PDA

View Full Version : Judge Napolitano 'What Were FBI Agents Doing Monitoring Petraeus' Private Emails'

Agorism
11-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Judge Napolitano 'What Were FBI Agents Doing Monitoring Petraeus' Private Emails'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih44m6Zrsws&feature=youtu.be

Anti Federalist
11-12-2012, 10:10 PM
GMTA - That was my first thought as well.

LibertyEagle
11-12-2012, 10:10 PM
The Judge looks like he's lost some weight. I wonder if he's on the Primal Diet like everyone else.

ghengis86
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
FBI hates CIA and vice versa. The infighting is reaching a crescendo.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
'What Were FBI Agents Doing Monitoring Petraeus' Private Emails'

Why should we believe psychopaths are telling us the truth about anything?

Looking at history, it would be the CIA monitoring FBI emails.

So my question would be: Why do these psychopaths want us to think that the FBI is keeping the CIA in check? And... why would any of you entertain this bullshit?

I could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure FBI versus CIA (infighting) winds up very poorly for the FBI. The CIA wrecks leaders of other countries. Any given FBI agent should be scared shitless of the CIA, and I don't think we should have reasons to think otherwise. Average Joe on the street might not know, but I expect the dumbest FBI agents to know.

UWDude
11-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Why should we believe psychopaths are telling us the truth about anything?

Looking at history, it would be the CIA monitoring FBI emails.

So my question would be: Why do these psychopaths want us to think that the FBI is keeping the CIA in check? And... why would any of you entertain this bullshit?

I could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure FBI versus CIA (infighting) winds up very poorly for the FBI. The CIA wrecks leaders of other countries. Any given FBI agent should be scared shitless of the CIA, and I don't think we should have reasons to think otherwise. Average Joe on the street might not know, but I expect the dumbest FBI agents to know.

Power is a funny thing, and the FBI has more power where it counts, in the United States. That is where the CIA operates out of.

I am not saying it is more powerful than the CIA, but I am saying I think your assumptions are a little simplistic.

Not to mention, both the CIA and FBI have their own infighting, as evidenced by John O'Neill.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-12-2012, 11:54 PM
I am not saying it is more powerful than the CIA, but I am saying I think your assumptions are a little simplistic.

I'll accept that. I'm pretty dumb and uninformed. But I will say that the CIA are clearly not very concerned with things like "jurisdiction." They operate worldwide. They don't even pretend to be concerned with jurisdiction. FBI is the same. Let the two of those have a real pissing match and I bet the CIA barely notices.

Feeding the Abscess
11-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Here's what some dude said elsewhere on the internets, and I can't find fault with it. Thus, I'm pasting it here:

I love the Judge, but he's mistaken in this case. They were provided emails sent to the woman had emails they investigated that turned out to originate from Paula Broadwell. Investigating those emails would lead to examining the emails in Broadwell's account. Those emails included those between her and Patreus.

They wouldn't have had to have a warrant to discover the affair. Once discovered, and given his sensitive position, they would have then had grounds to pursue the issue further.

Just to confirm my point. This is how they communicated and is why they wouldn't have discovered the affair by monitoring his email account.

"They wrote their “intimate messages” as draft e-mails in a shared Gmail account, according to the AP, allowing them to see one anothers’ messages while leaving a much fainter data trail. When messages are sent and received, both accounts record the transmission as well as such metadata as the IP addresses on either end, something the two seemed to be seeking to avoid.

Petraeus and Broadwell apparently used a trick, known to terrorists and teen-agers alike, to conceal their email traffic, one of the law enforcement officials said.

Rather than transmitting emails to the other’s inbox, they composed at least some messages and instead of transmitting them, left them in a draft folder or in an electronic “dropbox,” the official said. Then the other person could log onto the same account and read the draft emails there. This avoids creating an email trail that is easier to trace."

Feeding the Abscess
11-13-2012, 02:20 AM
For my own thoughts, I don't give half of a shit if Petraeus' "rights" were violated or not. The dude is a murderous scumbag of the highest order.

I am loving the reports about the NATO commander in Afghanistan getting wrapped up in all of this. May the shitstorm grow stronger!

UWDude
11-13-2012, 03:21 AM
I think this has to do with an interesting essay:
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/10/31/afghanistan-the-smell-of-defeat/

Basically the essay asserts that we have lost in Iraq and Afghanistan, because generals are not fired.

