PDA

View Full Version : Let's list all the potential candidates for President in 2016

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I thought it would be interesting to compile all list of all possible candidates for President in 2016. Please include what party and why you think they should be on the list. For instance I think Al Gore (D) should be on the list because he may be able to be painted as an anti or post Obama Democrat option. So feel free to include anyone, no matter how remote the odds, as long as you do legitimately think it is possible.

Democrat: Tier 1
Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden
Andrew Cuomo
Deval Patrick
Martin O'Malley
Tim Kaine

Democrat: Tier 2
Julian Castro
Mark Warner
Kirsten Gillabrand
Evan Bayh
Amy Klobuchar
Antonio Villaraigosa
Brian Schweitzer
Debbie Schultz
Cory Booker
Jay Nixon

Democrat: Tier 3
John Hickenlooper
Rahm Emanuel
Joe Manchin
Dennis Kucinich
Al Gore
Jack Markell
Ed Rendell

Republican: Tier 1
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Paul Ryan
Jeb Bush
Chris Christie
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum

Republican: Tier 2
Jon Huntsman Jr
Condoleezza Rice
Mike Pence
Scott Walker
Susana Martinez
Eric Cantor
Bob McDonnell
Sarah Palin
Jim DeMint
Mike Huckabee

Republican: Tier 3
Rick Perry
Nikky Haley
John Kasich
Michele Bachmann
Mitch Daniels
Rob Portman
Tim Scott
Brian Sandoval
Kelly Ayotte

Libertarian:
Gary Johnson

Green:
Jill Stein

Other:
Andrew Napolitano
Vermin Supreme
Jessie Ventura
Michael Bloomberg
Herman Cain
Virgil Goode
Jeff Boss
Jimmy McMillan

This thread is meant to be fluid between now and 2016. I'm giving slight bumps to 2nd/3rd Tier candidates that could be VP picks, could be put in play and catch on because there seems to be alot of fanfair about minorities at least being the VP picks or because somebody (like Huckabee, Ayotte) can step into a primary and take a state from Rand.

libertyfanatic
11-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Rand Paul

Carehn
11-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Frothy

RonPaul25
11-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Rand Paul

+1

Cabal
11-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Sith Overlords.

tommy949
11-11-2012, 03:31 PM
the mexican/latino ones

Uriah
11-11-2012, 03:38 PM
I've been keeping track of most media mentions of potential Republican presidential candidates. The list I've compiled is below. I posted this in another thread too. They are all Republican. Of course, most of them probably won't run and most don't have any good chance of winning.

Jeb Bush
Paul Ryan
Chris Christie
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Scott Walker
Jim DeMint
Rick Perry
Bob McDonnel
Bobby Jindal
John Kasich
Nikki Haley
Sam Graves
Susana Martinez
Rob Portman
Mitch Daniels
Gary Johnson
Rand Paul

mz10
11-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Sith Overlords.

Nah, I don't see Rahm Emanuel running.

compromise
11-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I've been keeping track of most media mentions of potential Republican presidential candidates. The list I've compiled is below. I posted this in another thread too. They are all Republican. Of course, most of them probably won't run and most don't have any good chance of winning.

Jeb Bush
Paul Ryan
Chris Christie
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Scott Walker
Jim DeMint
Rick Perry
Bob McDonnel
Bobby Jindal
John Kasich
Nikki Haley
Sam Graves
Susana Martinez
Rob Portman
Mitch Daniels
Gary Johnson
Rand Paul

Nice list, but there are a couple of people on that list that won't run if another person runs. For example, Bush won't run if Rubio does and vice-versa. DeMint won't run if Paul does and Paul almost certainly will, DeMint seems to have no interest in the presidency.

I think the problem with media rumors is that they usually discount former politicians.
I mean, take a look at the 2012 field:
- Former Governor Mitt Romney
- Former Governor Gary Johnson
- Former Governor John Huntsman
- Former US Representative and Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich
- Former Governor Tim Pawlenty
- Former Governor Buddy Roemer
- Former Senator Rick Santorum

Romney was the only predictable one because he ran in 2008. I imagine that's why Santorum is on your list.

So I wouldn't be surprised if some former politician we all forgot about somehow reappears come primary season.

PreDeadMan
11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
VERMIN SUPREME

RonZeplin
11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Mitch Daniels
Rosanne Barr
Andrew Naplolitano
Rand Paul
Meghan McCain
George P. Bush
Chris Christie
Nikki Haley
Bobby Jindal
Gary Johnson
Donald Trump
Frank Luntz
Ted Nugent

oyarde
11-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Jindal , Rubio , Rand , Ryan , Bachman , Biden , H Clinton , Trump, Jeb , Satan , Muslim Brotherhood , Trumpka, Willie Wonka, Oprah, the Seven Dwarves......

Uriah
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Nice list, but there are a couple of people on that list that won't run if another person runs. For example, Bush won't run if Rubio does and vice-versa. DeMint won't run if Paul does and Paul almost certainly will, DeMint seems to have no interest in the presidency.

I think the problem with media rumors is that they usually discount former politicians.
I mean, take a look at the 2012 field:
- Former Governor Mitt Romney
- Former Governor Gary Johnson
- Former Governor John Huntsman
- Former US Representative and Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich
- Former Governor Tim Pawlenty
- Former Governor Buddy Roemer
- Former Senator Rick Santorum

Romney was the only predictable one because he ran in 2008. I imagine that's why Santorum is on your list.

So I wouldn't be surprised if some former politician we all forgot about somehow reappears come primary season.

You are probably right about Rubio/Bush DeMint/Paul. I'm wondering if someone like Steve King from Iowa would run for president. It would make it impossible to win the Iowa caucus. And put pressure on winning New Hampshire.

Smart3
11-11-2012, 07:35 PM
It's impossible to guess the candidates at this point. We were pretty damn certain Huckabee, Palin and Barbour would be in the 2012 race. (By we, I mean politicos)

I think Corbett might be in the running. The R's want to change the map now that they can't win Blue VA/CO

Origanalist
11-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Dick Chaney.

RickyJ
11-11-2012, 07:46 PM
I can't believe no one has said Jesse Ventura yet.

