PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry: Texas will NOT be seceding

LibertyEagle
11-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Some react to election results by accepting the results and moving on, others make empty threats about seceding from the United States. There are a number of petitions on the White House’s “We the People” site calling for states to secede, most notably Texas. That particular petition has received over 60,000 signatures in less than four days. But Texas governor Rick Perry, who once attracted national attention by talking about possible secession, is firmly denying that such a move would take place.

read the rest... (http://www.mediaite.com/online/rick-perry-reassures-the-nation-that-texas-will-not-be-seceding/)

Deborah K
11-13-2012, 06:18 PM
I would expect nothing less from the statist POS that he is.

torchbearer
11-13-2012, 06:21 PM
louisiana and texas would make a nice confederation. we control most of the oil outside of alaska. there are a lot of natural resources and capitol tools already present and ready to use.
if only people really wanted it..

RickyJ
11-13-2012, 06:22 PM
I would like to see all the states secede. Then the Federal government, the IRS and the Federal Reserve will all instantly be put out of business. The states can form alliances with other states to work together for protection of their states. This is the best way to limit the federal government, just get rid of it altogether.

TheTexan
11-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Of course Rick Perry is a liar, but damn, he sure did throw out his earlier words faster than a used condom. I kind of expected him to wait until there was even a remotely credible possibility of secession before completely betraying his empty rhetoric

Fredom101
11-13-2012, 06:28 PM
I would like to see all the states secede. Then the Federal government, the IRS and the Federal Reserve will all instantly be put out of business. The states can form alliances with other states to work together for protection of their states. This is the best way to limit the federal government, just get rid of it altogether.

Smartest thing I think I've ever read on RPF.

Did you ever by chance read The Sovereign Individual? Great book.

jkr
11-13-2012, 06:32 PM
carpet-baggier democrat

robert9712000
11-13-2012, 06:44 PM
I bet he has a 3 step plan to stop the growing talk of secession and that would be uhm ... uhmm ... help me here Ron...

torchbearer
11-13-2012, 06:46 PM
how does perry get elected?

steph3n
11-13-2012, 06:50 PM
how does perry get elected?

Using a lot of hairspray.

torchbearer
11-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Using a lot of hairspray.

does he dope the electorate with it? i gotta get me some of that.

Anti Federalist
11-13-2012, 06:53 PM

They don't, and never will.

They didn't in 1776 or in 1861.

There are Pro Stalin/Pro USSR groups in Russia to this day.

Most people don't want freedom and never have wanted freedom or independence.

Trying to make them want it, is like trying to teach a pig to whistle.

torchbearer
11-13-2012, 06:57 PM

then how do you achieve a voluntary society if the super majority don't want it?
you can't force it on them... can u?

Expatriate
11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
then how do you achieve a voluntary society if the super majority don't want it?

How do you force a voluntary society on someone? :p

torchbearer
11-13-2012, 07:06 PM
How do you force a voluntary society on someone? :p

that is what i'm getting at....
you will never have a totally free society until everyone just wake up and come to that conclusion someday... despite what the media and culture telling them otherwise.

Anti Federalist
11-13-2012, 07:07 PM

The $64 million question, isn't it?

I say you can.

I say you must.

Fuck 'em. it's not like they will be forced to stay, or will be forced to participate in anything, after all, this is a freedom based society we are talking about.

But our great grand children will be dead, and we'll still be fighting this same stupid battle, trying to sell mankind something it doesn't want and has never wanted and living in tyranny to boot, if we just keep doing what we're doing now.

torchbearer
11-13-2012, 07:09 PM
The $64 million question, isn't it?

I say you can.

I say you must.

Fuck 'em. it's not like they will be forced to stay, or will be forced to participate in anything, after all, this is a freedom based society we are talking about.

But our great grand children will be dead, and we'll still be fighting this same stupid battle, trying to sell mankind something it doesn't want and has never wanted and living in tyranny to boot, if we just keep doing what we're doing now.

i don't object to your zeal.
the only way i'm free is when everyone is free.

AFPVet
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM

Agreed. Where do they think a great number of federal military bases are? In the states :)

TheGrinch
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Of course Rick Perry is a liar, but damn, he sure did throw out his earlier words faster than a used condom. I kind of expected him to wait until there was even a remotely credible possibility of secession before completely betraying his empty rhetoric

Sorry, but there isn't going to be secession, not with how many people who are vested in the system. Things would have to get much worse for it to even have a slight chance, and even then it would be uglier than you could imagine (well, if you can imagine the civil war, then I guess not).

But it does send a powerful message of who works for who though. Glad more people are getting fed up, but this just doesn't have legs beyond sending a message.

Anti Federalist
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM

They will be free.

And they'll hate every second of it.

As soon as your back is turned, they'll start chipping away at that freedom.

Origanalist
11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
They will be free.

And they'll hate every second of it.

As soon as your back is turned, they'll start chipping away at that freedom.

That's a fact, this is a war that never ends.

itshappening
11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Medina 2014 !!

ghengis86
11-13-2012, 07:17 PM

Can a free man chose to a slave? Can he trade his freedom for something? Is he free to live under tyranny?

AGRP
11-13-2012, 07:17 PM
louisiana and texas would make a nice confederation. we control most of the oil outside of alaska. there are a lot of natural resources and capitol tools already present and ready to use.
Isnt that essentially why the civil war was fought?

porchdog
11-13-2012, 07:28 PM
America has been sold out by the govt, seems the only logical option is to go it on our own, or join the united nations and the one world govt. perhaps perry would be happier in New York city. good riddance.

aGameOfThrones
11-13-2012, 07:33 PM

http://images.clipartof.com/small/225664-Pig-Blowing-A-Whistle-And-Holding-Up-A-Can-Of-Beer-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

That wasn't hard.

Anti Federalist
11-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Can a free man chose to a slave? Can he trade his freedom for something? Is he free to live under tyranny?

Yes.

But he has no right to make that choice for me.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-13-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvliy8rEJDQ

Matt Collins
11-13-2012, 10:12 PM
It's ok, he wouldn't even protect his citizens from the TSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NoUIFdaNC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NoUIFdaNC8

Occam's Banana
11-13-2012, 10:36 PM

I don't think you need a super-majority. In fact, I'm not even sure you need a majority.

You just need enough people who are not willing to participate in the "chain of obedience." (How much is enough is the big question.)

Most people will eat whatever is put on their plates. They may occasionally gag & grouse & complain, but they'll swallow it.

Feed them tyranny, they'll eat it. Feed them freedom, they'll eat it. Not because they like either of those things - they don't. They'll do it because they're essentially passive & submissive.

jclay2
11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
And to think that man was once a front runner for the republican nomination. Too bad the media didn't just decide to declare rp the front runner due to useless name recognition polling.

Honestly, this never gets easy to watch, no matter how many times you sit through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGf8lP87HU