PDA

View Full Version : Hostess Being Ravaged by Union Battle

AuH20
11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/13/yes-its-true-parasitic-unions-kill-their-hosts-or-in-this-case-hostess/

the money quote:

"Some employees are apparently under the misimpression that if they force Hostess to liquidate, another company will buy our bakeries and offer them employment,” Rayburn said. “The fact is, the bakery industry already has far too much capacity, and there is a strong risk that many of our facilities may never operate as bakeries again once they are closed. I believe the leadership of the Bakers Union knows this fact, but is willing to sacrifice its Hostess employees for the sake of preventing other bakery companies from asking for similar concessions.”

Rayburn continued: “That hardest part of the decision to close any facility is knowing that it will result in the loss of jobs for those Hostess Brands employees who did not support the strike and who wanted to help revive the Company,” Mr. Rayburn said. “They didn’t ask for these strikes, but they are paying a terrible price for them.”

Intelligence was never their strong suit.

dannno
11-13-2012, 08:19 PM
I'll buy a hostess factory.

For $5.

trey4sports
11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
this has been all over STL talk radio. Apparently they have a big factory (bakery?) around here.

Keith and stuff
11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
It sounds like 1,000s of union workers don't like working and want to go on unemployment.

I couldn't care less about Hostess anyway because I buy the generic brands. However, this reminds me of the Twinkies factory episode on the Family Guy.

JK/SEA
11-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Interstate Brands ..aka Wonderbread/Hostess sunk 40 million into a state of the art high speed bread plant in Tacoma Washington. This plant and other newly built plants around the country cost this company millions and millions of dollars and never got up to speed due to breakdowns of epic proportions. They lost the COSTCO account, and most private label accounts from this poor management decision. They closed very efficient and profitable older plants for this plan. In the end, the Tacoma plant was closed, everyone layed off, equipment sold. A bankruptcy was supposed to help, but management, Managers and non-union leadership received huge bonuses costing millions. Now Hostess is going through the same thing. Union workers for Hostess have already made substantial concessions to help the company. Cuts in pensions, and healthcare and wages apparently are not enough to save this company. Wages for an average Bakery local 9 member are around 20 bucks an hour for a senior worker.

The owners and management are ultimately responsible for destroying this once profitable company.

puppetmaster
11-13-2012, 09:32 PM
I'll buy a hostess factory.

For $5.

I usually see pretty hostesses at Outback steakhouse