watched 60 minutes of Anderson Cooper.

Man, I'm sorry. Can I fix you a drink or something? :D

Andrew76
06-21-2007, 10:21 PM
First of all, if he's going to have a breakdown like 60% vs. 40%... what was he doing, counting the calls and making a checklist as they came in?? "Hey honey, looks like we got another nasty one. Make another tic mark in the 'a-hole' column!"

He's obviously exaggerating, or outright lying. However, calling someone at their home is unnecessary and clearly - you can't deny this since the evidence is now in our face - it serves only to hurt us in the short term and maybe the long term too. Then again, I agree, we're left now to prove a negative. If he's going to make that claim, he should've recorded some of them. So for now, until I hear or read at least ONE of these alleged nasty calls, I'm claiming it's a b.s. sympathy ploy. Ed Failor knows he's in a bind. His organization may now lose their tax exempt status, and his desire to exclude Ron Paul in an effort to sideline him, has completely blown up in his face.

At this point, can anyone honestly deny that it would actually be better for Ron Paul to NOT be invited, or to not go if he is invited? This thing, I imagine, has done wonders for galvanizing Paul's supporters, and made him more popular at the same time. Ron Paul absolutely needs to stage his own forum, right outside their doors on the very same day. It would be huge. Tell Ed Failure and his lot to stuff it, we don't need your cruddy forum. In my opinion, a man like Ed doesn't deserve to be in the same room as Ron Paul.

pazzo83
06-21-2007, 10:23 PM

AC is such an arrogant POS...

remaxjon
06-21-2007, 10:25 PM
calling peoples home is stupid but people were pissed what are you going to do . This will blow over and the real story will be on the 30th when there are more Ron Paul supporters protesting the forum then people attending the forum. In the end we will win this round.:)

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 10:28 PM
It's possible that:
1) Someone not in the Paul campaign posted the home number initially
2) Others assumed it was the office number and called the home number unintentionally
3) That some of the people who called Mr. Failor were not part of the Paul campaign but operatives from other campaigns
4) That Mr. Failor is either lying or exagerating about the nature of the calls he received.

But it probably is a good idea to double check the source link before calling a number to make sure it is legit.

Not likely. His home number was posted here initially and is STILL posted on the other Ron Paul forum and that guy is encouraging people to still call it.

JoshLowry
06-21-2007, 10:31 PM

Please do!

calling peoples home is stupid but people were pissed what are you going to do . This will blow over and the real story will be on the 30th when there are more Ron Paul supporters protesting the forum then people attending the forum. In the end we will win this round.:)

Get your butt down there as a Realtor you should be able to get off next weekend. ;)

Honestly though, we need everyone possible to attend. If you are reading this sentence, that means you.

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm gathering some stats to answer the Ron Paul "mariginalization" mail. Just found this handy little gem. This report was done by the Project for Excellence in Journalism for the media. http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.com/2007/narrative_cabletv_publicattitudes.asp?cat=7&media=6

This ought to soften the blow whenever Ron Paul is attacked on cable news programs ;)

Public Attitudes: Cable News Believability

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/Yekt40/cable-I-pubatt.jpg

angrydragon
06-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Fox News is going up? haha Really?

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I dont get MSNBC. I hate all the people on it, except for Tucker. I actually kind of like him. I think its the bowtie.

takadi
06-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow this really gets me infuriated.

First off, they are citing the reasons that Ron Paul wasn't invited was because of supporters' behaviors, whom he had absolutely no control of whatever. Second, Ron Paul wasn't going to be invited anyways BEFORE the calls happened. Ed Failure is a goddamn wuss who using this as a cheap shot against Paul. What a copout. You can't JUSTIFY not inviting him based on a false collective of people whom Paul has NO official affiliation with. That is ridiculous.

Now whoever DID post those home phone numbers are the ones who should be punished, NOT Ron. And poor Ed was hurt because Lew was yelling at him. HA! Grow some balls, you miserable excuse for a human being.

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Fox News is going up? haha Really?

Isn't that a hoot! Had to pick myself up off the floor for that one.

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 10:53 PM
I dont get MSNBC. I hate all the people on it, except for Tucker. I actually kind of like him. I think its the bowtie.

