PDA

View Full Version : AP: Huntsman Could Be Next Secretary of State

RonPaulFanInGA
11-10-2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=22889804

GeorgiaAvenger
11-10-2012, 08:23 PM
As well as Hagel and Lugar being candidates for Sec. of Defense. Lugar is also a candidate for Sec. of State.

MozoVote
11-10-2012, 08:23 PM
It was one thing to be an ambassador, on the other side of the Pacific "serving" the Obama administration. Secretary of State is actually meeting with, conferring with, directly *speaking for* the president.

Moderates may forgive Huntsman for being Secretary of State, but I think it'd alienate too much of the party base.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Moderates may forgive Huntsman for being Secretary of State, but I think it'd alienate too much of the party base.

Does that matter to Huntsman? Think he learned pretty well that the GOP is not going to nominate him to be their presidential candidate.

Odin
11-10-2012, 08:33 PM
It was one thing to be an ambassador, on the other side of the Pacific "serving" the Obama administration. Secretary of State is actually meeting with, conferring with, directly *speaking for* the president.

Does he care anymore though? He's not going to become President.

I think him or Hagel would actually be a decent choice, at least an improvement on Hillary and iirc he was kind of on board with the anti-nation building thing in the primaries.

Sola_Fide
11-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Haha...Is this how Obama thinks he is triangulating and moving to the "center"?

GeorgiaAvenger
11-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Keep in mind, these so called bipartisan moves are all part of Obama's plan to craft a legacy of somebody who was blocked by obstructionists in his first term, but was able to bring the country together after winning a second term.

There are even rumors Romney may become head of a cabinet or agency having to do with business/finance.

PaleoPaul
11-10-2012, 08:43 PM
There are even rumors Romney may become head of a cabinet or agency having to do with business/finance.
If that happens, that would be such a MAJOR "I told you so!" to the people who claimed there was actually a difference between Obama and Romney.

supermario21
11-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Hagel is not a neocon. However Lugar is definitely one. I feel bad Mourdock opened his mouth and got buried for it because he was a great candidate, especially on fiscal issues. He thought the Ryan plan didn't go far enough and made a budget that cut 7 or so trillion over 10 years!

Giuliani was there on 911
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Keep in mind, these so called bipartisan moves are all part of Obama's plan to craft a legacy of somebody who was blocked by obstructionists in his first term, but was able to bring the country together after winning a second term.

There are even rumors Romney may become head of a cabinet or agency having to do with business/finance. if that ever happened i'd LMAO

GeorgiaAvenger
11-10-2012, 09:04 PM
If that happens, that would be such a MAJOR "I told you so!" to the people who claimed there was actually a difference between Obama and Romney.

And define a difference between him and Paul, would probably eliminate Romney's job.

Secretary of Commerce and Secretary of Business(I believe Obama wants to create this, if not is may refer to the SBA) have been mentioned.

sailingaway
11-10-2012, 10:40 PM
I think we need to bring up that video again. Maybe not. But heck, it still steams me.

oyarde
11-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Romney can have whatever he wants , but , only if Huntsman and Dick wash my truck :)

angelatc
11-10-2012, 11:52 PM

Seriously? You forgetting that Patreus was "Betray Us?"

ETA: Or do you mean the GOP base?

EIther way, I think Huntsman is saner than Hillary, and might be a good fit there.

thequietkid10
11-11-2012, 12:04 AM

Sounds like one of those internet rumors that NEVER come true. Although what could be better then seeing the Democratic President and the Republican nominee go down in flames together.

Odin
11-11-2012, 05:21 AM
Hagel is not a neocon. However Lugar is definitely one. I feel bad Mourdock opened his mouth and got buried for it because he was a great candidate, especially on fiscal issues. He thought the Ryan plan didn't go far enough and made a budget that cut 7 or so trillion over 10 years!

Hagel did a very good job of holding Bush admin officials accountable in the hearings. He absolutely ribbed them at times.

jkob
11-11-2012, 05:44 AM
Huntsman may as well change his party and run for president in 2016 as a democrat, dems love him for whatever reason

VBRonPaulFan
11-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Huntsman may as well change his party and run for president in 2016 as a democrat, dems love him for whatever reason

dems love him for the same reason that most repub's can't stand him - he's a liberal. he just doesn't want people to think he is.

Smart3
11-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm comfortable with this option. Since Rice is horrible and Kerry, while qualified, would give his seat in the Senate to some imbecile.

supermario21
11-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Actually Scott Brown could probably win John Kerry's senate seat.