PDA

View Full Version : This will probably make MORE than the USA Today ad. Give me a minute of your time!

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm so frustrated. I've posted two topics on this, now, and nobody's responding. The campaign to send out messages to all 90,000 of Ron Paul's friends on MySpace will commence tomorrow. THIS WILL BE SENT TO FRIENDS OF RON PAUL ON MYSPACE, SO LIKELY MOST PEOPLE THAT GET IT WILL PARTICIPATE IN TEAPARTY BECAUSE OF IT; I'm convinced it will bring in more than the USA Today ad (which isn't to Ron Paul supporters)! Please give us some suggestions and comments to make the message better to maximize donation output (we will send two more).

Subject: OUR FRIEND RON PAUL'S LAST CHANCE
Body:
Hi, fellow supporter! On November 5th, $4.3 million was raised from individual Ron Paul supporters like you. This was the largest one-day fund raiser by a Republican in a primary race, and it earned us quite a bit of attention and respect. On December 16th, the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party), Ron Paul supporters like you and I will raise $10 million in one day, and we will have coordinated the largest one-day political fundraiser in history.

Without your donation, we will fail. With your donation, we might pull off the upset of the century, put Ron Paul in the White House, and restore liberty to every American. Join us on December 16th for the Tea Party 07:

http://www.therobert.org/rp/banners2/f/banner2_466_100.png (http://teaparty07.com)
www.TeaParty07.com (http://teaparty07.com)

The Tea Party already has more subscribers than November 5th! If you can give $100, please sign up so we know where we stand. If you can't, please mark your calendar and don't forget to scrape up as much as you can on December 16th!

We need your every single ounce of effort on this one. This will be Ron Paul's last chance. When the Tea Party succeeds, we will be the frontrunner in fundraising out of ALL the political candidates, Republican or Democratic. The media attention will be stupendous, and Ron Paul will finally have the means to run a truly national campaign. This is essential, because the primaries are only a few weeks away, and only 30% of primary goers have even HEARD of Ron Paul. But this is good news! With Ron Paul already polling at almost 10%, this means that one-third of the people who have heard of him will be voting for him. Imagine how high his polling would reach if we can get the message to another 30%, 60% or 90% of likely primary voters!

Ron Paul needs the media exposure from having the largest fundraiser in history, as well as the actual money it will bring in.

Please tell all friends, family, and liberty-loving individuals that this is the last chance to restore America to its Constitutional basis; to end the war, to stop corruption of our liberties and rights, and to make sure in 2008 your ballot isn't "Clinton or Giuliani". If you know people who haven't heard about Ron Paul, tell them about this amazing individual:

RonPaulIsHope.com (http://ronpaulishope.com)

If they're a Democrat concerned about the war, point them to RonPaulIsPeace.com (http://ronpaulispeace.com) and note that even Clinton and Obama have refused to commit to be out of Iraq by 2013.

This is truly our last chance. However, with your help, it won't be our last "chance"; it will be yet another victory for the American people.

TO VICTORY!

===

You are receiving this message because you are a friend of Ron Paul on MySpace.

Drknows
11-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I like the Idea bro. Are you going to do this like face book app Or just in one mass delivery?

brianbb98
11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I think the myspace friend might make more because they are allready supporters willing to give their hard earned money to the campaign. The USA Today add will help get many new people though. Remember.. its more important to have supporters than money, at least I think so. Both should turn out to be wonderful though.

robert4rp08
11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
No one here can make that happen. Contact the campaign headquarters.

Santana28
11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
i dont think the campaign can use the official myspace page to promote the TeaParty thing because the Official MySpace page is run by the campaign, and they aren't allowed to coordinate grassroots stuff.

or at least, i think.

am i right?

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 05:47 PM
I think the myspace friend might make more because they are allready supporters willing to give their hard earned money to the campaign. The USA Today add will help get many new people though. Remember.. its more important to have supporters than money, at least I think so. Both should turn out to be wonderful though.

I just said that to catch people's attention. ;-)

fez2008
11-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Try to keep the message short. Lot of people have short attention spans and will the not read all that you have written.

1) importance of media coverage
2) what nov 5th did in terms of media coverage
3) be part of history (highest fund raising day) by raising 10mil -will generate 20 mil media coverage 2 weeks before primaries
4) please sign up for teaparty and tell your friends

john_anderson_ii
11-20-2007, 05:53 PM
On November 5th, 2007 Ron Paul raised $4.3 million, the largest one-day fundraiser by a Republican in a primary race.