I like Olbermann. He get's pretty rabid at the White House cabal sometimes.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-21-2007, 11:00 PM
And when I say I dont get MSNBC, I mean I dont pick up the channel on my TV.

Spirit of '76
06-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Not likely. His home number was posted here initially and is STILL posted on the other Ron Paul forum and that guy is encouraging people to still call it.

Yeah, that's kind of made me wonder about that guy...

jj111
06-21-2007, 11:23 PM

Please find out who it is and
1) Inform moderator. I think whoever is still encouraging calling home numbers should either be reprimanded or booted.
2) Inform moderator of other forum you are talking about.

The home number posts should be deleted by moderators pronto.

CurtisLow
06-22-2007, 12:32 AM
"60% friendly and 40% harassing?"

How do they know it's RP supporters and not there own or another campaign?

I sure we have some spy's in here.. I'm sure it's someones job out there to make RP look bad.

Marc Scott Emery
06-22-2007, 01:52 AM
gave Ron Paul a hilarious and wonderful segment on The Thursday night Colbert Report. It showed people all over the world cheering for Ron Paul after his appearance on the Colbert Report June 13.

SwordOfShannarah
06-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Did I just here Anderson Cooper say that Barack Obama is the ONLY presidential candidate to release his earmark requests?

absolutely- I lost trust in him a looooong time ago. He sucks and is a total suck up loser. Instead of investigative reporting they need to start calling it investigative propaganda.

JaylieWoW
06-22-2007, 07:39 AM
One small observation I'd like to point out from piecing together two comments Failor made during the radio interview.

Supporters Calling Personal Residence

First and foremost this type of activity should result in a severe reprimand. While I realize we all flock to Dr. Paul because of his message of liberty, part of the tenants of liberty include: personal responsibility and respect to privacy of other individuals. Calling someone at their home is completely against those very principles. No excuse whatsoever for this behavior.

Failor said some of the calls were "harrassing" and "threatening" but also that this was America and people are free to do that.

Ron Paul HQ Call

Keeping in mind the statement that some of the calls to Failor's residence were unsavory, I submit another statement he made as well. He accused the Ron Paul Campaign representative of "yelling" at him when inquiring about the exclusion. Kent Snyder, who apparently was listening in on the call, denies any hostility of the HQ rep.

Conclusion

If you put these two things together it is easily conclusive that Failor is vehemently defending his position and his perception of "harassing", "yelling" and "threatening" seems to be more than "overly-sensitive". He's rattled and making mistakes without any doubt. You could hear it in his voice during the interview. He'd dug himself into a hole and his perception as neutral (John McCain) has been compromised. Very bad news for someone in his position.

Starlight
06-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Does anyone know where Anderson Cooper stands politically? Is there anyone or anything in particular he might be rooting for in this election? I´ve always thought he seemed a very nice person, so it saddens me to hear about last night.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Please find out who it is and
1) Inform moderator. I think whoever is still encouraging calling home numbers should either be reprimanded or booted.
2) Inform moderator of other forum you are talking about.

The home number posts should be deleted by moderators pronto.

It's a guy who goes by the name, "FreeState". I honestly don't think the moderator on that other site, gives one flip, but that's just my opinion.

jaybone
06-22-2007, 08:04 AM
I agree,
Personal liberty has to be balanced with respect for the sovereignty of others, ALL others, even the fascists.
Calling this guy at home is going to make us all look bad, it's completely inappropriate and has to stop immediately.

Beyond that, it is my understanding that this is not a publicly funded forum, and as such the organizers have every right to invite and exclude whom they wish.
Do I like it? NO!
Have I called and emailed asking them to include Ron? MANY times.
Living in a free society requires tolerance and civil discourse.
It works both ways....

Swmorgan77
06-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Just saw a segment on CNN (Anderson Cooper 360 Raw Politics with Candy Crawley?) talking about Ron Paul supporters swamping the phone lines (both home and business) for one of the people who excluded him from the Iowa taxation group event. They quoted him saying something to the effect of "60 percent of the calls are courteous, 40 percent of the calls are nasty".

I apologize for not having all the specifics, but I just caught it on CNN and no DVR access where I am at. :mad:

Hmm....

It appears RP supporters were set up on this one. I was leery when I saw a myspace bulletin with Failor's home phone number in it.

