PDA

View Full Version : How to be a social conservative today

pochy1776
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
So almighty god cursed you with principled or not beliefs about, family, marriage and life. Too bad, that won't win elections, you'll be seen as a kook. But, with my help social conservatives, you CAN be elected and still hate gays and abortion.

1. Don't mention it so often.
The reason why Rand Paul won while being a social conservative was because he focused on the Economy as well as the the loss of REAL Civil Liberties (privacy, not X Rights) Always put economy and solvency first, the media can't that off.

2. Be Anti War

this is especially good if you are Pro-life. It makes you principled. "we should not kill life here or abroad."

3. Align yourself with the Liberty movement and the Tea Party AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING
AND ISTEN TO THEIR ASSES, DO NOT GO Kristi Noem and do nothing substantial

4. Be personally responsible
NO SEX OR EXTRAMARITAL AFFAIRS. it makes us all look bad.

5. Support DOMA as well as the Ron Paul's Protect Marriage act and the We the People Act.
Nuff said

6. Stick to integrity, principle and conviction
all good statesmen do this

7. CUT SPENDING
ALL OF IT.

pochy1776
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Nobody liked this?

youngbuck
11-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Sounds pretty good to me...

dean.engelhardt
11-14-2012, 08:24 AM
NO SEX

Celibacy for liberty? Way to kill a movement and piss off spouses.

rprprs
11-14-2012, 10:08 AM
So almighty god cursed you with principled or not beliefs about, family, marriage and life. Too bad, that won't win elections, you'll be seen as a kook. But, with my help social conservatives, you CAN be elected and still hate gays and abortion..

I know the arguments that if you don't attempt to legislate based on your 'hatred' it shouldn't matter what your personal beliefs are, but I'm not sure if someone truly hating gays actually deserves election.

(And keep Rand out of that mix. Even Bachmann and Santorum wouldn't lay claim to that.)

pochy1776
11-15-2012, 10:12 AM
I know the arguments that if you don't attempt to legislate based on your 'hatred' it shouldn't matter what your personal beliefs are, but I'm not sure if someone truly hating gays actually deserves election.

(And keep Rand out of that mix. Even Bachmann and Santorum wouldn't lay claim to that.)
Perhaps i used the word "hate" incorrectly i am deferring to your first statement. YOU CAN BELIVE WHateva you want (hatred for any group of people) as long as it m eans tax cuts, free market economics and privatizing state run marriages and children.

pochy1776
11-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Celibacy for liberty? Way to kill a movement and piss off spouses.

How am i killing off a movement. Most squares have wives that should not be cheated on. too many socons are having affairs right now.

youngbuck
11-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Celibacy for liberty? Way to kill a movement and piss off spouses. I read it as "extra-marital" sex. Who on earth advocates celibacy? (well, I guess some Catholics...)