PDA

View Full Version : GOP insiders pick their 2016 candidate

RP Supporter
11-13-2012, 01:37 AM
http://www.nationaljournal.com/blogs/hotlineoncall/2012/11/insiders-look-to-florida-for-strongest-2016-gop-candidate-09

Republican insiders think Rubio is the strongest candidate, followed by Jeb Bush. Democrats think Bush would be the strongest. Rand Paul is dead last in both lists. :rolleyes:

I'm posting this to mainly show who the biggest opposition in 2016 will be. I can't imagine Bush will run, but the push for Rubio will be intense. They're going to try to "Romney" him. They'll portray him as the safe "sane" conservative who is electable

Also, Rand being dead last in a pool of insiders from both parties should show that the attempt to dismiss him as not a serious candiate has begun. It sohuld bechampioned by the campaign though. Makes a good slogan.

"Rand Paul 2016. The one the GOP insiders do not want."

Keith and stuff
11-13-2012, 03:04 AM
There is already another thread about this.

Anyway, Rand has a problem. The Tea Party is unpopular in the Northeast. It he wants to do as well as Ron did in the NH Primary, the VT Primary and the RI Primary, he should consider using the words tea party less and less over the next 4 years.

cindy25
11-13-2012, 05:53 AM
I doubt if it will be Rubio, but Jeb is possible.

Bush 43 was the only Republican nominee since 1968 not to have previously run in the primaries (except for Ford in 1976 who was the president)

Huck is also possible. and Huck would mean a Rubio VP

Victor Grey
11-13-2012, 06:05 AM
I worry about Rubio more than anyone.

Jeb's got that last name people don't like, and he's a bit of a liberal. Christie is large Romney, after New Hampshire he's likely to be ignored.

People need to get out how Rubio is a crook, and that before mid 2015. Use that credit card incident, and his flip flopping to get the general public against him.

Look folks, get a good look at his facebook page. He's popular. He needs to be addressed.

He is whose name is showing up on other forums right now.

If Rand wants to win, he needs to start courting New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina and Nevada, soon and thick.

He wins Iowa and NH in a row, people will catch on to any dismissive media bullcrap. From then on it's southern states. I believe he could win those with momentum.

Bet Santorum steps in again. Have to remind people social conservatism is general election suicide.

tod evans
11-13-2012, 06:07 AM
The GOP hierarchy must be disbanded, who do they represent?

Certainly not anyone I know.

DamianTV
11-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Hmm, Napolitano 2016?

CaptUSA
11-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Relax a little folks... 4 years is a long time.

You don't have to win the primary right now, you just have to make Rand an acceptable choice.

Personally, I'd like to have Rubio as the favorite going in to the primary. It won't be hard to demonstrate who he really is. When he falls, let Rand be the second choice. Jeb would be a little tougher, but 4 more years of blaming Bush is going to keep that name down.

Ron's problem is that when people began to drop off, they wouldn't look at him because he was unnacceptable to them. As long as Rand is an acceptable choice to the masses, we have the power to make him their final choice.

Dick Chaney
11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Walter B. Jones, Jr 2016.

cindy25
11-13-2012, 06:28 AM
I worry about Rubio more than anyone.

Jeb's got that last name people don't like, and he's a bit of a liberal. Christie is large Romney, after New Hampshire he's likely to be ignored.

People need to get out how Rubio is a crook, and that before mid 2015. Use that credit card incident, and his flip flopping to get the general public against him.

Look folks, get a good look at his facebook page. He's popular. He needs to be addressed.

He is whose name is showing up on other forums right now.

If Rand wants to win, he needs to start courting New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina and Nevada, soon and thick.

He wins Iowa and NH in a row, people will catch on to any dismissive media bullcrap. From then on it's southern states. I believe he could win those with momentum.

Bet Santorum steps in again. Have to remind people social conservatism is general election suicide.

I'd worry more about Huck than Santorum; Huck has a likable personality, and that counts a lot.

cindy25
11-13-2012, 06:30 AM
George P Bush, son of Jeb, is running for governor or senator from Texas in 2014

if he wins the Bush name is resurrected

Victor Grey
11-13-2012, 06:33 AM
I'd worry more about Huck than Santorum; Huck has a likable personality, and that counts a lot.

If he ran, I'd agree. Huckabee would be more concerning.

I wonder how that would play out if they both ran though. It'd be essentially splitting the social conservative vote.

I do know that in a primary, there's going to be a social conservative candidate, and that candidate will stay in the race for a while. The southern states where they would do well in coming later in the race.

It'd be bad news if they did well early.

fisharmor
11-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Rand Paul is dead last in both lists.

Don't worry, he's a brilliant politician. All it will take is a couple dozen more concessions over the next three years, and he's in like Flynn.

SilentBull
11-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Ugghh, and Republican voters once again will listen to these morons.

gwax23
11-13-2012, 10:40 AM
How can the gop even consider a Bush. Are they trying to loose another election? Rubio sure hes a threat but Jeb Bush? cmon no one will go for that.

Its as if they have no one left to throw against Rand....oh wait