PDA

View Full Version : DARE curriculum drops pot

DerailingDaTrain
11-10-2012, 11:56 AM
KENNEWICK, Wash. -The students who graduated Monday from Kennewick's DARE program will be the last to be taught the potential dangers of marijuana.

Nearly 100 fifth graders at Sunset View Elementary accepted their diplomas after the ten week course, which discourages kids from tobacco, alcohol, and drugs. But DARE officer Mike Meyer says the national dare organization has removed the discussion of marijuana from the curriculum.

"The new curriculum starts as of December for us here in Kennewick. It does not bring up the subject of marijuana at all."

Meyer has been Kennewick's DARE officer for six years. He says he devotes an entire lesson on marijuana.

Meyer says he doesn't know why the national parent organization that oversees the DARE program has deleted marijuana from the program.

On Tuesday, Voters in Washington State decide Initiative 502, which would regulate and tax sales of marijuana. If passed, the measure faces a possible court challenge by the Justice Department.

The Washington State Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs opposes the Initiative 502.

http://www.kndu.com/story/20006739/d

tod evans
11-10-2012, 11:58 AM
This is really good news!

Now, how to combat over 20 years of bullshit propaganda that they've been teaching kids...

jkob
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
the tide is turning

youngbuck
11-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Nice! This is surprisingly good news that I did not see coming. Now it's time for the damned DEA to drop it from their "curriculum."

Dr.3D
11-10-2012, 12:13 PM

Now, how to combat over 20 years of bullshit propaganda that they've been teaching kids...
I remember some kids that had those "classes". They told me, after going through that class and then smoking some pot, they figured the entire thing was propaganda and dismissed all of it. I believe those classes do more harm than good when they lie about marijuana.

tod evans
11-10-2012, 12:19 PM
I remember some kids that had those "classes". They told me, after going through that class and then smoking some pot, they figured the entire thing was propaganda and dismissed all of it. I believe those classes do more harm than good when they lie about marijuana.

You need look no further than your closest police dept. or federal building to find the people who believed every word of it...

And they're the ones with full auto weapons and APC's:eek:

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2012, 12:23 PM
But... but... I was told it was the gateway drug to crack and meth!

John F Kennedy III
11-10-2012, 12:25 PM
You need look no further than your closest police dept. or federal building to find the people who believed every word of it...

And they're the ones with full auto weapons and APC's:eek:

Yep :(

John F Kennedy III
11-10-2012, 12:27 PM

I'm stoned right now and I'm not thinking about trying crack or meth. I want some Subway. Who's coming with? I got $5 on it.

presence
11-10-2012, 12:29 PM
We're watching a social revolution.

Dr.3D
11-10-2012, 12:29 PM
More like people who can't get it are more likely to try something they can get easier.

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2012, 12:31 PM
I've always wanted to try weed but I'm just not big on the inhalation of smoke. I might try to eat it in brownies or something if I knew someone who could make them for me. I don't really know anyone personally that does it. Or at least they're not particularly vocal about it.

Cleaner44
11-10-2012, 12:35 PM

I always laugh at the gateway theory. Here is my counter pitch...

Did you know that over 90% of methheads, crackheads, heroin and cocaine addicts used to eat breakfast cereal as kids and that they had milk in their cereal? Milk is clearly the gateway to drug addiction! Just say NO to milk!

Stupid cows with their sweet teets are killing the youth of America.

AGRP
11-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Drop it all.

Drug treatment =/= Kidnapping people and throwing them in a cage.

Drug treatment = Treating people with love and respect.

tod evans
11-10-2012, 12:37 PM

I really hope so!

Been rooting for this over 35 years I just don't see the deeply entrenched members of the "Just-Us" system giving up the cash-cow of prohibition so easily...

tod evans
11-10-2012, 12:39 PM

I've done major quantities of both and in my opinion the propaganda is worse than the dope, certainly the legal consequences are!