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2012, 07:48 PM
VERMIN SUPREMEFTW!! I wants me a free pony! I wish JFK3 could run in 2016, though. He'd have the neckbeard and geek vote locked up for sure. The rest would come with time. :D

Rocco
11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I'll make a list, based off Uriah's, and put them in tiers based on a combo of likelyhood and "top tier" potential. Now, the tiers are based on who may run so each tier will have many more potential candidates then actual contenders, but this is how I see it:

Tier 1:
Jeb Bush
Paul Ryan
Chris Christie
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Scott Walker

Tier 2:
Rick Santorum
Sarah Palin
Rick Perry
Bob McDonnel
Bobby Jindal

Tier 3:
John Kasich
Nikki Haley
Sam Graves
Sam Brownback
Ken Cucinelli
Susana Martinez
Rob Portman
Mitch Daniels

supermario21
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Obama's running for a 3rd term.

rpfocus
11-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I think Christie, Paul, and Rubio are the only ones with any real potential for a 2016 run. However, if Hillary Clinton runs against them, none of them have a chance.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM

He's enjoying life down in Mexico.

cindy25
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I think Christie, Paul, and Rubio are the only ones with any real potential for a 2016 run. However, if Hillary Clinton runs against them, none of them have a chance.

3 wins in a row for any party are rare ; only Bush 41 in 1988 did it post WWII, so the Republican is the favorite

Hillary is white, and no way would get black turn out the way Obama did

the GOP VP will be a minority, probably Hispanic, unless Rubio is the nominee.

PaleoPaul
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
3 wins in a row for any party are rare ; only Bush 41 in 1988 did it post WWII, so the Republican is the favorite

Blacks typically vote 90%+ Democrat, so that's not quite a true statement

cindy25
11-11-2012, 10:37 PM

his time has past; no one will take him seriously, with shows about lizard people.

cindy25
11-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Blacks typically vote 90%+ Democrat, so that's not quite a true statement

Hillary would get the percentage, but not the turnout numbers or enthusiasm (unless the GOP has a black VP)

RickyJ
11-11-2012, 11:04 PM
his time has past; no one will take him seriously, with shows about lizard people.

That is called entertainment. He never said he believed in lizard people, just that other people did.

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Updating OP

Need more Democrats and third party!

Sola_Fide
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM

You think so? Hmmm. I am thinking post-Obama, Democrats would choose a more conservative Democrat than Hillary.

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2012, 11:23 PM
What are your thoughts on George P Bush for 2016?

Sola_Fide
11-11-2012, 11:27 PM

I'd take Hillary.

supermario21
11-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Expect George P to get his feet wet in state office for a few years. Would be funny to see him and his dad both run LOL.

oyarde
11-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Conservative Democrats? There, is , like one of those remaining , in Georgia somewhere , species,extinct.Dems are stuck with Biden Or Hillary unless they want to go get Bayh or something , whoever runs, should lose , based on economic factors alone by that time, I doubt there will even be a serious third party candidate.

BSU kid
11-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Republicans:
*Rand Paul
*Santorum
*Rubio
*Haley Barbour
*Tim Scott

Democrats:
*Biden
*Clinton
*Powell
*Richardson

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 01:10 AM
It's impossible to guess the candidates at this point. We were pretty damn certain Huckabee, Palin and Barbour would be in the 2012 race. (By we, I mean politicos)

I think Corbett might be in the running. The R's want to change the map now that they can't win Blue VA/CO

Who is Corbett?

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 01:16 AM
I'd take Hillary.

Do you think he would run? Can he get the GOP nomination? I didn't even know he existed until yesterday :p

tangent4ronpaul
11-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Ron Paul
Dennis Kucinich
Micky Mouse
Big Bird
Justen Bieber

-t

papitosabe
11-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Clint Eastwood
Oprah
Louis Farakhan

RickyJ
11-12-2012, 04:39 AM
Here's one that I don't think has been mentioned and wouldn't be a bad one at all, Paul Craig Roberts.

Philhelm
11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I truly fear a Hillary Clinton run. I've encountered many people who said that they would vote for her simply because she is a woman.

Let us pray. Thomas Jefferson, please strike down Hillary Clinton with righteous pestilence so that she may not further destroy this Republic. In your name, amen.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Jeff Boss lol

rpfocus
11-12-2012, 10:49 AM

I think you might be underestimating the popularity of the Clintons among the black population.

rpfocus
11-12-2012, 11:01 AM
You think so? Hmmm. I am thinking post-Obama, Democrats would choose a more conservative Democrat than Hillary.

Dems are already begging Hillary to run. I don't think Biden would stand a chance against her. I also believe she could siphon a good amount of conservative vote with the 'first woman president' angle. I can't see her losing if she runs. I belive her when she says she isn't going to run though, as she'll be getting up there in years. However, she may just be recharging her batteries for the next four years.

CaptUSA
11-12-2012, 11:50 AM
I belive her when she says she isn't going to run though, as she'll be getting up there in years. If I've learned anything over the last 20 years or so, it's never believe anything a Clinton says. Every single word, every event, every position is a political calculation. Bill wouldn't have been so active this season if they didn't have something up their sleeves.

Odin
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
If I've learned anything over the last 20 years or so, it's never believe anything a Clinton says. Every single word, every event, every position is a political calculation. Bill wouldn't have been so active this season if they didn't have something up their sleeves.

To be fair, I think you can learn that in 5 minutes just listening to them. :D

surf
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/politics-and-election/us-presidential-election-2016/winner

you'll get about 3x the value on Rand relative to Romney....

odds favor a legacy matchup... won't be long before all our presidential candidates all have big inbred ears like the british

rpfocus
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
I truly fear a Hillary Clinton run. I've encountered many people who said that they would vote for her simply because she is a woman.

As have I. But while she might have wanted to spend her 60's as president, I don't think she'll want to spend her 70's as president. Which leaves Biden as a candidate that could be beaten by Christie, especially with Rubio on the ticket. I'm sure I'll be writing in Ron Paul again in any event even though he wont be running. I'm not sure I can get behind Rand Paul just yet.

