PDA

View Full Version : Citizens in 20 States file for seccession.

Pauls' Revere
11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/secission-petitions-filed-20-states-190210006.html

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

Website to file:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

:D

Pauls' Revere
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Now ADD:

California and Nevada

Matt Collins
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Regarding the secession petitions floating around I have 2 thoughts about this -

1- Fundamentally WHY would you ask permission or petition the Feds to secede? That's silly, you don't ask them permission, you just do it. Rights don't require petitions or permission.

2- More practically, why would you want your name on a list at WhiteHouse.gov so that Obama and the Feds can know everyone's name who wants to "subvert" the US government?!

Please people, let's try and think this through a bit more.

WarAnonymous
11-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Regarding the secession petitions floating around I have 2 thoughts about this -

1- Fundamentally WHY would you ask permission or petition the Feds to secede? That's silly, you don't ask them permission, you just do it. Rights don't require petitions or permission.

2- More practically, why would you want your name on a list at WhiteHouse.gov so that Obama and the Feds can know everyone's name who wants to "subvert" the US government?!

This is my exact problem with the liberty movement. Not to say that what your saying is untrue but the fact is, I have more respect for the ones that don't care where their name is. These people have had it, some are no longer afraid of consequences and realize that talk is cheap. Until the people agree to rise together, nothing will come of it. It's easy to sit around and keep talking about doing something and never actually doing anything at all.

Matt Collins
11-13-2012, 12:10 AM
This is my exact problem with the liberty movement. Not to say that what your saying is untrue but the fact is, I have more respect for the ones that don't care where their name is. These people have had it, some are no longer afraid of consequences and realize that talk is cheap. Until the people agree to rise together, nothing will come of it. It's easy to sit around and keep talking about doing something and never actually doing anything at all.Signing a silly petition on the White House mailing list isn't "doing anything about it".

WarAnonymous
11-13-2012, 12:13 AM
neither is talking about something and doing nothing.

Matthew5
11-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Dear Tyrant,

Would you please allow me to have free will?

Sincerely,

A Citizen of your Empire

Dear Servant,

No.

Forcefully,

The Tyrant

Tod
11-13-2012, 12:22 AM
I had much the same thoughts as Matt (sheesh, that is scary! ;) )

And for those who think that these people who are signing a petition are doing something, what is the next step? Wait for permission?

"Mommmm! I'm going to run away from home!!!!".....gets to the end of the street and stops because his mom never gave permission to go beyond the end of the street.... (I think that sort of scenario was in a Calvin and Hobbes strip edit: or maybe a Peanuts strip)

SewrRatt
11-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

^ Collectivist idiocy

WarAnonymous
11-13-2012, 12:52 AM
I am not suggesting that this is doing something exactly but what is everyone elses next step? Sit and talk about changing things? I wasn't trying to start a fight and even said that his statements are true. Do I think this will do anything... No, but neither is sitting around talking about doing something but not doing anything. If people want to sign it, let them sign it. Why talk people out of wanting to be active, I would hope everyone understands the risks of signing something like that before signing it. I sure didn't mention that this was going to work or, that we should sit and wait for a "no" response. My only point was it would be nice if people or states were serious about bringing change, in whatever way that may be.

Tod
11-13-2012, 01:08 AM
I would think the first active step would be to stop sending the federal government money and stop accepting it from them (both as an individual and as a state).

Of course, if the state's citizens aren't going to support each other and have each other's back, then the odd tax evader will meet the same end as any other tax evader.

Would your county sheriff stand up to the feds alongside you if you didn't pay your federal taxes? I think it is safe to say mine wouldn't and so, being cowardly, I pay my taxes like a good little slave. :D :o

Tpoints
11-13-2012, 01:17 AM

this is why I never signed a whitehouse.gov petition, and never understood why anybody would (and I suspected that was why they promote it)

Matthew5
11-13-2012, 08:43 AM
I would think the first active step would be to stop sending the federal government money and stop accepting it from them (both as an individual and as a state).

Of course, if the state's citizens aren't going to support each other and have each other's back, then the odd tax evader will meet the same end as any other tax evader.

Would your county sheriff stand up to the feds alongside you if you didn't pay your federal taxes? I think it is safe to say mine wouldn't and so, being cowardly, I pay my taxes like a good little slave. :D :o

And that's one of the biggest problems we face. There's no protection for people opting out of the system. And it's impossible to opt out with taxes embedded in everything, from your loaf of bread to your paycheck.