PDA

View Full Version : Beware False Ron Paul Republicans

DamianTV
11-13-2012, 06:19 AM
http://www.infowars.com/beware-false-ron-paul-republicans/

Ron Paul’s success in building a big, enthusiastic grassroots movement brings with it a serious problem: the potential for phony Ron Paul Republicans who seek to take advantage of it.

This was made clear to me when I read an interview in my neighborhood newspaper with a candidate for Congress who had appeared numerous times at local Ron Paul Meetup events posing as a Ron Paul Republican. He didn’t mention it to Ron Paul supporters, but he told the paper that "the surge is working." I see now that his website adds that "Americans prefer victory to defeat" and that "President Bush executed the war exactly the way it should be executed." In other words, the candidate who was happy to allow Ron Paul supporters to think he was one of them is, in fact, a John McCain Republican. (He also supports socializing the "legal industry" — a prospect I find particularly distasteful!).

More success will attract more characters like this, of course. Such is politics.

tod evans
11-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Charlatans.

CaptUSA
11-13-2012, 06:25 AM
More success will attract more characters like this, of course. Such is politics. Well, to be fair, we do want the establishment to take notice and court our vote.

However, they severely underestimate our research capabilities. When the fakes and phonies come around, we can smell them.

JK/SEA
11-13-2012, 07:46 AM
false Ron Paul Republicans?.....thanks..now you tell me. Where was this warning back a few months ago?......

burp.

wait...nvm....that Info wars article was from 08....my bad.

pcosmar
11-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Filed under,

Duh !

thoughtomator
11-13-2012, 08:44 AM
It's pretty darn easy to spot a false alleged Ron Paul supporter - those who get it aren't false, and those who don't can't fake it too well.

jmdrake
11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
false Ron Paul Republicans?.....thanks..now you tell me. Where was this warning back a few months ago?......

burp.

wait...nvm....that Info wars article was from 08....my bad.

True. But the problem will only get worse going forward. We already saw what happened with Ken Buck. After getting a pseudo-endorsement from the C4L in 2010, he repaid the kindness by leading the charge against marijuana decriminalization in 2012. And now the I keep hearing "Well so and so isn't that far removed from Rand Paul so why not support him?" I understand what Rand is doing. The danger is that some Ron Paul supporters might not be that discerning.