We may have walked into a trap here, folks. Let's learn from it.

Still, I kind of question Failor's assertions about the nature of these calls "saying horrible things to my family". What exactly was said, what were the phone numbers?

jj111
06-22-2007, 08:15 AM
They could easily have been operatives from other campaigns, including people linked to Failor, who made some or all of said calls.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 08:18 AM
It's a smear by Failor with zero evidence to prove it.

Failor has already shown himself to be a person with severe conflicts of interest and has not given full disclosure of these things on the radio broadcast.....

Do you trust Failor's smears?

It's possible 5 idiots called his house and he turned it into 40. This website hacking thing is laughable. What probably happened is that we ate up their bandwidth and he doesn't know the difference. He might as well just call us all child molestors since he doesn't need proof for his allegations. That's the kind of guy he is, as we've learned.

But we should NEVER post home numbers, as it would be easy for him to show that proof.

Liberty
06-22-2007, 08:21 AM

It is irresponsible journalism to report this 60%-40% breakdown without proof.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 08:21 AM
gave Ron Paul a hilarious and wonderful segment on The Thursday night Colbert Report. It showed people all over the world cheering for Ron Paul after his appearance on the Colbert Report June 13.

Anyone have the YouTube for that?

peruvianRP
06-22-2007, 08:23 AM
does it mean that he answer all calles and just make a report to get that figure 60% and 40%?

If it was me I would not answer unknown calls> what a bull crap.

cry baby cry. damn, I wish I live closer to Iowa.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Supporters Calling Personal Residence

First and foremost this type of activity should result in a severe reprimand. While I realize we all flock to Dr. Paul because of his message of liberty, part of the tenants of liberty include: personal responsibility and respect to privacy of other individuals. Calling someone at their home is completely against those very principles. No excuse whatsoever for this behavior.

Josh, how about placing that in the TOS, that posting anyone's home phone number, unless cleared first by the moderator, will result in the immediate banning of that member. Going forward, that is. I'm sure the person just wasn't thinking on this last one, and now knows better.

dspectre
06-22-2007, 08:25 AM
I didn't watch this because I don't have a TV.

But I really wouldn't lose sleep over it. Did they have any facts to back up what they are doing? It just sounds like a Hit Piece.

Really people, if there are over 10,000 of us supporting RP, all it takes is a handful to make us look rude. I mean can we control all 10,000 people? That is just totally unrealistic, and people who believe this don't really understand the culture of the internet.

angelatc
06-22-2007, 08:28 AM

Ron Paul's office didn't have to discuss it and get back to the staffers about it. They said "Yes" and sent it when asked the first time.

Here are the people who originally did the report: .....staffers Amanda Sealy and Todd Schwarzschild and interns Rachel Zelkowitz, William Hudson, Rachel Reynolds, Chamise Jones, Haley Van Dyck and Brittany Edney contributed to this report.

I am going to try emaling them to see if we can get Anderson Cooper to retract that statement, using firstname.lastname @ cnn . com and if they bounce I am going to write them a letter. Some of you more outgoing people might even try calling them at the Atlanta Office.

The interns are the future of journalism.

Dary
06-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Not one representative of Ron Paul, Ron Paul’s campaign or supporter of Ron Paul called Failor at his home and made threatening comments.

Not one.

Anyone who would do such a thing stands in direct contradiction to what Ron Paul believes in and. therefore cannot be a supporter.

Don’t let the enemy spin this to make us look bad.

There may have been threatening calls made to Failor and his family.

But not one of them came from a Ron Paul supporter.

belian78
06-22-2007, 08:39 AM
it very well could have been overzealous noobs to RP that were inappropriately encouraged by others that called the home numbers. i can atest to the fact that the MySpace RP group has been completely hijacked. The MOD has completely abandoned the group, and they do nothing but spin their tires talking about completely useless topics. when something like this happens there are people that promote some less than savory tactics. Myself, and a few others try to keep that to a minimum, but with no MOD it's a losing battle.

Although I agree that in the long run this isnt going to hurt us too much, especially when myself and however many others are standing out front of this Forum on the 30th. :D

Bossobass
06-22-2007, 08:42 AM
They should put Failor and his 'RP isn't a credible candidate' story on Jerry Springer.

