PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile since I posted....just wanted to say good bye

Intoxiklown
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM
In light of all that is happening, and going on, I am leaving the country in a couple of months. I know some will say I am being a coward, and you are right. But, I have a chance to get me and my children out as I was offered a great job in the Caribbian Islands (Dominican Republic to be precise).

Since it's a peso based economy, my family can live very well, and their government isn't trying to turn their nation into a prison camp. That, and the lack of military value of the islands pretty much keeps it off of other's radar.

I still maintain my citizenship, so will continue to donate financially to liberty movements, and help in any way I can. But I feel it is too dangerous to maintain physical residency here.

I hope the best for you and your's.

Doyce

Origanalist
11-12-2012, 12:10 PM
I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Best of luck to you.

But nothing is keeping you from checking in once in a while.......

CaptUSA
11-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Good luck! I can't say I'm not envious.

Please keep tabs on what we're doing here... Maybe we'll make it a place to come back to in a decade or two.

11-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Honestly, I'd probably take that offer as well. Good luck!

KCIndy
11-12-2012, 12:17 PM
I'll bet there's an internet connection somewhere in the Dominican Republic. Be sure to check in and let us know how things are going! It's always good to hear some news from the outside. Best of luck to you and your family!

donnay
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Best Wishes to you and your family.

You might want to watch this before you leave: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?395214-Strategic-Relocation&p=4724849#post4724849

PatriotOne
11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Dang....look what someone can buy for 137k in the DR :eek:. Jealous! Good luck.

http://www.coralbayrealestate.com/Property/Attractive-two-bedroom-house-1245.html

Odin
11-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I will have the same debate with myself once I finish school in June. Go to South Africa or Vietnam where I have friends/family, or wait here for the dollar crash if it hasn't happened already. If I leave I will come back within a few years though. I would really like to get in politics and get the right people elected, which I'll admit I haven't been doing.

Intoxiklown
11-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Dang....look what someone can buy for 137k in the DR :eek:. Jealous! Good luck.

http://www.coralbayrealestate.com/Property/Attractive-two-bedroom-house-1245.html

Yeah, there are some incredible properties. My plan is to rent for a couple of years, and then buy. I can rent a two story 2500 square foot house with three bedrooms, and two and a half baths for around $300 USD. I'm also going to look at just building. The average income there is USD $400 monthly, so my salary would be like me making close to USD $400k a year here. But what I love is how free they are. As long as you're not hurting someone, they really don't care what you do. And admittedly, they treat Americans very well, as they want you to stay and spend money. I'm most excited about moving my mother there, as she can sit on the beach (it is summer year round there), and she can enjoy life. A live in maid costs roughly USD $250 monthly, which is why pretty much every house you see has servant quarters. So, this will allow my mother to do nothing but enjoy life.

PatriotOne
11-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Yeah, there are some incredible properties. My plan is to rent for a couple of years, and then buy. I can rent a two story 2500 square foot house with three bedrooms, and two and a half baths for around $300 USD. I'm also going to look at just building. The average income there is USD $400 monthly, so my salary would be like me making close to USD $400k a year here. But what I love is how free they are. As long as you're not hurting someone, they really don't care what you do. And admittedly, they treat Americans very well, as they want you to stay and spend money. I'm most excited about moving my mother there, as she can sit on the beach (it is summer year round there), and she can enjoy life. A live in maid costs roughly USD $250 monthly, which is why pretty much every house you see has servant quarters. So, this will allow my mother to do nothing but enjoy life.

Whoa! Have you already visited there? Does the population speak English in abundance? You have peaked my interest as I myself occasionally entertain the idea of moving out of country and look for cheap property by cruising real estate sites.

Do you know of a website where I can get more info from people already living abroad there. Things like transporation, utilities, food costs, taxes, etc.?

$300 a month! Dayum.....I could die there and never have to work another day in my life right now :D. Retirement here I come! Can I rent out one of your bedrooms while I look around :D?

opal
11-12-2012, 01:56 PM
is that company doing any more hireing?

oh.. and what of hurricane prep.. got generators all lined up?

Intoxiklown
11-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Whoa! Have you already visited there? Does the population speak English in abundance? You have peaked my interest as I myself occasionally entertain the idea of moving out of country and look for cheap property by cruising real estate sites.

Do you know of a website where I can get more info from people already living abroad there. Things like transporation, utilities, food costs, taxes, etc.?

$300 a month! Dayum.....I could die there and never have to work another day in my life right now :D. Retirement here I come! Can I rent out one of your bedrooms while I look around :D?

