PDA

View Full Version : Plea to the Grassroots.

JMO
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
It seems half the threads are about what a bad decision the campaign made. It is your money and you can do what you want. However the campaign knows their financial situation better than you do, they have more experience with these situations than probably every one of us. If you don't want to donate then don't, but realize that in the mind of the campaign you are hurting their chance of winning by waiting until Dec 16th.

Everyday I try and bring up Ron Paul's name to someone new, and almost every time I get the same reaction. Who is Ron Paul? once i educate them on who is Ron Paul they almost always walk away with a positive attitude towards Ron Paul. However there is many people out there who don't know who Ron Paul is, and come election day will not vote for him out of ignorance, these people need to be aware who he is. Also consider the later people get the message the less likely they will be able to change party to vote for Ron Paul. The campaign is saying that now is a important time, the word needs to get out and the money would be best spent now compared to later. Waiting until later in the campaigns mind will lose us votes. The media attention on Dec 16th in their opinion will be too late because most people have made up their mind. I can understand that reasoning because my mind is made up, and anything short of some incredible evidence will a commercial change my mind. However there is many people who have not made up their mind, but everyday that number shrinks. The campaign did not ask for anyone to give the money before Nov 5th, but they are now asking for people to do so.

Myself because of being dead broke it's not a option to give now, so Dec 16th is my only option. My point is that if you wish to give now, Dec, or not at all is your choice. But don't flame the campaign for asking people to do what they think would improve their chance to win the presidency, your pride is not what's important here, whats important is winning the presidency, and the campaign is saying the chances are increased with the cash now.

Good luck everyone, and think logically and do what you think is best for you and the campaign, but don't flame the campaign for saying what they think is best for the campaign, and they have the benefit of more experience and more information at their disposal than we do. Don't let your own personal desire and pride get in the way of a Ron Paul presidency, saying I won this argument won't mean anything if we walk away with a loss. Don't do your best Leon impersonation and say my teammates should of fell on one of my six fumbles.

sgrooms
11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
amen

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
yeah, the teaparty will be fine, but honestly we're only reacting like this cause we lost sight of the goal, get ron pau in office not continually making "statements" it's not just this, but the continual swarming and flooding of mail boxes... non of this serves the goal.

THe teaparty will be fine, but we here to support ron paul, not the guiness world records book.

Brian Bailey
11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
A Donation Today Helps the Tea Party (http://www.paulunteer.com/2007/11/20/a-donation-today-helps-the-tea-party/)