PDA

View Full Version : Note from Trevor on TeaParty07.com

Wayne Hammond
11-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Note from Trevor, posted on www.TeaParty07.com:

Hello Ron Paul supporters,

Obviously there is a lot of confusion regarding what to do about today's request for funds from HQ. The forums and chat rooms are filled with differing opinions. The fact is there are pro's and con's to all courses of action.

It's important to realize first and foremost that we do not have to make any rash decisions today. When things like this happen it's always best to wait at least one day to sleep on it. Things are always clearer in the morning.

For the moment it's probably best to donate some money now if you can afford to donate today and on the 16th. In this way we don't have to change any plans and the campaign can get some money right away. Many are already taking this course of action.

But, if you are unsure about your finances or about what to do please hold off. Waiting just a few days isn't going to hurt anything. That being said please know that HQ's request for funds will be addressed. I'm sure there is a happy medium that will allow us maximum impact and consideration for all sides of the issue.

On a personal note I promise you I'll be doing my best to gather information and to weigh all sides of the issue before making a final recommendation. Of course, in the end there is no one who can dictate to you what you should do. You will ultimately make our own decision about what is best. I will simply do my best to present you with all sides of the argument to help you in that decision.

Again, there is no need to be stressed out or worried. There is a happy medium and I believe we will find it. If you are unsure of what to do, for now do nothing. I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Trevor Lyman

Richandler
11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Note from Trevor, posted on www.TeaParty07.com:

The campaign is saying what I've been saying all along. Ron needs the money now. The quicker you get money in the bank the quicker you can pay off your finances. It's common logic that if you pay off your credit card before the due date you will not have to pay interest.

Original_Intent
11-20-2007, 05:11 PM
The campaign is saying what I've been saying all along. Ron needs the money now. The quicker you get money in the bank the quicker you can pay off your finances. It's common logic that if you pay off your credit card before the due date you will not have to pay interest.

That is all well and good when you are paying off your mortgage. there are a lot of other factors here, such as the media impact of Dec 16th. Coming just a couple of weeks before the first primaries a big media day would do more than any amount of advertising, and certainly more than the difference that will be made with another million or so before the 16th.

Trevor's advice is good. Today has already been a good day and will probably end around a quarter million - with no notice - so that should appease HQ for a few days.

shepburn
11-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Today's email from the campaign changes nothing about the 16th. Period.

Donate now if you have it. Donate again if you've pledged to do so on the 16th.

I personally donated today and will again on the 16th (and no doubt many other times too).

bolidew
11-20-2007, 05:17 PM
RP's need should be the only concern.

I don't really care for any one else with regard to donation.

Drknows
11-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Tea party is still on like donkey kong!!!

I'm sure most of us can digg deeper on the 16th. Plus the USA today ad is promoting it and we have been advertising it non stop online.

6 million easy.

Paulite5112007
11-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Today's email from the campaign changes nothing about the 16th. Period.

Donate now if you have it. Donate again if you've pledged to do so on the 16th.

I personally donated today and will again on the 16th (and no doubt many other times too).

Thank you! I dont think the email said ANYTHING that would imply they do not want to get the publicity of a huge Tea Party Turnout. Just a reminder that donations need to keep coming if you can afford it.

ronpaulitician
11-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Trevor's response is exactly why this grassroots effort is having such an enormous effect on this race.

silverhandorder
11-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Personally I don't have funds at the moment but will have by the time Dec 16th comes around. More discussion less fighting/panicking.

Trigonx
11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Less bickering about when to donate the better, like most people have said donate on your terms not anyone else's. If you want to donate today go ahead, if you want to wait til the 16th go ahead, if you wanna donate next week go ahead. Lets not get worked up over this please :).

Wayne Hammond
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Tea party is still on like donkey kong!!!
I'm sure most of us can digg deeper on the 16th.

You-betcha! Like Trevor said, it's best to sleep on all this and keep focused on the primary mission. Send money if 'ya can now, but definitely don't give up on the 16th.

I got caught up in all the outrage over the email, but it's not the end of the world... grassroots is like the ENERGIZER BUNNY...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/Ebunny.jpg
GO RON PAUL!!

me3
11-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Trevor's been very level headed about this, if any would have a motivation to be upset, it would be him, but he's setting a great example for thinking things through and not over-reacting.