I flew down this past month to meet with some people regarding my employment there, and am flying back down the second week in December to finalize some paperwork. But I also have a childhood friend who is involved in a few deals with them that is responsible for putting my name in their ears for what they are looking for. The company has two main products they are manufacturing. One is a cutting torch that runs off of water. They perfected the technology, as the system has always suffered loss of current issues, and heat build up within the unit itself. They are selling the crap out of them in Europe and South America. The main thing is a component you can attach to an existing engine, and it cuts carbon emissions by as much as 25%. With all the government mandating regarding carbon emissions world wide, this product allows car manufacturers and generators to meet these requirements, without completely redesigning them. Ecuador and the Dominican Republic have already mandated all diesel engines have this component by 2016, and they are in talks with Russia right now.

As far as the DR's set up, their government is very much like our's in structure. I'm still learning, but individual tax seems cap at 25% around RD$71,132 plus 25% of income above RD$773,124.01 ($19,464.351 USD).

http://www.drlawyer.com/publications/dominican-republic-tax.html

Captain Shays
11-12-2012, 02:31 PM
I wish you the best down there. If I could move I might head to Panama but we don't have the money right now. So I gave you some parting REPS as a send off.

God bless you and your family

satchelmcqueen
11-12-2012, 03:29 PM
go for it. if i could leave this country with my family with me i would in a heartbeat.

NewFederalist
11-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I hear Belize is nice plus they speak English.

BSU kid
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Yes Belize would be my first choice if I wanted to bug out somewhere, I am content living in the U.S. although I would prefer to be in a more rural area.

dannno
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Well I'm jealous.

http://www.globalsurfers.com/uploads/20090821_3237.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjItF98ikVbzTP15SLJ4SxfOumIhSg3 PFeZOul-EEg5g--43ejSP5La2DXXA

twomp
11-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Good Luck and best of luck to you and your family.

I hope we succeed and make this beautiful country of ours a suitable place for your grandchildren to group up in someday.

HOLLYWOOD
11-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Wish yah the best... Say Hi to US Senator Menedez' hookers in La Romana and Congressman Charlie Rangel's brothel, ole Chucko was running there in Punta Cana... TAX FREE
In light of all that is happening, and going on, I am leaving the country in a couple of months. I know some will say I am being a coward, and you are right. But, I have a chance to get me and my children out as I was offered a great job in the Caribbean Islands (Dominican Republic to be precise). Doyce

fr33
11-13-2012, 06:08 PM
It looks like an awesome part of the globe.

nobody's_hero
11-14-2012, 03:22 AM
Good luck. We'll try to keep our government from invading you.

idiom
11-14-2012, 03:47 AM
You may not have gone far enough. The States may be coming to you soon.

rodo1776
11-14-2012, 07:44 AM
congrats!! I made the move out years ago and am happily inserted in Costa Rica where we have no military and many other great advantages.

Making the transition may be frustrating at first but just learn to go with the flow and you can learn cool ways to look at things from the locals. Not to mention all the financial benefits.

And you can still help the revolution. I worked at home in 08 helping others learn the caucus process since I had experience in it before. Lots of ways to help without being in the USA.

One big tip is to be sure to learn Spanish. You may be mostly hanging around other ex pats and not concentrate on the language. Learn it as fast as you can. Or hopefully you already speak it.

And you should be able to qualify for a passport after a certian number of years. My new passport should be ready by the end of the year.

Buena Suerte

Athan
11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
In light of all that is happening, and going on, I am leaving the country in a couple of months. I know some will say I am being a coward, and you are right. But, I have a chance to get me and my children out as I was offered a great job in the Caribbian Islands (Dominican Republic to be precise).

Since it's a peso based economy, my family can live very well, and their government isn't trying to turn their nation into a prison camp. That, and the lack of military value of the islands pretty much keeps it off of other's radar.

I still maintain my citizenship, so will continue to donate financially to liberty movements, and help in any way I can. But I feel it is too dangerous to maintain physical residency here.

I hope the best for you and your's.

Doyce
The Caribbian? To hell with that I would take that job!

Okie RP fan
11-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Best of luck to you.

And I know you will be busy, but, please, once you get Internet, feel free to bombard comment boards with facts and eye openers for people to see.
We need as many people as possible!

ChristianAnarchist
11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
The IRS is my lifelong nemesis but I want to warn you about all the new BS laws about expats reporting ALL bank accounts and income no matter how small. Some people living overseas have been put in a situation where it's easier to renounce citizenship instead of comply with the ever increasing burdens...

That said, I wish I were joining you... rats from a sinking ship and all that... (smart rats)