PDA

View Full Version : Romney Repudiation Examples

MozoVote
11-10-2012, 09:10 AM
So, I can be a bit of a data geek at times. But here are some things that were kind of eye opening in the results of my county.

Now, Romney lost badly here in Mecklenburg, so I looked at just the Republican-to-Republican comparisons to get a feel for what voters were doing. There are 195 precincts here.

There are 26 precincts where the leading GOP County Commission candidate got more votes than Romney.

There are 149 where the GOP Lieutenant governor candidate got more votes than Romney.

There are 169 where the GOP state Commissioner of Agriculture got more votes than Mitt Romney.(This is NOT a rural county!!)

And saving the best for last .... :D

We have a state Auditor GOP candidate (Debra Goldman) that has been in a local news fiasco for siding with Democrats on a county school board (her only political experience, for just the past 2 years) that allegedly had an affair with another member of that school board, and may have filed a false police report to scam her insurance company. Oh, and she is not even a CPA, which might be a good thing for a State Auditor. :rolleyes: This got so bad, that even the GOP candidate for governor scrubbed her name off his website of endorsements, due to reporters hounding him about it...

Even she got 44 precincts with more votes than Romney and has 94% of his vote totals (excluding absentees).

:eek:

I mean. Seriously. This is weird. Normally votes for president dominate the results, and the down ticket races trail off. I really have to think people were deliberately avoiding voting for Romney.

CPUd
11-13-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm expecting some of these numbers they are throwing around will be revised when the results begin to be certified. Like the 12 million who didn't vote this time, some of that is not people who didn't go to the polls- it's people who went to the polls and didn't vote for President.

Origanalist
11-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Can't wait for all the numbers to be completely analyzed, I hope you are on to a trend.

thoughtomator
11-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Romney = Obama. Ron Paul voters aren't the only ones who figured it out (it wasn't exactly difficult).

MozoVote
11-14-2012, 07:08 AM
It's not just Mecklenburg. You can go to the state vote totals, and the Republican Commissioner of Labor and Commissioner of Agriculture got more votes across the state than Romney did.

Future governor Pat McCrory totally blew the doors off Romney's totals. He's a moderate Republican that certainly drew some Democratic votes. Wasn't that Romney's strategy at the end? Run as a "Rockerfeller" Republican? Romney's image became too blurry after so many contradicting statements to pull it off.