PDA

View Full Version : Poll-30 percent of US citizens would submit to body cavity searches by TSA

Anti Federalist
11-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Fed, entertained and exercise petty power over their fellow man.

That's all.

Anybody who tells you that the masses desire and yearn for freedom and liberty is selling you laced Kool-Aid

And before anybody says, "Hey AF, most said no!" let me just say this: that number will be close 100% the minute an asshole or boob bomber blows up a plane.

Poll: Nearly One Third Of Americans Would Accept ‘TSA Body Cavity Search’ in Order to Fly

http://www.infowars.com/poll-nearly-one-third-of-americans-would-accept-tsa-body-cavity-search-in-order-to-fly/

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
November 8, 2012

A new survey commissioned by Infowars and conducted by Harris Interactive has found that almost one third of American adults would accept a “TSA body cavity search” in order to fly, with a majority of Americans also feeling a law that would make disobeying a TSA agent in any public place illegal is reasonable.

The shock results emphasize the level of indignity Americans are willing to tolerate in order to travel.

They also highlight how the TSA’s reputation has remained largely intact despite a series of scandals and widespread criticism from innumerable public figures.

However, on other fronts the poll provides good news for those concerned with how liberties are being lost in the name of stopping terrorism. For example, a clear majority (65%) of American adults feel that TSA pat down policies that in some cases involve TSA agents touching travelers’ genitals are unacceptable.

The survey was conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of Infowars from November 5-7 among 2059 American adults.

American adults were asked the following question as part of the poll;

“Given the recent reports concerning the threat posed by terrorists who plan to implant bombs within their own bodies, how willing, if at all, would you be to undergo a TSA body cavity search in order to fly?”

A total 30% of American adults said they would be “willing” or “somewhat willing” to accept a body cavity search. 57% would be “completely” or “somewhat unwilling” to submit to it and 13% answered “don’t know”.

Although the exact definition was not explained in the question, given that the term “body cavity search” refers to the most intrusive search imaginable, one normally performed on dangerous felons before they go to prison, the fact that almost one third of American adults would submit to such an invasion of their privacy simply to get on a plane is astounding.

Those concerned with how much power has been concentrated into the hands of TSA workers, who are after all federal employees and not police officers, would also be disturbed at the response to the following question;

How reasonable or unreasonable do you feel it is that travelers should be made by law to obey every command given by a TSA agent inside an airport or any other public place given the threat posed by terrorists?

A total 57% of American adults said this was “completely” or “somewhat reasonable”. A minority of 43% said passing a law that would mandate total obedience to a TSA agent was “completely” or “somewhat unreasonable”. Out of that figure, just 16% thought it was “completely unreasonable”.

Surprisingly given their traditional distrust of big government, 60% of Republicans thought it reasonable compared to 64% of Democrats and 46% of Independents.

We recently highlighted the fact that back in 2008, the Department of Homeland Security seriously pursued the idea of making travelers wear electronic shock bracelets that could be activated in the name of incapacitating “terrorists.” In reference to that news story, the survey asked the following question;

In 2008, the Department of Homeland Security expressed an interest in having travelers wear electric shock bracelets that would both track travelers through the airport as well as allow airport officials and flight crews to incapacitate potential terrorists. How willing, if at all, would you be to wear such a bracelet in order to fly?

35% of American adults would be “completely” or “somewhat willing” to wear the shock bracelet, compared to 52% who would be “completely” or “somewhat unwilling”. Republicans were more likely to be willing than Democrats, 41% to 34%.

Given the rash of stories about TSA agents touching travelers’ genitals as part of pat down procedures for those who “opt out” of body scanners, the poll posed the following question;

In some cases, the TSA’s more invasive pat down procedures now include agents touching travelers’ genital area through their clothing. How acceptable, if at all, do you feel this is, considering the potential major threat posed by terrorists?

Despite the fact that this policy is already underway in some instances, a full 65% of American adults found TSA workers touching genitals “completely” or “somewhat unacceptable”. A further 35% of American adults found this “completely” or “somewhat acceptable”. More Republicans than Democrats (12% to 9%) were likely to find this “completely acceptable”.