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM

Let us pray. Thomas Jefferson, please strike down Hillary Clinton with righteous pestilence so that she may not further destroy this Republic. In your name, amen.

Amen.

http://childplay.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/star-wars-palpatine_l.jpg

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Michael Bloomberg?

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Dems are already begging Hillary to run. I don't think Biden would stand a chance against her. I also believe she could siphon a good amount of conservative vote with the 'first woman president' angle. I can't see her losing if she runs. I belive her when she says she isn't going to run though, as she'll be getting up there in years. However, she may just be recharging her batteries for the next four years.

You don't think any Republican could beat her?

rpfocus
11-12-2012, 01:43 PM
You don't think any Republican could beat her?

Honestly, the only ticket I could see giving her a pause would be Christie/Rubio.

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 01:47 PM
If I've learned anything over the last 20 years or so, it's never believe anything a Clinton says. Every single word, every event, every position is a political calculation. Bill wouldn't have been so active this season if they didn't have something up their sleeves.

Lol yep.

I heard once that Hillary is going to get promoted to President of the World Bank. Why do I still find these things interesting? I KNOW IT'S A PUPPET SHOW!

Uriah
11-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I'll make a list, based off Uriah's, and put them in tiers based on a combo of likelyhood and "top tier" potential. Now, the tiers are based on who may run so each tier will have many more potential candidates then actual contenders, but this is how I see it:

Tier 1:
Jeb Bush
Paul Ryan
Chris Christie
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Scott Walker

Tier 2:
Rick Santorum
Sarah Palin
Rick Perry
Bob McDonnel
Bobby Jindal

Tier 3:
John Kasich
Nikki Haley
Sam Graves
Sam Brownback
Ken Cucinelli
Susana Martinez
Rob Portman
Mitch Daniels

I made a tier list that looks similar to yours. I didn't feel like posting it and seem too presumptuous. Glad someone else was thinking along the same lines though.

Updating OP

Need more Democrats and third party!

Democrats
Martin O'Malley--Governor of Maryland
Julian Castro--Mayor of San Antonio
Andrew Cuomo--Governor of New York
Deval Partick--Governor of Massachusetts
Mark Warner--Senator of Virginia
Amy Klobuchar--Senator of Minnesota
Kristen Gillabrand--Senator of New York
Antonio Villaraigosa--Mayor of Los Angeles

MelissaWV
11-12-2012, 03:52 PM
No one listed themselves?

Uriah
11-12-2012, 04:32 PM
No one listed themselves?

Other:
Themselves

BSU kid
11-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Rand will essentially make it impossible for Frothy to win anything imo.

Smart3
11-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Who is Corbett?
Governor of Pennsylvania:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Corbett

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM
As have I. But while she might have wanted to spend her 60's as president, I don't think she'll want to spend her 70's as president. Which leaves Biden as a candidate that could be beaten by Christie, especially with Rubio on the ticket. I'm sure I'll be writing in Ron Paul again in any event even though he wont be running. I'm not sure I can get behind Rand Paul just yet.

Rand is better than anyone listed so far. IMO.

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Honestly, the only ticket I could see giving her a pause would be Christie/Rubio.

I don't expect Christie to have much support.

CaptLouAlbano
11-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Did anyone mention Ed Rendell for the Dems?

CaptLouAlbano
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't expect Christie to have much support.

I don't either. That photo-op with Obama pissed off a lot of Repubs. I know here among my crowd his popularity crashed.

Origanalist
11-12-2012, 04:59 PM

"Christie/Rubio" Same ol' same ol'. Not going anywhere.

Origanalist
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Did anyone mention Ed Rendell for the Dems?

Fast Eddie? He would make a perfect dem candidate.

BSU kid
11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm telling you, the big four republicans are Rand, Frothy, Rubio and Tim Scott. I fully expect these 4 to run, and to win loyal support bases. Nikki Haley will fade just as Bachmann did, and you will be left with the four I mentioned.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Ventura/Jones 2016!!!

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I made a tier list that looks similar to yours. I didn't feel like posting it and seem too presumptuous. Glad someone else was thinking along the same lines though.

Democrats
Martin O'Malley--Governor of Maryland
Julian Castro--Mayor of San Antonio
Andrew Cuomo--Governor of New York
Deval Partick--Governor of Massachusetts
Mark Warner--Senator of Virginia
Amy Klobuchar--Senator of Minnesota
Kristen Gillabrand--Senator of New York
Antonio Villaraigosa--Mayor of Los Angeles

Thanks. I have some research to do :)

trey4sports
11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Cuomo will beat Biden and Hillary on the left. It will be cuomo vs Paul.

Uriah
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm telling you, the big four republicans are Rand, Frothy, Rubio and Tim Scott. I fully expect these 4 to run, and to win loyal support bases. Nikki Haley will fade just as Bachmann did, and you will be left with the four I mentioned.

The first 3 are all likely. Tim Scott from South Carolina? I've never heard of him until mentioned in this thread. I don't see it. I'll have to read up on him. I think it is unlikely Haley will run as well.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Michael Bloomberg?

The ticket of Doom:

Bloomberg/Lieberman

Brett85
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Colin Powell isn't a Democrat.

RPfan1992
11-12-2012, 05:58 PM
The Democrats might choose Governor Schweitzer of Montana, and the Republicans might pick Mitch Daniels or Bob McDonnell.

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 06:39 PM

Do you see any of them winning? It seems Rubio is not a natural born citizen. They could use George P. Bush as his back up.

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Ventura/Jones 2016!!!

Walter or Alex? :)

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Cuomo will beat Biden and Hillary on the left. It will be cuomo vs Paul.

Cuomo will beat Hillary?

11-12-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm almost sure John Huntsman is going to make another go of it. His last run was just a get your name out there trial balloon and he did well in NH.

11-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Rand will essentially make it impossible for Frothy to win anything imo.

Honestly I think Santorum could beat Rand in IA, I'm hoping he sticks to his consultant paycheck.

Do you see any of them winning? It seems Rubio is not a natural born citizen. They could use George P. Bush as his back up.