On November 5th, $4.3 million was raised from individual Ron Paul supporters like you. This was the largest one-day fund raiser by a Republican in a primary race, and it earned us quite a bit of attention and respect.

On December 16th, the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, Ron Paul will raise $10 million in one day, the largest one-day political fundraiser in history (Hillary Clinton holds the record at $6.1 million).

This December 16th, on the anniversary of America's very own Boston Tea Party, we supporters hope to raise $10 million for Ron Paul. If we accomplish this daunting task we will go down in history as the masterminds of the largest one-day political fund raiser ever.

However, this will not happen without your help. Join us on December 16th for the Tea Party 07:

Without your donation, we will fail. With your donation, we might pull off the upset of the century, put Ron Paul in the White House, and restore liberty to every American.

....Or something to that effect. Short, sweet, and easy to follow.

Lord Xar
11-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I am confused. You are mentioning "campaign" in your descriptions. why?

Is this the official campaign or the grassroots campaign, or is the teaparty07 campaign.

You need to justify this. HQ is not associated with the grassroots efforts, at all.

Techno.. just clarify what you write, becasue noobies do not know that HQ cannot associate with grassroots at all. You need always clarify this.

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Try to keep the message short. Lot of people have short attention spans and will the not read all that you have written.

1) importance of media coverage
2) what nov 5th did in terms of media coverage
3) be part of history (highest fund raising day) by raising 10mil -will generate 20 mil media coverage 2 weeks before primaries
4) please sign up for teaparty and tell your friends

They're Ron Paul supporters. :) As long as it takes <5 minutes to read, they will, don't worry. I'll add being a part of history.

ShowMeLiberty
11-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Suggestion for some slight rewording after the graphic, to tighten it a bit and give it a little more "punch":

We need every last ounce of your effort on this one. When the Tea Party succeeds we will be the frontrunner in fundraising of ALL the political candidates, Republican or Democratic. The media attention will be stupendous and Ron Paul will finally have the means to run a major national campaign. This is essential because the primaries are only a few weeks away and only 30% of primary goers have even HEARD of Ron Paul. But this is good news! With Ron Paul already polling at almost 10%, this means that one-third of the people who have heard of him will be voting for him. Imagine how high his polling would reach if we can get the message to another 30%, 60% or 90% of likely primary voters!

Ron Paul needs the media exposure from having the largest fundraiser in history, as well as the actual money it will bring in.

Please tell all friends, family, and liberty-loving individuals that this is our last chance to restore America to its Constitutional foundation; to end the war, to stop corruption of our liberties and rights, and to make sure in 2008 your ballot isn't "Clinton or Giuliani". If you know people who haven't heard about Ron Paul, tell them about this amazing individual:

RonPaulIsHope.com

If they're a Democrat concerned about the war, point them to RonPaulIsPeace.com and note that even Clinton and Obama have refused to commit to be out of Iraq by 2013.

This is truly our last chance. With your help, though, December 16, 2007 will be a tremendous victory for Ron Paul and for liberty!

kill the banks
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
your message seems fine ... frankly i love your energy rob ... keep it simple to the point usually works best ... i think we have a million potential donation ron paul supporters and we must reach them somehow ... tea party links on everything you do and if you're on lists that like ron paul then send reminders , "don't spam ever", maybe in your signature

kill the banks

promagma
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I like what John wrote

On November 5th, $4.3 million was raised from individual Ron Paul supporters like you. This was the largest one-day fund raiser by a Republican in a primary race, and it earned us quite a bit of attention and respect. This December 16th, on the anniversary of America's very own Boston Tea Party, we supporters hope to raise $10 million for Ron Paul. If we accomplish this daunting task we will go down in history as the masterminds of the largest one-day political fund raiser ever. Without your donation, we will fail. With your donation, we might pull off the upset of the century, put Ron Paul in the White House, and restore liberty to every American.

Most of Ron Paul's Myspace friends are young people with < 2 minute attention spans.

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 06:06 PM
On November 5th, $4.3 million was raised from individual Ron Paul supporters like you. This was the largest one-day fund raiser by a Republican in a primary race, and it earned us quite a bit of attention and respect.

This December 16th, on the anniversary of America's very own Boston Tea Party, we supporters hope to raise $10 million for Ron Paul. If we accomplish this daunting task we will go down in history as the masterminds of the largest one-day political fund raiser ever.

