PDA

View Full Version : Tea Partiers Celebrate Victories, Say Romney-Ryan Ticket Was Too Moderate

sailingaway
11-09-2012, 11:22 PM
While some are arguing Tuesday night’s election returns signaled a repudiation of the conservative “tea party” wave that swept the nation in the years immediately following the 2008 election, leaders and insiders within the movement insist they're not going away anytime soon.

“The phrase ‘tea party’ became a catch-all term for a lot of different things; but if you look at the liberty movement, the one started by Congressman Ron Paul in 2007/2008, we’re seeing more excitement than ever,” Matthew Hawes, vice president of Campaign for Liberty, a libertarian political organization founded by Paul, told Sunshine State News. “We’re seeing a lot of progress.”

more at link: http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/tea-partiers-celebrate-victories-say-mitt-romney-paul-ryan-ticket-was-too-moderate

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-09-2012, 11:40 PM
While some are arguing Tuesday night’s election returns signaled a repudiation of the conservative “tea party” wave that swept the nation in the years immediately following the 2008 election...I'm getting tired of this narrative that's being pushed. :mad: It really stinks of the GOP establishment. They co-opted our revolution, sabotaged it, and now want to abandon it because it "failed". It's like the fruition of a long-term plan to steer us all back in line.

NewRightLibertarian
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm getting tired of this narrative that's being pushed. :mad: It really stinks of the GOP establishment. They co-opted our revolution, sabotaged it, and now want to abandon it because it "failed". It's like the fruition of a long-term plan to steer us all back in line.

They're not just screwing us though, they're screwing the more establishment tea partiers as well. They are eager to keep spending money and destroying the Constitution.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-09-2012, 11:55 PM
They're not just screwing us though, they're screwing the more establishment tea partiers as well.Would those dummies even care? They seem willing to swallow any kind of BS they are fed, as long as an R wins. Any R. They lined right up behind Romney, the worst candidate in the field from a TP perspective.

Origanalist
11-09-2012, 11:58 PM
The comments reek of statism.

CPUd
11-10-2012, 12:15 AM
LOL what is coming out of the machine right now is a massive dose of cognitive dissonance. This is great, because it just causes more people to turn it off.

parocks
11-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Would those dummies even care? They seem willing to swallow any kind of BS they are fed, as long as an R wins. Any R. They lined right up behind Romney, the worst candidate in the field from a TP perspective.

Romney got fewer votes than McCain or Kerry. I'd say Conservatives did not support Romney. That's us, and that's other tea party.

nobody's_hero
11-10-2012, 05:25 AM
So people didn't vote for Romney because he was 'too far right?'

Riiiigggghhhhhttttt. :rolleyes:

Dick Chaney
11-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Oh really.

randomname
11-10-2012, 06:40 AM
So people didn't vote for Romney because he was 'too far right?'

Riiiigggghhhhhttttt. :rolleyes:

that's what NY Mag & most liberals say, yes. too "Randian" and "radical-right"

http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/gop-denial-2012-11/

Victor Grey
11-10-2012, 06:54 AM
People can't differentiate between the public desires for economic, and civil liberties.

The tea party fails at civil liberties so badly, it really doesn't matter if they are somewhat worthwhile on economic freedoms.

Self-important liberals however, as the commenters in the article, equate that to the majority of individuals strongly supporting government intervention.

Economic freedom is much more viable a campaign platform within to potential voters of their own ranks, than they'd ever like for it to be.

Both parties have simply engaged in a decades long bait-and-switch between civil and economics. As if the two are incompatible instead of being actually, practically thesame.
The democrat will say you can't vote for those republicans, they want to throw gays in jail. Vote for us and support higher taxes.
The republicans will say you can't vote for those democrats, they want cultural marxism. Vote for us and support the drug war.

You're never going to win over hardline political progressive liberals; of course they're going to go on with the as stated "Randian" "racist" "radical" rhetoric. What they mean is this person doesn't support enough welfare programs. Social freedoms are a secondary thing for pandering to them.

Don't really have to win those though. They make up all of 9% of the electorate. Without the reliance on conservatives being social puritans they wouldn't be nearly as influential in american politics.

LibertyEagle
11-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Don't group all the tea partiers together in one big lump. They don't belong there. There were a number of them who stood against Romney and called him out for the big government Rockefeller-Republican that he is.

Seriously, guys, stop alienating them. Many are still low-hanging fruit. But, I will be honest with you. If I was interested in what Ron Paul had been saying and came here and saw the threads hating on the Constitution, calling Thomas Jefferson a neocon, hell, hating all of our Founding Fathers and most everything our country was founded upon, I would have thought I arrived at CP-USA (Communist Party), instead of a site spreading what I thought were Ron Paul's principles, and I would run away from here and Ron Paul as fast as I can.

MozoVote
11-10-2012, 09:30 AM
In my local election, we had a Tea Party / Liberty fusion candidiate for county commission (whom I supported). He got about 10% more votes in his little county commission race than Romney did, in a GOP dominant district.

I really think the fundamental problem was ROMNEY WAS NOT LIKEABLE. Not to moderates, not to conservatives. People could not understand who he was, or what he stood for.

If people TRUSTED Romney, he'd have been getting that extra 10% in a lot more places, and won the battleground states.

sailingaway
11-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Don't group all the tea partiers together in one big lump. They don't belong there. There were a number of them who stood against Romney and called him out for the big government Rockefeller-Republican that he is.

Seriously, guys, stop alienating them. Many are still low-hanging fruit. But, I will be honest with you. If I was interested in what Ron Paul had been saying and came here and saw the threads hating on the Constitution, calling Thomas Jefferson a neocon, hell, hating all of our Founding Fathers and most everything our country was founded upon, I would have thought I arrived at CP-USA (Communist Party), instead of a site spreading what I thought were Ron Paul's principles, and I would run away from here and Ron Paul as fast as I can.

Most here revere Thomas Jefferson and most of our founding fathers (Hamilton not so much.)

I hope people would realize they are seeing a site that in most part tries to mirror the principles of freedom of speech and free market of opinion that Jefferson and our Constitution stand for. Good ideas will come to the top, as long as there isn't some sort of concerted attack team to drive other ideas out, and that is when mods step in, as I see it.

There are a few things we don't allow here, period, but in general we try to let people work things out and sharpen their own wits and gather all information they can.

In my opinion it is why we come to so much more logical answers and perceptions of what is going on. I read the comment section at HuffPo or Fox news and I can't believe people actually buy those simplistic slogans.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I haven't heard from any non-Paulian Tea Partiers. If they're out there, they need to be a lot more vocal in criticizing the GOP.

jbauer
11-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I haven't heard from any non-Paulian Tea Partiers. If they're out there, they need to be a lot more vocal in criticizing the GOP.

The only Tea Partiers that I hadn't already converted still think Rmoney was a great choice. I'd love to hear from another group that thought Rmoney sucked and what they did or who else they supported?

Bastiat's The Law
11-10-2012, 03:57 PM

This, in spades!

It's about addition, not subtraction. Learn that and you got a winning formula.

CPUd
11-10-2012, 05:44 PM

LOL this one just popped in my head : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?395010-Extremely-angry-Romney-supporter

"I was in a Sarah Palin group for 8 years"