PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional Conservatism or Die (southernavenger)

nobody's_hero
11-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Okay I have to temporarily postpone my previous frustration with Jack Hunter here because he absolutely nails it in this piece. So just take a listen, I've already shared it with my Romney-supporting Uncle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD-uwTTP67s&feature=player_embedded

Travlyr
11-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Gotta agree with that Jack. "The lesson of 2012 is that the Republican Party must truly become the limited government party it has always pretended to be or it will die. And if it does, it will deserve it."

Lucille
11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
If you'd rather read it:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/back-to-constitutional-conservatism/

A platform of constitutionally limited government, individual freedom, and personal responsibility could provide fresh answers to the old questions that now impede the GOP’s electoral success. This is not a departure from conservatism but a return to it.

Or the Republican Party can keep recycling Bush-isms—promising more government, war, and less freedom. Constitutional conservatism is the way forward. Conservatism defined as simply hating Democrats will remain a ticket to nowhere.

Judging from the navel gazing by the FOX pundits, and at HotAir and elsewhere, that in bold is exactly what they think they need to do.

NewRightLibertarian
11-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Gotta agree with that Jack. "The lesson of 2012 is that the Republican Party must truly become the limited government party it has always pretended to be or it will die. And if it does, it will deserve it."

Not according to the opinion makers. The Republican Party must be more moderate! The tea party (which was considered dead a week before according to them) immediately became completely powerful and Republican losses were clearly a repudiation of liberty.

Czolgosz
11-10-2012, 04:58 PM
The current GoP will change when the current owners are 6 feet under.

Travlyr
11-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Not according to the opinion makers. The Republican Party must be more moderate! The tea party (which was considered dead a week before according to them) immediately became completely powerful and Republican losses were clearly a repudiation of liberty.

Is that what MSM is saying?

heavenlyboy34
11-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Let the GOP die a well-deserved death.

AGRP
11-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Two parties. One teleprompter.

heavenlyboy34
11-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Two parties. One teleprompter. LOLZ :D

NewRightLibertarian
11-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Is that what MSM is saying?

Those are the themes I've been picking up on.