Rubio's parents were not citizens when he was born, but he was born in Miami. It will be another birther mess if he runs. George P Bush would be awfully young and politically inexperienced, I don't see that.

Uriah
11-12-2012, 07:00 PM
George P Bush currently has not held elected office. The presidential election is 4 years from now. Realistically, I have to say he won't run. If he did, even with his last name, Republicans would prefer someone with real experience. Jeb Bush would be a better pick. G P Bush has filed to run for state office in Texas; no one knows for what office though.

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm almost sure John Huntsman is going to make another go of it. His last run was just a get your name out there trial balloon and he did well in NH.

Any other GOP from this go round?

GeorgiaAvenger
11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I thought it would be interesting to compile all list of all possible candidates for President in 2016. Please include what party and why you think they should be on the list. For instance I think Al Gore (D) should be on the list because he may be able to be painted as an anti or post Obama Democrat option. So feel free to include anyone, no matter how remote the odds, as long as you do legitimately think it is possible.

List:

Democrat:

Vermin Supreme
Al Gore
Hillary Clinton
Chelsea Clinton
Joe Biden
Michelle Obama
Bill Richardson
Martin O'Malley
Julian Castro
Amy Klobuchar
Andrew Cuomo
Mark Warner
Deval Patrick
Kirsten Gillabrand
Antonio Villaraigosa
Ed Rendell
Brian Schweitzer

Republican:

Rand Paul
Rick Santorum
Jeb Bush
Paul Ryan
Chris Christie
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Scott Walker
Jim DeMint
Rick Perry
Bob McDonnell
Bobby Jindal
John Kasich
Nikki Haley
Sam Graves
Susana Martinez
Rob Portman
Mitch Daniels
George P Bush
Meghan McCain
Ted Nugent
Michele Bachman
Neil Bush
Marvin Bush
Steve King
Justin Amash
Haley Barbour
Tim Scott
Tom Corbett
Condoleezza Rice
Jon Huntsman Jr

Libertarian:

Gary Johnson
Jessie Ventura

Other:

Andrew Napolitano
Roseanne Barr
Donald Trump
Herman Cain
Jill Stein
Virgil Goode
Michael Bloomberg
Jeff Boss
Jimmy McMillan
Colin Powell

I wish you would be more serious about these things.

CaptLouAlbano
11-12-2012, 07:17 PM

Agreed, though something tells me he would probably go for the next incarnation of Americans Elect or whatever they come up with next.

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 07:21 PM
George P Bush currently has not held elected office. The presidential election is 4 years from now. Realistically, I have to say he won't run. If he did, even with his last name, Republicans would prefer someone with real experience. Jeb Bush would be a better pick. G P Bush has filed to run for state office in Texas; no one knows for what office though.

So the soonest he can become realistic is 2020?

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I wish you would be more serious about these things.

Why? Are there any serious names missing?

Uriah
11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
So the soonest he can become realistic is 2020?

I would think so. Probably later than that though. He will probably start off as a state senator. After that he'll need a national image which can be created by becoming governor or US senator. If Jeb runs for president it could push back G P's potential run.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Why? Are there any serious names missing?

Maybe, but a lot of unserious names on that list should be missing.

Vermin Supreme
Chelsea Clinton
Michelle Obama
Bill Richardson
Sam Graves
George P Bush
Meghan McCain
Ted Nugent
Michele Bachman
Neil Bush
Marvin Bush
Haley Barbour
Condoleezza Rice
Jon Huntsman Jr

John F Kennedy III
11-12-2012, 09:11 PM
I would think so. Probably later than that though. He will probably start off as a state senator. After that he'll need a national image which can be created by becoming governor or US senator. If Jeb runs for president it could push back G P's potential run.

They are desperate if they run Jeb.

11-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Maybe, but a lot of unserious names on that list should be missing.

Vermin Supreme
Chelsea Clinton
Michelle Obama
Bill Richardson
Sam Graves
George P Bush
Meghan McCain
Ted Nugent
Michele Bachman
Neil Bush
Marvin Bush
Haley Barbour
Condoleezza Rice
Jon Huntsman Jr

I think Rice is a serious possibility and Vermin Supreme will run again ;)

Uriah
11-13-2012, 10:34 AM
I think these lists should be put into tiers. Ranking them according to how much of a serious contender they would be. However, none of this matters or is really productive especially four years from an election. We could make a game out of it though. Who will run or won't run? Who will make it to the convention? etc. It can be called "+rep me if I'm right!"

rpfocus
11-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Cuomo will beat Hillary?

Not a chance, and it's possible he wouldn't even bother to run against Hillary:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/22/nyregion/cuomos-presidential-dreams-and-a-clinton-in-the-way.html?_r=0

John F Kennedy III
11-16-2012, 04:04 PM
I think these lists should be put into tiers. Ranking them according to how much of a serious contender they would be. However, none of this matters or is really productive especially four years from an election. We could make a game out of it though. Who will run or won't run? Who will make it to the convention? etc. It can be called "+rep me if I'm right!"

I am working on putting them in tiers today. If anyone wants to help out, please do :)

Also, any other names to add?

Uriah
11-16-2012, 04:21 PM
At this point, if roughly 4 out of 5 people don't recognize the name they shouldn't be in the top tier.

John F Kennedy III
11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
At this point, if roughly 4 out of 5 people don't recognize the name they shouldn't be in the top tier.

Alritey.

John F Kennedy III
11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
I am currently working on arranging these into tiers. I am very unfamiliar with alot of these names. If you can, please help with whether you think someone will run or be a serious contender. I'm tiering Dems and Reps only.

opal
11-17-2012, 11:37 PM
I skipped several pages .. didn't Jessie Ventura say he would only run independant.. no party affiliation? and that's with ballot access as ain indie in all 50 states

Pauls' Revere
11-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Sith Overlords.

^^this^^

John F Kennedy III
11-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Does anyone think Michael Bloomberg will run? One has to think he will eventually decide being Emperor of NYC isn't enough. He would take office 3 weeks shy of his 74th birthday.

Odin
11-18-2012, 01:32 PM
The Democrats might choose Governor Schweitzer of Montana, and the Republicans might pick Mitch Daniels or Bob McDonnell.