Asked how the TSA is performing in its screening duties at U.S. airports, 77% of American adults said the federal agency was doing an excellent, good or fair job. 23% of American adults thought the TSA was doing a not very good job or a bad job in its duties. Despite sustained negative media coverage of the agency’s activities, of that latter netcategory, only 9% in total thought the TSA was doing a “bad job”.

More Democrats than Republicans (84% to 73%) responded that they thought the TSA was doing an excellent, good or fair job.

The results of this poll again underscore how ignorant many Americans remain of their rights at airports and other transport hubs where TSA agents are present. The results also clearly indicate that a substantial portion of Americans, around one in three, are willing to tolerate virtually any indignity if it is performed in the name of safety and security.

Click here for the survey results in full.

kathy88
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm sick of fighting for these fucktards.

NewRightLibertarian
11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all. At least 30 percent of the population is too far gone and completely beyond redemption. They'd jump off a cliff if big daddy government told them it was a good idea.

Anti Federalist
11-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm sick of fighting for these fucktards.

Me too, which is my larger point.

We should fight for ourselves.

These rest of these assholes can fuck off and die, AFAIC.

Pericles
11-09-2012, 05:05 PM
From the Texas Declaration of Independence (March 2. 1836) - only a few words need ne changed:

When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty and property of the people, from whom its legitimate powers are derived, and for the advancement of whose happiness it was instituted, and so far from being a guarantee for the enjoyment of those inestimable and inalienable rights, becomes an instrument in the hands of evil rulers for their oppression.
When the Federal Republican Constitution of their country, which they have sworn to support, no longer has a substantial existence, and the whole nature of their government has been forcibly changed, without their consent, from a restricted federative republic, composed of sovereign states, to a consolidated central military despotism, in which every interest is disregarded but that of the army and the priesthood, both the eternal enemies of civil liberty, the everready minions of power, and the usual instruments of tyrants.
When, long after the spirit of the constitution has departed, moderation is at length so far lost by those in power, that even the semblance of freedom is removed, and the forms themselves of the constitution discontinued, and so far from their petitions and remonstrances being regarded, the agents who bear them are thrown into dungeons, and mercenary armies sent forth to force a new government upon them at the point of the bayonet.
When, in consequence of such acts of malfeasance and abdication on the part of the government, anarchy prevails, and civil society is dissolved into its original elements. In such a crisis, the first law of nature, the right of self-preservation, the inherent and inalienable rights of the people to appeal to first principles, and take their political affairs into their own hands in extreme cases, enjoins it as a right towards themselves, and a sacred obligation to their posterity, to abolish such government, and create another in its stead, calculated to rescue them from impending dangers, and to secure their future welfare and happiness.
Nations, as well as individuals, are amenable for their acts to the public opinion of mankind. A statement of a part of our grievances is therefore submitted to an impartial world, in justification of the hazardous but unavoidable step now taken, of severing our political connection with the Mexican people, and assuming an independent attitude among the nations of the earth. ......

In this expectation they have been cruelly disappointed, inasmuch as the Mexican nation has acquiesced in the late changes made in the government by General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, who having overturned the constitution of his country, now offers us the cruel alternative, either to abandon our homes, acquired by so many privations, or submit to the most intolerable of all tyranny, the combined despotism of the sword and the priesthood.
It has sacrificed our welfare to the state of Coahuila, by which our interests have been continually depressed through a jealous and partial course of legislation, carried on at a far distant seat of government, by a hostile majority,...........

These, and other grievances, were patiently borne by the people of Texas, untill they reached that point at which forbearance ceases to be a virtue. We then took up arms in defence of the national constitution. We appealed to our Mexican brethren for assistance. Our appeal has been made in vain. Though months have elapsed, no sympathetic response has yet been heard from the Interior. We are, therefore, forced to the melancholy conclusion, that the Mexican people have acquiesced in the destruction of their liberty, and the substitution therfor of a military government; that they are unfit to be free, and incapable of self government.

tod evans
11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
After having to remove my boots to go through Atlanta in 2004 I vowed never again, and I won't.

