PDA

View Full Version : Educators Want "The Student Resistance Handbook" Banned

XNavyNuke
11-09-2012, 02:37 PM
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/9/prweb9926433.htm

Not everyone is happy with Soling's assessment of student resistance tactics and his willingness to provide the handbook free of charge to anyone who downloads it. Many parents and educators have objected, insisting the handbook promotes anarchy. Furthermore, they believe if students don't obey rules and have discipline, no one will learn. They also feel the handbook advocates disrespect for authority.

Megan Haney, an Elementary Public School Teacher - Portland, OR. insists, “The release of this Handbook is irresponsible, and frankly - dangerous. If students come across this thing it's going to create a real mess. You're just asking to completely disrupt the school day. This doesn't need to be anywhere around kids.”

Oooh! We love reading "banned books" around our house.

XNN

amy31416
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
In my fantasy library, there exists a banned books wing.

dannno
11-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Wow, how cool would it be to go back in your past and give this book to yourself?

amy31416
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow, how cool would it be to go back in your past and give this book to yourself?

Very cool. I'm doing the next best thing though and putting it in a box that I've started for my daughter of literature/equipment for her education. I'm thinking that it goes in the "middle school" box.

angelatc
11-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Just posted the link on my kids' Facebook pages.