Both of those Republican names are less charismatic than even Romney. Boring as fuck, so I doubt it.

John F Kennedy III
11-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Both of those Republican names are less charismatic than even Romney. Boring as fuck, so I doubt it.

Yeah both are low on the list.

KMX
11-18-2012, 05:46 PM
RON PAUL OR BUST!

pahs1994
11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger is not eligible to be elected president.

John F Kennedy III
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger is not eligible to be elected president.

That is only important if TPTB allow it to be.

John F Kennedy III
11-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Can't believe we forgot Rahm Emanuel.

http://www.redicecreations.com/ul_img/5242rahm.jpg

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Obama get a 3rd term ;)

oyarde
11-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Colin Powell isn't a Democrat. Jury is out on that ....

oyarde
11-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Did anyone mention Ed Rendell for the Dems? There should be a file on him somewhere that could be released ...

John F Kennedy III
11-19-2012, 11:16 AM
//////

John F Kennedy III
11-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Are Huntsman, Bachmann, Palin and Daniels all out of the GOP picture for 2016? Should they all be moved to tier 3?

11-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Are Huntsman, Bachmann, Palin and Daniels all out of the GOP picture for 2016? Should they all be moved to tier 3?

I'd consider them second tier candidates.

John F Kennedy III
11-19-2012, 09:58 PM
I'd consider them second tier candidates.

Thank you. It'll be interesting to see how much attention Bachmann, Huntsman and Palin get around May-July of 2015.

Odin
11-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Thank you. It'll be interesting to see how much attention Bachmann, Huntsman and Palin get around May-July of 2015.

Well Huntsman is the only one with a brain out of those 3, but I'm pretty confident in predicting that none of them will win. They would be retreads who lost to the other retread (Romney). Or in Palin's case, who made a fool out of herself on the national stage and lost in a landslide.

I'm not going to lie, it does look like a strong field on the Republican side, which is probably good for us. My guess would be a top tier of something like Rubio, Christie, Rand, and Ryan.

I'm positive Mike Pence wants to run for President at some point, not sure if he would do so quite so soon though. But I'm sure it will be a strong field, and that would be good for Rand because number 1 he'll have to be a better candidate in order to win, and number 2, lower percent of the vote will be required to win the early states.

John F Kennedy III
11-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Well Huntsman is the only one with a brain out of those 3, but I'm pretty confident in predicting that none of them will win. They would be retreads who lost to the other retread (Romney). Or in Palin's case, who made a fool out of herself on the national stage and lost in a landslide.

I'm not going to lie, it does look like a strong field on the Republican side, which is probably good for us. My guess would be a top tier of something like Rubio, Christie, Rand, and Ryan.

I'm positive Mike Pence wants to run for President at some point, not sure if he would do so quite so soon though. But I'm sure it will be a strong field, and that would be good for Rand because number 1 he'll have to be a better candidate in order to win, and number 2, lower percent of the vote will be required to win the early states.

The Republican field is definitely deep. Hey, we have 4 years to find a liberty candidate to run as a Democrat :p

You don't think Ryan will be hurt by Romney's loss? I can see Huntsman doing better than this time, but that isn't saying anything.

I need to research Pence. I've never heard of him.

Odin
11-19-2012, 11:23 PM
The Republican field is definitely deep. Hey, we have 4 years to find a liberty candidate to run as a Democrat :p

You don't think Ryan will be hurt by Romney's loss? I can see Huntsman doing better than this time, but that isn't saying anything.

I need to research Pence. I've never heard of him.

No I have a feeling Ryan will be viewed as independent from Romney's loss. Personally I don't see Huntsman doing very well but I guess we'll see on that one.

Pence just elected Governor of Indiana. Impressive speaker, sort of reminds me of George Bush 2.0 though, he has sort of similar vocal inflections (similar policies too). 2016 might be too soon but I'm sure he'll run for President at some point.

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 02:44 AM
No I have a feeling Ryan will be viewed as independent from Romney's loss. Personally I don't see Huntsman doing very well but I guess we'll see on that one.

Pence just elected Governor of Indiana. Impressive speaker, sort of reminds me of George Bush 2.0 though, he has sort of similar vocal inflections (similar policies too). 2016 might be too soon but I'm sure he'll run for President at some point.

I'm sure I'll end up moving Ryan to Tier 1 then. Huntsman will possibly have 5-10% higher numbers and MIGHT make it to Super Tuesday. That's all I'm saying :p And even that is only based on a few people speculating he will get a name recognition bump from his 2012 run.

If Pence is George W. 2.0 he could do well. It's sad how many in the GOP think he was a great president. And how long after 2016 will we have to hear about how great Obama was? :(

Well actually, as long as the Dems are going "We should have paid attention to Florida! I can't believe Rand edged Hillary in Florida!" :D

Or less realistic but WAY more awesome:

"We should have paid attention to California! I can't believe Rand edged Hillary in California!"

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 05:24 PM
What does everyone think about Condoleeza Rice? I think she may be a bigger factor than some expect. I'm starting to think it'll be considered mandatory, in the arena of public opinion, that both the (D) and (R) tickets have a minority. Even if it's just as VP. I wouldn't be surprised if one ticket ends up being minority Pres and VP.

John F Kennedy III
11-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Trimmed the fat. The ones where I just couldn't justify there being a real chance of them running in 2016.

John F Kennedy III
11-21-2012, 03:16 AM
Fun fact: Ted Cruz was born in Canada.

Also it appears Rahm Emmanuel had/has dual citizenship with Israel and served with the Israel Defense Forces in 1991. It is said that this would make ineligible to be President. He was born in Chicago to a non US citizen father.

John F Kennedy III
11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Bump.

John F Kennedy III
11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm still not done :p I have about 20 more names written down that I need to research to either add to the list or not.

Feel free to give some input.

John F Kennedy III
11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Added the names I was talking about. Put them in the Tier 2's until I filter them.

The Dude
11-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Al Gore should be tier 1, Bill Richardson should be tier 2, and Mike Huckabee should be tier 1. He is a major threat. Also, isn't Schwarzenegger ineligible to be President...?

