PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Governor Jan Brewer Not a Fan of the Electoral College

Lucille
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I can't wait to be rid of that horrid old neo-Trot hag. Her fair weather federalism is bad enough, now she comes out as a fan of direct democracy (which she's confused about too, since she's trying to kill the medical mj bill AZ citizens voted for).

I've been getting emails from the county GOP, asking me to write to her and urge her to not set up the exchange for Barry's Big Fascist Medical System. They're dreaming if they think she won't!

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer Not a Fan of the Electoral College
http://reason.com/24-7/2012/11/12/arizona-governor-jan-brewer-not-a-fan-of

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, said late last week that we should scrap the the electoral college.

“[I]’s pretty disappointing when you think that just a few states really determine who’s been elected president,” she said Friday. “And they get all the attention.”

Brewer said the 2000 election, in which Republican George W. Bush won the electoral college but not the popular vote, didn’t change her mind.

CaptUSA
11-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Phoenix is the 6th most populated city, so I guess I can see why she wants this. They may visit her state a couple of times.

But remember, if this were to ever happen, politicians would ONLY visit cities. The term "battleground state" would go away, but "battleground cities" would blossom.

Oh, and all those people in NY, LA, and Chicago that don't bother to vote because they already know their state is going blue... Well yeah, Jan, they'll all start voting against you.

Lucille
11-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Phoenix is the 6th most populated city, so I guess I can see why she wants this. They may visit her state a couple of times.

But remember, if this were to ever happen, politicians would ONLY visit cities. The term "battleground state" would go away, but "battleground cities" would blossom.

Oh, and all those people in NY, LA, and Chicago that don't bother to vote because they already know their state is going blue... Well yeah, Jan, they'll all start voting against you.

Yup. She has GOT to be the dumbest Governor in the country. Quite possibly in the history of the republic!

It killed me after she signed SB 1070, how so many conservatives were calling for her to be whoever's VP. They have no idea what a big govt hack she is. All they cared about was that she was going after the Messicans.

CaptainAmerica
11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't know if it means Brewer supports direct democracy according to her statements in the article, many people are disgusted that a few states do select the president.

CaptainAmerica
11-12-2012, 01:03 PM
She does kind of have a point about a few states making the decision. This is where I would have to say the "U.S." is too big and should have split into different republics a long time ago.Electoral college is the best thing we can have currently and I doubt that will change for the better

Lucille
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
I agree on how it's too big, CA. Bust it up!

"Whenever something is wrong, something is too big."
--Leopold Kohr (http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer231.html)

Kohr tells us that "only relatively small bodies – though not the smallest, as we shall see – have stability. . . .Beyond a certain size, everything collapses or explodes." He adds that "the instability of the too large . . . is a destructive one. Instead of being stabilized by growth, its instability is emphasized by it." [Emphasis in original.] An economist of Austrian birth, and with a strong anarchist bent, Kohr was a great influence on E.F. Schumacher, best known for his book, Small Is Beautiful.

Leopold Kohr & the Crisis of Bigness
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/104123.html

Tom Woods (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/85465.html): Whatever happened to "small is beautiful," Rachel? Remember that progressive slogan (along with "question authority," yet another such slogan to bite the dust)? Some 309 million people being infallibly ruled by one city is just the right size? This is the most humane way for human beings to live and interact with each other?

heavenlyboy34
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Yup. She has GOT to be the dumbest Governor in the country. Quite possibly in the history of the republic!

It killed me after she signed SB 1070, how so many conservatives were calling for her to be whoever's VP. They have no idea what a big govt hack she is. All they cared about was that she was going after the Messicans.

The last decent governor was Symington IMHO. It's been all downhill since then. :(

Adrock
11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
I hope there is someone decent running in 2014.