AGRP
11-10-2012, 12:45 PM

Did you know that over 90% of methheads, crackheads, heroin and cocaine addicts used to eat breakfast cereal as kids and that they had milk in their cereal? Milk is clearly the gateway to drug addiction! Just say NO to milk!

It actually all started with the gateway drug of amniotic fluid. It leads to breast milk/baby formula and then whole foods. Next thing you know the child will be chewing on crayons which then leads to herbs. The war on drugs can be won as soon as we train law enforcement to arrest and drain the amniotic fluid located within the uterus of pregnant women.

QuickZ06
11-10-2012, 12:46 PM

THIS!!! And then the other 10% that did not eat cereal grow up to be cereal killers. Its all got to stop. FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

BSWPaulsen
11-10-2012, 02:48 PM

I hope that's sarcasm.

Most of the pro-legalization advocates I speak to only want marijuana legalized. The rest are "too dangerous" and "need to be controlled". Convincing them to let the Drug War die is damn near a lost cause.

But alas... The fight goes on.

Confederate
11-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I've always wanted to try weed but I'm just not big on the inhalation of smoke. I might try to eat it in brownies or something if I knew someone who could make them for me. I don't really know anyone personally that does it. Or at least they're not particularly vocal about it.

Vaporize.

acptulsa
11-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Apparently they used up all the lies they could think of about the stuff. Every bad thing they could dream up to slander it with has been disproven except (perhaps) the demotivation argument.

Sprinkle it over a frozen pizza--not one of those seven minute wonders, but something that stays in the oven for fifteen-twenty minutes. Don't put any more on than you would oregano, or it'll be too strong a flavor--and too strong period.

Milk leading to meth-, or any other -amphetamines? Ha, no. A sugar overdose as a gateway to speed? Oh hellz yeah. Laugh all you want.

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Vaporize.

Which would be what... putting it in a humidifier or something?

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Either way I wouldn't know where to find any.

Occam's Banana
11-10-2012, 03:06 PM
I've always wondered how significant a factor DARE (& all such propaganda) might be in inducing its audience to try drugs.

After all, tell people (especially kids & teens) they shouldn't do something 'cause it's "bad" ...

Confederate
11-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Which would be what... putting it in a humidifier or something?

I believe you just heat the marihuana up enough so that the THC in it vaporizes. Nothing is burned so you have no smoke.

Confederate
11-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Just ask some youths on the street.

jmdrake
11-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Nice! This is surprisingly good news that I did not see coming. Now it's time for the damned DEA to drop it from their "curriculum."

I got a better idea. Drop the DEA.

John F Kennedy III
11-10-2012, 07:59 PM
We got $5 on everything man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnoFwP2gavw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

presence
11-10-2012, 09:06 PM

http://www.seedbankupdate.com/su.html

donnay
11-10-2012, 09:12 PM

DARE is the very ones showing the kids what drugs to use!

Origanalist
11-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I really hope so!

Been rooting for this over 35 years I just don't see the deeply entrenched members of the "Just-Us" system giving up the cash-cow of prohibition so easily...

No, they aren't just going to lay down and give up.

Dr.3D
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
DARE is the very ones showing the kids what drugs to use!
They give the kids bogus information about pot and when the kids try it and find out how much bull crap they were told they tend to believe all of what they were told about all of the different drugs was bull crap.

AFPVet
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Good. Cannabis is now legal in two states... why shouldn't it be dropped from DARE? Cannabis isn't anymore a "street drug" than alcohol. The people who drink beer and slam pot are hypocrites.

AGRP
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I've always wondered how significant a factor DARE (& all such propaganda) might be in inducing its audience to try drugs.

After all, tell people (especially kids & teens) they shouldn't do something 'cause it's "bad" ...

This is a valid theory that has been floating around for a while. Not only because its "bad", but they are creating awareness about its existence.

AGRP
11-12-2012, 06:00 PM
They give the kids bogus information about pot and when the kids try it and find out how much bull crap they were told they tend to believe all of what they were told about all of the different drugs was bull crap.

But, alcohol is ok when you are of age...even though its effects are just as bad if not much worse than the drugs were talking about.