John F Kennedy III
12-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Al Gore should be tier 1, Bill Richardson should be tier 2, and Mike Huckabee should be tier 1. He is a major threat. Also, isn't Schwarzenegger ineligible to be President...?

Interesting. You really think Gore and to a lesser extent Richardson, are threats to win the Dem nod? And Huckabee for the GOP? Can you explain why? I'd love to get as many opinions from you guys as possible :)

Arnold is on the list due to the slim chance of them changing the Constitution for him. His profile has dropped alot since 2004-05 though.

Galileo Galilei
12-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Best case scenario is Jeb Bush and Hilary Clinton running.

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Best case scenario is Jeb Bush and Hilary Clinton running.

How is Hillary running a best case scenario? Or do you mean it as a combo? Her D primary, Jeb R primary.

Galileo Galilei
12-02-2012, 12:10 AM
How is Hillary running a best case scenario? Or do you mean it as a combo? Her D primary, Jeb R primary.

Hilary is less important than Bush. Bush would be easier for Rand to beat in the primary than Rubio. If Hilary runs on the dem side you have the two most establishment candidates possible so Rand stands out more.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Whoever runs, the Fed wins.

Until we revolt...

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Hilary is less important than Bush. Bush would be easier for Rand to beat in the primary than Rubio. If Hilary runs on the GOP side you have the two most establishment candidates possible so Rand stands out more.

I can imagine there's a route for Bush to take the Florida/GOP Establishment slot over Rubio.

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 12:55 AM
What's the info on Eric Cantor? I'm finding some people pushing him.

Galileo Galilei
12-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Whoever runs, the Fed wins.

Until we revolt...

unless Rand Paul wins, then the Fed loses big time.

Galileo Galilei
12-02-2012, 01:21 AM
I can imagine there's a route for Bush to take the Florida/GOP Establishment slot over Rubio.

if Jeb Bush is running then Rubio isn't. I say Rand vs. Bush is more favorable than Rand vs Rubio.

I see these two candidates as the biggest threat to Rand.

Christie is damaged goods. Huckabee is dangerous because he could swoop in and steal Iowa. Rand has a better chance to win Iowa than NH.

Rubio may not be ready for prime time, and if that is true, then Jeb Bush becomes a more likely candidate. If Rand were running against Bush, even the lew rockwell blog might support Rand.

The keys for Rand to win:

1) keep doing what he is doing, which is basically imitating Ron Paul except for Iran and the Romney endorsement.

2) get Sarah Palin's endorsement.

3) get backing from the Koch brothers.

4) win CPAC at some point without looking like you are trying too hard.

5) win Iowa straw poll the same way, and be ready to win Iowa and get at least 2nd in NH.

6) win NV and SC, or at least 2nd in SC.

7) 2nd in FL

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Ken Cuccinelli is REALLY TERRIBLE on the issues.

From when he was a Virginia State Senator:

During his time in the Senate Cuccinelli took positions opposing abortion, gay marriage, illegal immigration and conservative positions on taxes, government spending, property rights, and the second amendment, while advocating law enforcement

Why am I finding so many people on the web calling him "constitutional conservative" and "libertarian"?

Edit: I read it completely wrong when I posted this. I added the bolded and to make it read correctly.

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 01:46 AM
////////

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Oh ok so you guys are saying Huckabee is legit threat to win Iowa, but not the GOP nomination right?

Galileo Galilei
12-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh ok so you guys are saying Huckabee is legit threat to win Iowa, but not the GOP nomination right?

That's right. He is strong in Iowa and the southern states he won in 2008. he also has a national TV show on Fox. The only way he could win would be if he went into the back room with the GOP bigwigs and told them he would run as a moderate.

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 11:05 AM
That's right. He is strong in Iowa and the southern states he won in 2008. he also has a national TV show on Fox. The only way he could win would be if he went into the back room with the GOP bigwigs and told them he would run as a moderate.

Thank you. I'm really not sure your average GOP voters will get excited about him come 2016. That's why I asked :)

Well this thread is meant to be fluid from now to 2016. I might keep him low for now and move him up in the future.

I'm giving slight bumps to 2nd/3rd Tier candidates that could be VP picks, could be put in play and catch on because there seems to be alot of fanfair about minorities at least being the VP picks or because somebody (like Huckabee, Ayotte) can step into a primary and take a state from Rand.

realtonygoodwin
12-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Does anyone think Michael Bloomberg will run? One has to think he will eventually decide being Emperor of NYC isn't enough. He would take office 3 weeks shy of his 74th birthday.

Bloomberg will be term-limited out of the mayorship in 2014.

Pawlenty and Perry would be Tier 2 candidates, and Huckabee would probably be a Tier 1. And frankly, Rand is probably a Teir 2.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/11/2016-gop-presidential-candidates/59351/

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/84110.html

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 05:47 PM

Pawlenty and Perry would be Tier 2 candidates, and Huckabee would probably be a Tier 1. And frankly, Rand is probably a Teir 2.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/11/2016-gop-presidential-candidates/59351/

A Christie run may hinge on how the northeast perceives his handling of Hurricane Sandy.

The first article seems very fair from a mainstream standpoint. Except they ignore Rand.

Comment from there:

The GOP cannot win in 2016.

The ones who make it through the GOP primary cannot win national elections. Rubio is already being characterized as a right wing nut (he's an amateur) because he made stupid creationist remarks (which he probably believes) about the age of the earth. Santorum is a right wing nut job who lost his PA senate seat in 2006 because Pennsylvanians decided he was too far right. Not only will Santorum never win another election, but he's still in denial that Bob Casey beat him by +17 and won re-election in 2012 by +9. Jindal is no longer the amateur who gave the GOP response in 2009, but he signed creationism legislation, and LA is 49th in k-12 performance. Even if he already has smart 2016 advisers on board, Jindal will be easy to portray as a lightweight.

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 06:14 PM

Do you or anyone else have articles like this that focus on the Democrats?

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Is Luis Fortuno eligible?

jtstellar
12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
older people are going to moderate themselves come 2016, increasingly approaching their death beds and needing more government handouts. youth will radicalize come 2016. when you analyze demographics and chances of people and the strategy they need, you need to include that. i am suspecting there will be a radical wing of freedom movement come the next few election cycles

realtonygoodwin
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Do you or anyone else have articles like this that focus on the Democrats?

http://news.yahoo.com/top-10-democratic-presidential-contenders-2016-121327378--politics.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/us/politics/democrats-look-ahead-to-2016-presidential-prospects.html

John F Kennedy III
12-03-2012, 03:33 PM
older people are going to moderate themselves come 2016, increasingly approaching their death beds and needing more government handouts. youth will radicalize come 2016. when you analyze demographics and chances of people and the strategy they need, you need to include that. i am suspecting there will be a radical wing of freedom movement come the next few election cycles

If we are here in 2020 I dont see why we couldn't be 30% by then.

John F Kennedy III
12-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Finally finished the republican tiers.

John F Kennedy III
12-06-2012, 02:59 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/top-10-democratic-presidential-contenders-2016-121327378--politics.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/us/politics/democrats-look-ahead-to-2016-presidential-prospects.html

This guy as governor of Cali? Well, you get what you vote for...

9. Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa

Vaulting from mayor to the presidency is a long shot for any politician—even the mayor of the second largest city in the United States. Villaraigosa is one of the highest-profile Latino leaders in the Democratic Party, and he got more attention as chair of the Democratic convention this year. He has said that his eyes are on the governorship of California, not the presidency, after his mayoral term ends in 2013, but Villaraigosa has never been shy of the media spotlight, and you can expect to hear from him in 2016—even if he’s just endorsing someone else.

John F Kennedy III
12-06-2012, 07:05 PM
The Dems should run Daniel Inouye :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Inouye

Added Dennis Kucinich. He might run just to piss them off.

angelatc
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
What's the info on Eric Cantor? I'm finding some people pushing him.

God, no!

He actually tried to get aid to Israel declared a function of the Treasury so that Congress couldn't stop it.

Matt McGuire
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
It's Nikki Haley, not Nikky.

Also, Jesse Ventura would not run in any party. Move him from Libertarian to Other.

Other than that, great list. It's very realistic.

angelatc
12-06-2012, 08:16 PM

Yeah, that's what the dirty hippies said in the '60's.

John F Kennedy III
12-06-2012, 08:32 PM
God, no!

He actually tried to get aid to Israel declared a function of the Treasury so that Congress couldn't stop it.

Wow. No wonder the Israel worshippers like him so much.

John F Kennedy III
12-06-2012, 08:35 PM
It's Nikki Haley, not Nikky.

Also, Jesse Ventura would not run in any party. Move him from Libertarian to Other.

Other than that, great list. It's very realistic.

Thanks. I've spent alot of time polishing it. Mostly just have to work on the Dems a bit more. I'm not familiar with many of the Dems in tiers 2 and 3.

John F Kennedy III
12-25-2012, 12:49 AM
The Dems should run Daniel Inouye :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Inouye

Added Dennis Kucinich. He might run just to piss them off.

It's really weird that Daniel died shortly after I said this :(

oyarde
12-25-2012, 12:54 AM
If he was on the ticket in Hawaii , he would win.

___j___
12-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Hey, we have 4 years to find a liberty candidate to run as a Democrat :p

This guy -- http://www.claytonforsenate.com/issues.html (Parents were Goldwater repubs.) He ran for senate in 2008, losing the dem-primary with 30k votes to the winner's 60k votes; the eventual dem nominee lost badly to Lamar Alexander that year. In 2012, the day after Clayton won his second attempt at the seven-way-split dem-primary for the 2012 senate race in TN with ~30% of the votes (48k this time around), the dem-establishment totally disowned him. From what I can tell, he got *zero* dollars in donations -- http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/can_detail/S8TN00279 He lost to Bob Corker pretty badly, 700k votes to 1500k votes... but Corker had $10m in cash, and spent $5m.

If we can get Clayton to run again in 2014, with some cash from liberty-folks, there are two seats up for re-election, one senate seat and one governorship. Clayton will be 38 then, and therefore will be 40 in time for the next presidential election -- just old enough to be seen as a 'serious' dem candidate. (Historically, repubs like candidates in their mid-50s and older, but dems prefer mid-40s candidates: JFK was 43, RFK'68 was also 43, Bill Clinton 46, Obama 47.) Incidentally, Biden is going to be 74, and Hillary is going to be 69. Rand is unlikely to have the curse/luxury of facing Hillary -- an upstart like Gillibrand seems more likely.

Anyways, as for TN races, in 2014 Lamar Alexander will be up for re-election, and at age 74 he is prolly to old to have a shot at the presidency... which he attempted back in 1996 and 2000 at age 60 btw... but he is certainly not too old for re-election to the Senate. (The average age among incumbent-senior-senators was 74 in this past 2012 cycle, and of the 74-and-up crowd, only two of the fourteen retired willingly. Most run again at 74 and 78. Running again in your 80s is rarer.) Seems unlikely that Clayton would be able to beat Lamar, even with strong outside funding. Lamar gets ratings of 78% fiscal + 55% constitutional, similar to Wicker/Hoeven/Johanns, a bit worse than Lindsay Graham.

The other race is the gov-race, and the incumbent repub there is a first-term guy elected in 2010, ranked as the absolute worst repub governor by CATO on fiscal issues. (To be fair, the CATO analysis merely ranks year-by-year *changes* in state spending... Gov Christie hiked the already outrageous NJ spending by 2% and got a super grade whereas Gov Haslam seemingly-more-dramatically-hiked the very low TN spending by 14% and got a failing grade). Here is a blogger which has a lot of anger regarding the current Governor, partly on tax & spend, but mostly on federalization (cf tax&spend of course) plus some liberty issues -- http://tncampaignforliberty.org/wordpress/tag/haslam/ Also worth noting, total spending on the dem-races seems to be about $1 or $2m during the primaries, versus $5m in repub-primaries.