Some joker wants to stick his fingers up my ass we're going to fight.

presence
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Some joker wants to stick his fingers up my ass we're going to fight.

Generally, the detainee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detainee) is required to manipulate these body parts so that they can be examined.

During manual body cavity searches, body orifices are probed using fingers or the entire hand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_cavity_search

KCIndy
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Those survey results make my head hurt.

How can (according to the numbers given in the article) 57% of respondents be okay with a body cavity search, when in the same survey 65% find the touching of genitals to be unacceptable?

It really, truly makes me wonder how many of these drooling, mouth-breathing couch spuds even realize what a body cavity search IS??

Has the American public really been dumbed down that far? (don't answer that, I'm afraid I already know!) Or is it because those 57% who find it acceptable are just ever-lovin' positive that it would not and could not happen to THEM? Only to the "terrerists" they hear about on TV??

Aw man. We are soooo screwed. :mad::mad:

Philhelm
11-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if many of those fuckwits thought that a cavity search would entail having their teeth checked.

MelissaCato
11-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Who in hell would agree to a thumb us your arse before a flight or even a thumb up your arse at all ? Where do these people come from ?

heavenlyboy34
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
~facepalm~ Oh, Boobus, what am I to do about you?

heavenlyboy34
11-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Those survey results make my head hurt.

How can (according to the numbers given in the article) 57% of respondents be okay with a body cavity search, when in the same survey 65% find the touching of genitals to be unacceptable?

It really, truly makes me wonder how many of these drooling, mouth-breathing couch spuds even realize what a body cavity search IS??

Has the American public really been dumbed down that far? (don't answer that, I'm afraid I already know!) Or is it because those 57% who find it acceptable are just ever-lovin' positive that it would not and could not happen to THEM? Only to the "terrerists" they hear about on TV??

Aw man. We are soooo screwed. :mad::mad:
Yep. The future is mega-fail. :(

Philhelm
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Who in hell would agree to a thumb us your arse before a flight or even a thumb up your arse at all ? Where do these people come from ?

I don't know about a thumb up my ass, but I'd be okay with getting a beejay.

mad cow
11-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I posted on another thread how I had not flown since 1997 because they treated me like cattle,back then,years before 9/11.

This will not change until people stop flying,they can't force us to use Airlines at gunpoint.
If you can get a job that doesn't involve air travel,even if it means a loss in pay,do it.
If you must visit relatives far away,take the time to drive,or maybe meet halfway and check out That location together.
Vacations?See what's available locally,you might be surprised.
Starve the beast.

opal
11-09-2012, 07:16 PM
wheels on the ground.. the only way to travel (though if I won a cruise....)

muh_roads
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM

Starting to feel the same way.

kcchiefs6465
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all. At least 30 percent of the population is too far gone and completely beyond redemption. They'd jump off a cliff if big daddy government told them it was a good idea.
Is that an option? Was it here that I saw the freeze drills at Sky Harbor airport? (Phoenix, AZ) A random pig of a TSA agent told around 20 people who were past security, "Freeze." (With no authority whatsoever to do so) Imagine what percent of that group listened. (100% after a few more commands) Apparently it was a "test" and they were allowed on their way after waiting 2-3 minutes in a motionless pose. Patrick Henry has surely done a 360 by now.

kathy88
11-09-2012, 07:58 PM

How odd...

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

kathy88
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if many of those fuckwits thought that a cavity search would entail having their teeth checked.

That's exactly what I was thinking Phil. Even the fuckwit part. :eek:

sailingaway
11-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Isn't "Harris interactive' an online poll like the new Zogby ones where you opt in?

I hope?

qh4dotcom
11-09-2012, 09:11 PM
You guys all forgot that should the TSA start doing this, they will be performing cavity searches on the Obama supporters....so no need to make a big deal out this....let the Obama supporters experience what they voted for.

Pericles
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
You guys all forgot that should the TSA start doing this, they will be performing cavity searches on the Obama supporters....so no need to make a big deal out this....let the Obama supporters experience what they voted for.

I didn't realize that you were an advocate for "social justice". :D