PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Conducting "Close Air Support" Drills over Boise Idaho

AuH20
11-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Very strange.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/11/13/2344780/air-force-jets-will-be-flying.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IdahostatesmancomNewsUpdates+ %28IdahoStatesman.com+News+Updates%29

fisharmor
11-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Very strange.

The very run-of-the-mill drills, or the comments on the article?

The Goat
11-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Military aircraft fly over my house daily. Why do people wig out over these things?

pcosmar
11-14-2012, 09:43 AM
The very run-of-the-mill drills,

That they are "run of the mill" should be a concern in the first place.

Military aircraft fly over my house daily. Why do people wig out over these things?

Flying over is one thing,, using population areas as training and targeting zones is another.

tod evans
11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
The Nat. Guard uses their aircraft to look for weed out here..

youngbuck
11-14-2012, 09:52 AM
The only strange thing I see is the close proximity of the drills to the capitol building. Other than that, this training occurs daily across the entire country.

pcosmar
11-14-2012, 10:02 AM
The only strange thing I see is the close proximity of the drills to the capitol building. Other than that, this training occurs daily across the entire country.

It didn't in my youth. And I lived near a SAC Base. There was a Nuclear Armed B52 in the air 24/7. One went up as one landed. There were fighter jets.
They came and went. Even living near a Top Gun base in Florida,, The planes DID NOT use civilian areas for training..
They had training areas for that shit.

youngbuck
11-14-2012, 10:09 AM
It didn't in my youth. And I lived near a SAC Base. There was a Nuclear Armed B52 in the air 24/7. One went up as one landed. There were fighter jets.
They came and went. Even living near a Top Gun base in Florida,, The planes DID NOT use civilian areas for training..
They had training areas for that shit.

Yea, you're right. I grew up near a naval air base, where they blew up bombs and all kinds of stuff, but indeed it was not in civilian areas. You could always see jets and helicopters in the sky, but they weren't certainly weren't doing drills like in the OP.

So do they actually need real, live cities to practice this stuff, or is this just incremental conditioning?

presence
11-14-2012, 10:19 AM
So do they actually need real, live cities to practice this stuff, or is this just incremental conditioning?

from comments

it is called operation intimidation. do not question the war machine or the corporations which own our government

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/11/13/2344780/air-force-jets-will-be-flying.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IdahostatesmancomNewsUpdates+ %28IdahoStatesman.com+News+Updates%29#storylink=cp y