PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead Interview 11/12/12 - tube?

eleganz
11-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Wondering if anybody has caught the tube from last night's Doug Wead Interview with the Suriyahfish live stream crew. I heard it was pretty good but was out during the time.

If its not posted yet, could anybody who followed the stream give a summary of what was discussed?

Thanks

lx43
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Bump...I like to watch it too.

alucard13mmfmj
11-13-2012, 08:57 PM
havnt heard from mr wead in a while.

TheTyke
11-13-2012, 09:19 PM
I second this request... heard about it too late, and by the time I got to the stream, there was random other stuff going on ...

orenbus
11-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRwIdLMsjoI

TheTyke
11-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the video! Is this the same video as the Suriyafish stream was advertising?

I have been thinking for a long while that the liberty movement needs to find ways to prepare itself to fund true liberty candidates and initiatives. I'm not talking about the $10 donations here or there that we can barely afford (Those always inspired me and I've made many of them myself) - but the capability to have a several thousand people drop a max donation during the first day the candidate announces, or first moneybomb.

Though we funded Ron and Rand pretty well, even that hasn't been enough to truly compete with the special interests. For example, we funded Rand through the primary, but in the general election we didn't get him what he needed, so we had to rely on the Establishment funding - which we won't always have. And our local candidates receive barely any attention or funds and can be knocked out by a single hostile PAC or opponent.

So while I would normally find advertising annoying, and those systems probably aren't for me, I REALLY find Doug's idea of helping generate income for the liberty movement network appealing. I hope it and other ventures are similarly successful. Expanding our funding capabilities - whether it be dedicating, saving, or generating more - seems strategically indispensable to taking the liberty movement to the next step - not only funding a presidential candidate and defending Massie, Amash and Bentivolio from the inevitable attacks, but having the capital to elect even more to the House and Senate, and helping our local candidates win and become the support foundation down the road.

I hope we give serious thought to this aspect going forward... so kudos to Doug Wead for the ideas and experience.

Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRwIdLMsjoI