PDA

View Full Version : Bill Kristol joines Boehner: ‘It Won’t Kill The Country If We Raise Taxes’ On Millionaires

Agorism
11-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Bill Kristol joines Boehner: ‘It Won’t Kill The Country If We Raise Taxes’ On Millionaires (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/11/bill-kristol-taxes-millionaires_n_2113671.html

WASHINGTON -- Conservative commentator and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol said Sunday the Republican Party should accept new ideas, including the much-criticized suggestion by Democrats that taxes be allowed to go up on the wealthy.

"It won't kill the country if we raise taxes a little bit on millionaires," he said on "Fox News Sunday." "It really won't, I don't think. I don't really understand why Republicans don't take Obama's offer."

"Really? The Republican Party is going to fall on its sword to defend a bunch of millionaires, half of whom voted Democratic and half of whom live in Hollywood and are hostile?" he asked.

One of the biggest fights as Congress returns will be over taxes, as cuts put in place by former President George W. Bush are set to expire at the end of the year. Republicans want to extend those tax cuts for all income brackets, while Democrats want to raise revenue by allowing them to expire for wealthy Americans.

Exit polls last week found that six in ten voters supported ending the tax cuts on the wealthy, but House Republicans have remained adamantly opposed to allowing any of the rates to expire, instead supporting other changes to the tax code. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) indicated on Friday that was unlikely to change.

"By lowering rates and cleaning up the tax code, we know that we're going to get more economic growth," he said at a press conference. "It'll bring jobs back to America. It'll bring more revenue. We also know that if we clean up the code and make it simpler, the tax code will be more efficient. The current code only collects about 85 percent of what's due the government. And it's clear that if you have a simpler, cleaner, fairer tax code, that efficiency -- the effectiveness and efficiency of the tax code increases exponentially."

supermario21
11-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Like I said the other day, the real conservatives will be revealed and the neocons will continue to sell out.

AGRP
11-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Fox News lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bot_CNlaE10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf2JVIdh2eU

Sola_Fide
11-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Haha...what a bunch of spineless, economic illiterates...

JK/SEA
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
missing the point...as usual.

alucard13mmfmj
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Our millionaires will just move to another country. Our billionaires are leaving to other countries already.

nasaal
11-11-2012, 05:10 PM
They're changing the party narrative through the media. They will be seen as the sensible moderate party where the left will have to move further left to combat them. This is how they keep us out of the party.

Brett85
11-11-2012, 05:12 PM
This just shows that neo-conservatives aren't actually conservatives at all. They have much more in common with liberals than with traditional conservatives.

Philosophy_of_Politics
11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Of course they'd rather punish innocent civilians than actually cut something . . .

oyarde
11-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Will , not kill , the Country , I do not agree.

idiom
11-11-2012, 05:23 PM
The current code only collects about 85 percent of what's due the government. And it's clear that if you have a simpler, cleaner, fairer tax code, that efficiency -- the effectiveness and efficiency of the tax code increases exponentially."

-1 for misuse of exponentially. Unless its a negative exponent...

youngbuck
11-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Amputating your arms isn't going to kill you, you'll just be a lot less productive.

anaconda
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
It's OK Bill. It's 2012. Come on out of the closet. No one here hates you anywhere near as much as you hate yourself. You're among friends. Join or die. Rand Paul 2016. Your sins will be forgiven.

NoOneButPaul
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Like I said the other day, the real conservatives will be revealed and the neocons will continue to sell out.

The problem is the voters need to look at it this way.

If the voters compromise with the NeoCon leaders nothing will change, if the voters get furious about this then they could flock to people like Rand. Hopefully the voters choose to rebel against the NeoCons.

anaconda
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Amputating your arms isn't going to kill you, you'll just be a lot less productive.

LOL. Unless you USE the "opportunity" to develop previously ignored or undiscovered potentialities of the mind. Think, maybe, Stephen Hawking.

anaconda
11-11-2012, 05:42 PM
-1 for misuse of exponentially. Unless its a negative exponent...

One Over?

AlexAmore
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Did you know John Boehner went unopposed in his reelection in Ohio? WTF.

supermario21
11-11-2012, 05:58 PM
The problem is the voters need to look at it this way.

If the voters compromise with the NeoCon leaders nothing will change, if the voters get furious about this then they could flock to people like Rand. Hopefully the voters choose to rebel against the NeoCons.

My whole point is is what is going to resonate more with your average grassroots conservative? Defense spending as a sacred cow or protecting low government spending? Or better yet what do you think the average conservative would rather have? Tax cuts, or a big military budget?

jkr
11-11-2012, 06:11 PM
yes
yes it will

GunnyFreedom
This is very good for us. The neocons are unmasking themselves. The Tea Parties will howl with rage. We need to be the ones to provide the Tea Parties with comfort and solutions. We have a very real opportunity here, to become the heroes of the abandoned right. We can coalesce the hopes and dreams of the entire conservative grassroots around our leadership. But we have to actually demonstrate leadership and stop being a rag-tag herd of cats and frogs. We could literally surpass the Reagan Revolution by leaps and bounds, but we have to be willing to buckle down and do it.

NIU Students for Liberty
Someone should tell Bill Kristol that it won't kill the country if we end the wars.

angelatc
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Haha...what a bunch of spineless, economic illiterates...

WASHINGTON -- Conservative commentator and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol said Sunday the Republican Party should accept new ideas, including the much-criticized suggestion by Democrats that taxes be allowed to go up on the wealthy.

Except ideas that involve military spending. Those can't even be discussed, much less mentioned.

I think it's pretty certain that the Bush tax cuts are going to expire. The House won't be able to get anything to stop them through the Senate.

Carson
11-11-2012, 06:14 PM
The corpse is pretty much past the twitching but something like this could cause it to set up on the slab, eyes wide open.

Carson
11-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Someone should tell Bill Kristol that it won't kill the country if we end the wars.

Could very well revive it!

GunnyFreedom
11-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Except ideas that involve military spending. Those can't even be discussed, much less mentioned.

I think it's pretty certain that the Bush tax cuts are going to expire. The House won't be able to get anything to stop them through the Senate.

Rand was articulating that very idea (Militarism budget cuts) very, very well in front of F-U Frank's panel on Hannity in the 'tube being passed around here lately. It can be done, but you have to double-layer it with entitlement reform and make it a bi-partisan 'give' to work.

AGRP
11-11-2012, 06:17 PM
I wonder if the zombies ever wonder if Ron was onto something after moments like these.

GunnyFreedom
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I wonder if the zombies ever wonder if Ron was onto something after moments like these.

my point exactly +Rep

Virtual Isolation
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Ohhhh good. We're going to be fighting everybody... again. Starting now.

If Kristol believes this sort of stance is going to win over the independent vote, he has another thing coming. The best thing that could come out of this is if the neocons start fighting amongst themselves.

FlatIron
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I honestly think we should just let them do what they want, so the collapse will happen much faster

alucard13mmfmj
11-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I am still mad that sales tax in california is going to be raised. In some areas, it'll be 10% sales tax. People want to increase tax for people making 250,000+ a year while raising sales tax on everyone else.

California sales tax can be raised to 50% and we'd still be broke.

Yeah.. let's increase sales tax so people buy less things... OH NO!!! Why is the economy slow and no one buying anything?!?! WHY?!?!

Moving to another state sounds like a good idea.

I am trying to start a small business and this sales tax will make me have a snowballs chance in hell with competiting with my competitors outside california. Let's see customer pays 60 dollar + 11 dollar shipping to a competitor for a product.. or pays 60 dollar +6 dollar tax +7 dollar shipping to me for the same product. Smart consumers will buy elsewhere to save money.

trey4sports
11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
http://prairiefirenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/dig_your_own_grave.jpg

keep diggin' Bill.

Philosophy_of_Politics
11-11-2012, 08:41 PM
This is actually the ideal time to gain the support of the "wealthy/rich" tax bracket. Reveal to them that the fake conservatives who claim to protect them, are abandoning ship.

Then, they'll support us, when we offer support to defend them from oppressive government as well.

Occam's Banana
11-11-2012, 09:27 PM
WASHINGTON -- Conservative commentator and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol said Sunday the Republican Party should accept new ideas, [such as] that taxes [...] go up on the wealthy.

That ain't a new idea. It's as old as sin ...

If it weren't for the fact that Kristol is a mealy-mouthed manipulator who knows better and just doesn't give a shit, I'd say that Billyboy needs to pull his head out his ass.

Of course, given that neo-cons are just bloodthirstier-than-thou liberals, it's not surprising that he wants to dupe the GOP rank-and-file into thinking that it's a good idea for Republicans to be more like Democrats.

anaconda
11-11-2012, 09:37 PM

LOL.

supermario21
11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Breitbart is hammering Kristold for it and talking about how he has been a sell-out on more than one occasion, remember Romney's tax returns?

Feeding the Abscess
11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Rand and Amash opposed the payroll tax cuts, and Massie gave signals that he wants the payroll tax cut to expire. If we're going to (rightly) get on Kristol for this, we damn sure need to get our own in line.

supermario21
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
The payroll tax cuts are nothing but a gimmick.

Cowlesy
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
It's hilarious when they talk about "millionaires and billionaires" that what they really mean is singles @ $200k and married/filing-jointly at $250k.

Throwing up these barriers will cut income from those with big wads of assets, but the most pernicious outcome is that it'll be extremely hard for someone to move up the chain to grow their assets to those levels, thus insulating those at the top from those on the move (and of course those at the bottom).

Lucille
11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
God forbid they consider scaling back the empire, clawing back the bailouts, and prosecuting some banksters!

RE-legalize hemp already!

Feeding the Abscess
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
The payroll tax cuts are nothing but a gimmick.

Who cares? It's the money of those who earned it, not the government's. Any action to get the money out of the hands of the thieves and have it kept in the hands of those who earned it should be celebrated.

TheGrinch
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
It's OK Bill. It's 2012. Come on out of the closet. No one here hates you anywhere near as much as you hate yourself. You're among friends. Join or die. Rand Paul 2016. Your sins will be forgiven.

I disagree. I'm positive that I hate Bill Kristol and the rest of the PNAC bunch more than he hates himself. They are at the root of what's wrong with this country.

AuH20
11-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Let's cut through all the class warfare obfuscation. This anticipated revenue is needed to service the ever-increasing interest on the current deficit loads, which tells you how far gone this country is.

idiom
11-12-2012, 04:46 PM
One Over?

Yeah, I knew it was wrong when I posted it. Point being getting from 85% to 100% efficiency is an exercise in diminishing returns.

pochy1776
11-12-2012, 07:25 PM
According to IRS date, the bottom 50% pay less than 3% while the top 1 pay 25%. The top 20 pay 50% Why the fucking class warfare and "fare share" Make the poor pay some damn taxes. Better yet, equalize ALL of it with a Flat tax, consumption tax or even better a small tariff policy.

Feeding the Abscess
11-12-2012, 07:58 PM
According to IRS date, the bottom 50% pay less than 3% while the top 1 pay 25%. The top 20 pay 50% Why the fucking class warfare and "fare share" Make the poor pay some damn taxes. Better yet, equalize ALL of it with a Flat tax, consumption tax or even better a small tariff policy.

Why are you a Ron Paul supporter? He sees half of country not paying income taxes, and he's optimistic that he can convince the other half currently paying income taxes to join them.