I don't know any liberty-movement folks in TN. Is there somebody on the ground there, or familiar with statewide politics, that can comment on whether or not a young unknown dem with a liberty-leaning message would have a shot at unseating the current gov? Polls earlier this year show he is very strong: dems and indeps gave Haslam 60% approval, repubs and tea gave him 80%. (Only 13% were in the tea-party.) TN economy rated v.bad by 20%, fairly bad 35%, f.good 40%, v.good 3% ... but 30% blamed obama, 25% statehouse, 12% gov. That said, 55% disapproved of obamacare, and haslam is pushing for it, so they might begin to blame him by 2014, when the Obamacare penaltax really kicks in. There is also the question of whether liberty-candidates on the repub side already exist for TN senate and TN governor seats in 2014 -- I've not heard of any. Still, running a liberty-candidate in the repub-primaries would not preclude us from running Clayton in the dem-primaries simultaneously.

John F Kennedy III
12-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Bump ^

FSP-Rebel
12-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Is there somebody on the ground there, or familiar with statewide politics, that can comment
I'm sure his majesty-Teh Collins would have some input on this.

Smart3
12-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden
Andrew Cuomo
Deval Patrick
Martin O'Malley
Tim Kaine
Elizabeth Warren

Julian Castro
Mark Warner
Kirsten Gillabrand
Evan Bayh
Amy Klobuchar
Antonio Villaraigosa
Brian Schweitzer
Debbie Schultz
Cory Booker
Jay Nixon

John Hickenlooper
Rahm Emanuel
Joe Manchin
Dennis Kucinich
Al Gore
Jack Markell
Ed Rendell
Charlie Crist (conditional on becoming FL Governor 2014)
Sherrod Brown
Jim Webb
Jerry Brown
Russ Feingold

Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Paul Ryan
Jeb Bush
Chris Christie
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum

Jon Huntsman Jr
Condoleezza Rice
Mike Pence
Scott Walker
Susana Martinez
Eric Cantor
Bob McDonnell
Sarah Palin
Jim DeMint
Mike Huckabee
Tom Corbett

Rick Perry
Nikky Haley
John Kasich
Michele Bachmann
Mitch Daniels
Rob Portman
Tim Scott
Brian Sandoval
Kelly Ayotte
Rick Scott
Haley Barbour
Sam Brownback
John Thune

Libertarian:
Gary Johnson
Andrew Napolitano
Mary Ruwart

Green:
Jill Stein
Farheen Hakeem
Howie Hawkins
Harley Mikkelson
Cheri Honkala
Gayle McLaughlin

Other:
Vermin Supreme
Jesse Ventura
Michael Bloomberg
Jeff Boss
Jimmy McMillan

Corrections: Removed Goode due to retirement from politics and not in good standing with the CP, removed Cain because he will not betray his masters and leave the GOP. Added more Greens, moved Napolitano to LP, since he's registered LP.

oyarde
12-29-2012, 04:09 PM
I actually think guys like Daniels & Thune would have to factor higher, Daniels will not be interested.

compromise
12-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Removed Goode due to retirement from politics and not in good standing with the CP
What happened between Goode and the CP?

John F Kennedy III
12-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden
Andrew Cuomo
Deval Patrick
Martin O'Malley
Tim Kaine
Elizabeth Warren

Julian Castro
Mark Warner
Kirsten Gillabrand
Evan Bayh
Amy Klobuchar
Antonio Villaraigosa
Brian Schweitzer
Debbie Schultz
Cory Booker
Jay Nixon

John Hickenlooper
Rahm Emanuel
Joe Manchin
Dennis Kucinich
Al Gore
Jack Markell
Ed Rendell
Charlie Crist (conditional on becoming FL Governor 2014)
Sherrod Brown
Jim Webb
Jerry Brown
Russ Feingold

Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Paul Ryan
Jeb Bush
Chris Christie
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum

Jon Huntsman Jr
Condoleezza Rice
Mike Pence
Scott Walker
Susana Martinez
Eric Cantor
Bob McDonnell
Sarah Palin
Jim DeMint
Mike Huckabee
Tom Corbett

Rick Perry
Nikky Haley
John Kasich
Michele Bachmann
Mitch Daniels
Rob Portman
Tim Scott
Brian Sandoval
Kelly Ayotte
Rick Scott
Haley Barbour
Sam Brownback
John Thune

Libertarian:
Gary Johnson
Andrew Napolitano
Mary Ruwart

Green:
Jill Stein
Farheen Hakeem
Howie Hawkins
Harley Mikkelson
Cheri Honkala
Gayle McLaughlin

Other:
Vermin Supreme
Jesse Ventura
Michael Bloomberg
Jeff Boss
Jimmy McMillan

Corrections: Removed Goode due to retirement from politics and not in good standing with the CP, removed Cain because he will not betray his masters and leave the GOP. Added more Greens, moved Napolitano to LP, since he's registered LP.

Thanks. I'll update when I get the chance. Do each of those Greens have a shot at the party nomination?

Smart3
12-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks. I'll update when I get the chance. Do each of those Greens have a shot at the party nomination?
Yes. Given the Greens history of nominating people who've run serious campaigns before, those are good guesses. Ben Manski is another possibility, as he was almost elected State Rep, and was recently Stein's campaign manager. I didn't include him as he's much younger than the other contenders. Green leaders (here and elsewhere) tend to be much older. He'll only be 42 in 2016.

What happened between Goode and the CP?
Goode did not fix the party feuds, and made them much worse - in Oregon, the state CP put a relative unknown guy on the ballot instead of Goode. In Alaska, the Independence Party refused to put Goode on the ballot because they simply didn't like him, which meant Goode had to spend a great deal of money there setting up a brand new Alaska Constitution Party. Goode was not nominated in Kansas as the Reform nominee, and Goode was unable to receive the endorsements and support that Baldwin got in 2008.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, Goode has yet to pay down his debts including the ballot petitioners who worked tirelessly for him.

compromise
12-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Green:
Jill Stein
Farheen Hakeem
Howie Hawkins
Harley Mikkelson
Cheri Honkala
Gayle McLaughlin

Other:
Vermin Supreme
Jesse Ventura
Michael Bloomberg
Jeff Boss
Jimmy McMillan

For Greens/Other, Stewart Alexander and Roseanne Barr could run again. Stewart is a perennial candidate.