Without your donation, we will fail. With your donation, we might pull off the upset of the century, put Ron Paul in the White House, and restore liberty to every American.

....Or something to that effect. Short, sweet, and easy to follow.

Awesome! Changed.

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Suggestion for some slight rewording after the graphic, to tighten it a bit and give it a little more "punch":

We need every last ounce of your effort on this one. When the Tea Party succeeds we will be the frontrunner in fundraising of ALL the political candidates, Republican or Democratic. The media attention will be stupendous and Ron Paul will finally have the means to run a major national campaign. This is essential because the primaries are only a few weeks away and only 30% of primary goers have even HEARD of Ron Paul. But this is good news! With Ron Paul already polling at almost 10%, this means that one-third of the people who have heard of him will be voting for him. Imagine how high his polling would reach if we can get the message to another 30%, 60% or 90% of likely primary voters!

Please tell all friends, family, and liberty-loving individuals that this is our last chance to restore America to its Constitutional foundation; to end the war, to stop corruption of our liberties and rights, and to make sure in 2008 your ballot isn't "Clinton or Giuliani". If you know people who haven't heard about Ron Paul, tell them about this amazing individual:

RonPaulIsHope.com

If they're a Democrat concerned about the war, point them to RonPaulIsPeace.com and note that even Clinton and Obama have refused to commit to be out of Iraq by 2013.

This is truly our last chance. With your help, though, December 16, 2007 will be a tremendous victory for Ron Paul and for liberty!

Changed! :D

Man from La Mancha
11-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Techno, Can you leave your link to your banner making pages in your signature with maybe a best made banner of the day.

Mark
11-20-2007, 08:28 PM
**Did you already see this?**
I did a proof, trying to keep everything original intact,
with a few minor alterations..

I'm so frustrated.

**The formatting's not so great**

Subject: OUR FRIEND RON PAUL'S BEST CHANCE

Body:

Hi fellow supporter! On November 5th, 2007, Ron Paul raised 4.3 million dollars,
the largest one-day fundraising amount by a Republican in a primary race.

On December 16th, the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party,
Ron Paul's grassroots supporters hope to raise 10 million dollars in one day,
which would be the largest one-day political fundraiser in history.

(Hillary Clinton holds the record at $6.1 million)

However, this will be harder to achieve without YOUR help.
Please Join us on December 16th, for the Tea Party 07:

http://www.therobert.org/rp/banners2/f/banner2_466_100.png (http://teaparty07.com/)
www.TeaParty07.com (http://teaparty07.com/)

Already, The Tea Party has more subscribers than November 5th!
If you can donate $100, please sign up so that we know where we stand.
If you're unable to give that much, please mark your calendar,
and remember to donate, as much as you can, on December 16th.

We need your, every single ounce of effort, on this one.
This will be Ron Paul's best chance to finally be recognized as a top-tier candidate.

When the Tea Party succeeds, he will be the frontrunner in fundraising
out of ALL of the political candidates, Republican, or, Democratic.
The media attention will be stupendous, and Ron Paul will finally have
the means to run a truly, national, campaign.

This donation drive is essential, because the primaries are only a few weeks away,
and only 30% of primary voters have even HEARD of Dr. Paul.
This is good news, because Ron Paul is already registering at almost 10%
in some major polls, meaning that one-third of the people who have, even,
heard of his name, will be VOTING for him!

Ron Paul needs the media exposure from having the largest fundraiser in history,
as well as the actual money, that it will bring in.

Please tell all of your friends, family, and other liberty-loving individuals,
that this is the BEST chance to restore America to it's Constitutional roots;
to end the war, to stop the corruption of our liberties and rights,
and to make sure, that, in 2008, your ballot isn't "Giuliani and Clinton".

If you know people who haven't heard about Ron Paul,
please tell them about this amazing individual:

RonPaulIsHope.com (http://ronpaulishope.com/)

If they're a Democrat concerned about the war, point them to RonPaulIsPeace.com,
and note that even Clinton and Obama,
have refused to commit to bring our troops out of Iraq by even 2013.

Dr. Ron Paul is truly our best chance. And with your help,
it won't be our "last" chance; it will be our first certainty.

TO VICTORY!

===

You are receiving this message because you are a friend of Ron Paul on MySpace.

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I like the idea! We need to spread the word about the Tea Party!

Mark
11-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Probably the most notable change I made is towards a more "positive"
subject line: using "BEST" instead of "LAST"

carrying the theme throughout the piece..