This guy thinks he can go into every living room in America and tell 300 million people that Congressman-Doctor-Author-Republican candidate for POTUS Ron Paul has 'no credibility', but whine about a few comments (that probably aren't very far off base, IMO) that he alleges.

I wanna hear these messages and decide for myself. Short of that, I personally believe N-O-T-H-I-N-G that Ed has to say. In the meanhwile, you reap what you sow. Ed should inquire with his Christian Alliance compadres where that proverb is concerned.

I wish we could play a tape of the Drug War and Patriot Act Storm Troopers busting down an innocent American citizen's door, without a search warrant, based on erroneous information from a drug dealer that included the wrong address.

Ed would probably enjoy that video and the nice, polite things the SS would do and say to the innocent victims involved.

I say call every number available and say whatever you feel like saying. I may disagree with your language, but I certainly understand the reaction that's no more than a defense of RP when you consider how stacked the deck really is in this election process and what's at stake in the end result.

Bosso

Spatch67
06-22-2007, 09:18 AM

I would imagine that anyone who is open to new ideas and might likely sway are intelligent voters, the ones who have have figured out that John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are way less full of shit than 99% of the asses that CNN, MSNBC, and FAUX news puts on.

jd603
06-22-2007, 10:11 AM
CNN has been incredibly anti-ron-paul , ever since their last debate , I think cafferty would like to do another show with Ron in it, but I think there's a been a call from management to do otherwise, unless of course it can have a NEGATIVE spin.

CNN is as bad a FOXNEWS with how they've handled Ron Paul.

beermotor
06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
First of all, if he's going to have a breakdown like 60% vs. 40%... what was he doing, counting the calls and making a checklist as they came in?? "Hey honey, looks like we got another nasty one. Make another tic mark in the 'a-hole' column!"

He's obviously exaggerating, or outright lying. However, calling someone at their home is unnecessary and clearly - you can't deny this since the evidence is now in our face - it serves only to hurt us in the short term and maybe the long term too. Then again, I agree, we're left now to prove a negative. If he's going to make that claim, he should've recorded some of them. So for now, until I hear or read at least ONE of these alleged nasty calls, I'm claiming it's a b.s. sympathy ploy. Ed Failor knows he's in a bind. His organization may now lose their tax exempt status, and his desire to exclude Ron Paul in an effort to sideline him, has completely blown up in his face.

At this point, can anyone honestly deny that it would actually be better for Ron Paul to NOT be invited, or to not go if he is invited? This thing, I imagine, has done wonders for galvanizing Paul's supporters, and made him more popular at the same time. Ron Paul absolutely needs to stage his own forum, right outside their doors on the very same day. It would be huge. Tell Ed Failure and his lot to stuff it, we don't need your cruddy forum. In my opinion, a man like Ed doesn't deserve to be in the same room as Ron Paul.

I have a good friend, his last name is Segreto. We (my buddies and I) began to call his outlandish statistical assertions "Segrestics" ... and "segrestical reasoning" ...

Clearly Ed Failor is engaging in segrestics.

angelatc
06-22-2007, 10:27 AM
This is my biggest objection to descending at the Jun 30th debate, and it's why I'm not going to attend. The RP supporters are passionate. It won't take much to make a couple of them go off, giving the media a couple of clips portraying his supporters as raving, hostile lunatics.

I've seen this a hundred times. When I was a kid, I went to an anti-war protest. There were all kinds of people there, and lots of them were wearing suits and ties. Lots more were Moms pushing strollers. When I got home, the news only showed the "dirty hippies" smoking joints and waving angry signs filled with profanity.

Ron Paul would be better off if his supporters arranged a Meet Up at an alternate venue that day and invited the press there.

jd603
06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Nah, the media will always find something to spin... his passionate supporters are what will help drive this campaign and has already led to some interviews etc. I don't see intelligent passionate supporters for anyone elses campaign right now, not this early on... that alone says something.

If he gains enough support, money and attention, eventually the media will have no choice but to change their tune. I hope he makes it to that turning point soon...

Oh and calling Failure's home was wrong, people SHOULD try to refrain from doing that sort of thing, but I'm sure Eddy blew it way out of proportion on purpose to hand the media a big negative spin.