I don't agree with it, because I think defeat was always inevitable.

However, it is too much of a coincidence Obama is re-elected, then generals' heads start rolling. I think he is trying to shake them up, get fresh blood, and hope to pull off a miracle. A miracle that can not happen.

The US government and its puppet media may be able to hide its sinister and murderous face from the American people, but the rest of the world, and especially the middle east, doesn't need television to know American evil. They have suffered through it, and know from personal experience what arrogant, ignorant, bloodthirsty, callous, control freak douchebags Americans are.

Confederate
11-13-2012, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83BS0sCdWMg

Were warrantless wiretaps and searches done?

Brian4Liberty
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Once they start looking at an e-mail chain, they will be able to include anyone. They are starting to play "six degrees of separation" with e-mail accounts, and this can take them anywhere they want to go.

The top US commander in Afghanistan, Gen John Allen, is being investigated for allegedly sending "inappropriate emails" to a woman at the centre of a scandal which ended the career of CIA head David Petraeus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20308225

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64109000/gif/_64109160_petraeus624x581.gif

PatriotOne
11-13-2012, 11:11 AM
The Judge looks like he's lost some weight. I wonder if he's on the Primal Diet like everyone else.

Got a twitter account? Twitter him and ask. Sure looks like he's doing something different.

cindy25
11-13-2012, 11:24 AM
was it his personal e-mail (g-mail, safe-mail etc) or was it his govt paid for official e-mail?

Confederate
11-13-2012, 11:26 AM
was it his personal e-mail (g-mail, safe-mail etc) or was it his govt paid for official e-mail?

I know there was talk about his gmail. But even if it was his CIA email, the FBI has no authority to be going through that without a warrant.

CaptUSA
11-13-2012, 11:45 AM
This is way more complicated and disgusting than just invasion of emails...
Yeah, that sucks, too, but whoa! What a government clusterf**k!
Here's more: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?395555-Yet-another-twist...

dean.engelhardt
11-13-2012, 11:53 AM
If he was using a government owned computer, the government reserves the right to monitor all activities on it. There is a warning banner on each log-in. If he was stupid enough to use the government computer for personal email, then he's screwed. If he was using personal computer equipment, I could see no justifiaction for the FBI actions.

What get me is that the FBI did a search of the home of Broadwell's home. There has been no mention of a crime that was commited.

How does the federal government serve a warrant to search for email concerning a relationship between two consenting adults?

How much taxpayer money is being wasted to investigate this?

Brian4Liberty
11-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Once they start looking at an e-mail chain, they will be able to include anyone. They are starting to play "six degrees of separation" with e-mail accounts, and this can take them anywhere they want to go.

Prediction confirmed. This is now nothing more than a sick soap opera, and the Constitution be damned. There is no crime, there is no probable cause. This is just a fishing expedition for gossip. They will be able to connect anybody to this nonsense. Six degrees of separation or less include every person on the planet.

LibForestPaul
11-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Power is a funny thing, and the FBI has more power where it counts, in the United States. That is where the CIA operates out of.

Not to mention, both the CIA and FBI have their own infighting, as evidenced by John O'Neill.

The CIA writes its own checks. I don't think the FBI is self-funding yet.

Carson
11-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Does this really have anything to do with emails?

Or are we once again over here when we should be over there?

pochy1776
11-13-2012, 07:38 PM
He also sounds much better. Being fat clogs up your voice.

puppetmaster
11-13-2012, 08:09 PM
What was that neame of the new email and text encryption program? I was a thread not to long ago here

Dr.3D
11-13-2012, 08:16 PM
What was that neame of the new email and text encryption program? I was a thread not to long ago here
http://email.about.com/library/weekly/aa110199a.htm

puppetmaster
11-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Not that....thanks though. It was a new company that encrypts your cell phone texts and such....maybe voice also

UWDude
11-14-2012, 12:45 AM
yeah, it's a purge:

http://news.yahoo.com/general-demoted-lavish-travel-spending-035724315.html

John F Kennedy III
11-14-2012, 01:00 AM

I need to be.

Carson
11-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Maybe this is all coming out as a convenience. He isn't going to appear before Congress is what I was hearing.