Benaiah
11-20-2007, 09:44 PM
bump

jenius
11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I believe the revisions that have been made are excellent. Unless someone has a completely different approach in mind, I don't see much that needs to be enhanced at this point. It is well-written. I think I even like the little "(Hillary Clinton holds the record at...)" line. :)

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I read it again. Even though I'm the author, I think it looks great. :D

Mark
11-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I read it again. Even though I'm the author, I think it looks great. :D
Maybe it's just me, it usually is :p

But I'm just not diggin' the "Last Chance" thing.

It's not our "last chance", and even if the Party bombed,
there'll be more chances, and it seems rather defeatist/negative
in attitude to me.

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 10:37 PM
It's not our "last chance", and even if the Party bombed,
there'll be more chances, and it seems rather defeatist/negative
in attitude to me.

It's just to get people to donate. If someone likes Ron Paul even a bit, they'll finally donate if they haven't if they know it's a last chance! :)

Mark
11-20-2007, 10:40 PM
It's just to get people to donate. If someone likes Ron Paul even a bit, they'll finally donate if they haven't if they know it's a last chance! :)

Or, they might just wait to see what happens,
and not waste their money on a lost cause?

I know I would, I don't have any money to waste,
and I certainly wouldn't spend it on a lost cause. :D

If I EVER thought this was a lost cause,
I'd STILL have the few hundred bucks I've given
that I REALLY need to pay next months rent with.

Mark
11-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I mean, I lost a LOT of sleep last messaging, and Brian said that
he thought that I sent out more than anyone.

I've got 35 new myspace accounts that I created to do it.

The changes I suggested WERE to increase donations too.
I wasn't just "whistling Dixie" in making them.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Tea party failure bad idea as I wass aying.

DONATE NOW
and later if you want

max
11-20-2007, 11:34 PM
keep it simple...

the teaparty website and video sells itself

Energy
11-20-2007, 11:37 PM
keep it simple...

the teaparty website and video sells itself

Need eLIB3RTY's Tea Party video as one of the first things they click on before going to teaparty07.com, it's powerful as a presell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8

Mark
11-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Tea party failure bad idea as I was saying.
DONATE NOW
and later if you want

The negativity is. I won't bring their name into this, but, a well respected
member of the forum agreed with me that one wants to avoid ANY negativity
in an ad.

Briefly:

Mark:
The subconscious is a powerful thing..
and you feed into the negative with such a phrase.

The Person:

Quoted for Truth.

Exactly.

The first rule of advertising is never
say ANYTHING negative or that implies doubt.

Mark is dead on.

~~~~~

I mean, the FIRST punctuation mistake wasn't even changed.

How often do you write:

Hi, Rob. Send Dr Paul money. It's his last chance.

There's no comma after "Hi".

You write"

Hi Rob,

not,

Hi, Rob

I basically spent over an hour of my valuable time to be dismissed
without even so much as a punctuation correction.

Because you were begging for some help.
I did the best I could, and you can't even correct a comma.

I'll remember that next time you need some help or a bump.

cac1963
11-20-2007, 11:46 PM
The Paul campaign attempted to debunk that Hillary $6.2 million in a single day claim during their press conference about Nov. 5, here (pdf) (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/11-6-2007-PressConferenceFlier.pdf). Where are the records that support the validity of the claim?

lastnymleft
11-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Rob - Is this part of the effort being put together by Brian/Gabe? Steps have been taken to make things even easier than last time, so you should definitely be working with them on this.

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Another way to grab attention without spending money is the National Canvassing Weekend idea- having as many Paul supporters canvass their neighborhoods on the weekend of December1st and 2nd- each Paul supporter hits 200 houses in their neighborhood. This is the anniversary of Rosa Parks refusing to giveup her seat on the bus and the anniversary of John Brown's hanging...lol. Also the anniversary of Enron declaring bankruptcy. If we can get 40,000 supporters out for a couple ofhours each during the weekend that'd be 8 million households reached and that many more possible contributors for the Tea Party. It doesn't have to be anything fancy- just going door-to-door and handing out Slim Jims.

By the time this is over,Glenn Beck and the NeoCons will have labeled Rosa Parks a terrorist....lol.

TechnoGuyRob
11-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Rob - Is this part of the effort being put together by Brian/Gabe? Steps have been taken to make things even easier than last time, so you should definitely be working with them on this.

Of course.