PDA

View Full Version : CO-A real Charlie Foxtrot: raid, gunfight, dogs and a cop dead from "friendly fire".

Anti Federalist
11-09-2012, 01:03 PM
What the fuck? Over.

Lakewood police officer fatally shot in early morning incident

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21963408/search-shooter-near-sloans-lake-over#ixzz2BkoqINJ3

9 November 2012.

LAKEWOOD — A police officer was killed early Friday morning after three suspects were arrested at a Lakewood home a few blocks west of Sloan's Lake, authorities say.

The three suspects were in custody at the time of the fatal shooting; it is unclear who shot the officer, said Steve Davis, Lakewood police spokesman.

Police are investigating whether the officer was killed by friendly fire, he said.

"I caution everyone. That's one scenario," Davis said. "That has not been confirmed."

"It's just like a family. These are the worst of the worst," he said. "You never want to lose one of your people."

The name of the officer, who is a seven-year veteran in his mid-30s, has not been released. The

Map data ©2012 Google - Terms of Use
1900 block of Eaton Street, Lakewood
officer was the first killed in the line of duty in Lakewood's police department history, which dates to 1969.

"We're very involved in getting all the family members notified," Davis said at a 9 a.m. new briefing where he declined to give any more information about the officer. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family."

About 1:45 a.m. Lakewood police were answering a call of a prowler near West 20th Avenue and Fenton Street when they heard shots being fired nearby, said Ty Countryman, Lakewood police spokesman.

Several officers from Lakewood, Denver, Edgewater and the Jefferson County Sheriff's office responded. Police were searching for the source of the gunshots.

Griffin Jory, who lives a few blocks away, said he awoke around 2 a.m. and saw police officers all over the neighborhood.

"I knew they were looking for someone," he said.

Authorities heard shots fired sporadically until they were able to locate the source — a home at 1940 Eaton St.

The officers set up a perimeter around the house, Davis said.

At one point, officers saw a man fire a round from a handgun just outside the home into the air.

Jory said he heard about six gunshots around 3:30 a.m.

Police

Photos Slideshow

View more photos from the scene in Lakewood.
entered the home and arrested three male suspects, Davis said. Their names were not released. Davis said the three had handguns.

Dogs inside the home became "problematic," and became a new focus of attention for police, he said. He was told there were two or three pitbulls in the home.

"That was happening on top of everything that was happening," Davis said.

After the suspects were secured and brought outside the home, a shot was fired, as officers were going back into the home to secure it and deal with the dogs, and the officer, who was outside the home at the time, was shot and killed, he said.

The circumstances of the shooting are currently under investigation. At midmorning Davis said investigators were waiting for a warrant to enter the home. "We're assembling detectives and investigators from many departments" to aid in the investigation, he said.

Lakewood Mayor Bob Murphy, reached by phone, would not identify the officer but said the city's "sympathy and support" were with his family.

"It's a tragic day for the entire city of Lakewood," Murphy said. "Our sympathy is obviously with the family" of the officer.

The shooting happened in Ward Two. Councilwoman Cindy Baroway, who oversees the ward, said she had few details about the incident or the home where it occurred, but added that she had heard no complaints of problems there in the past.

"We're all very sad," she said. "It's very shocking and very tragic."

Jory said normally the neighborhood, on the border of Lakewood and Edgewater with older homes and a few apartments, is quiet.

"It's an awesome neighborhood," he said. "Last night's gunfire is unusual but not unheard of."

Other neighbors echoed that.

Ben Orron said he heard as many as six gunshots.

"It woke me up. It was two or three — pop, pop — real quick," he said. " Then a pause, then two or three more."

Orron said he didn't realize what had happened until he went outside later in the morning.

Angel Marquez lives across the street.

"All I head was boom, boom, boom, boom, boom."

He said the noise woke up his four young children. They all huddled in the living room, too scared to look outside.

Marquez added: "It's just crazy to have that kind of crime happen out here."

tod evans
11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Watch, somehow this'll get twisted to be about reefer...

Anti Federalist
11-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Watch, somehow this'll get twisted to be about reefer...

Now legal in CO.

tod evans
11-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Now legal in CO.

I know that's why I said it'd be spun to demonize weed.

AGRP
11-09-2012, 04:35 PM
After the suspects were secured and brought outside the home, a shot was fired, as officers were going back into the home to secure it and deal with the dogs, and the officer, who was outside the home at the time, was shot and killed, he said.

Dont police always secure premises before taking on secondary actions such as bringing suspects outside of the home?

Pericles
11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
OTOH, the total failure of the public school system to treach anyone anything useful is not totally without certain advantages to us. Incompetence will be inculcated in public employees, which makes their ability to come after us more difficelt to execute with skill.

youngbuck
11-12-2012, 10:50 AM
It has been determined that the officer was definitely killed by friendly fire. I feel bad for his family, but not for him or the retard that shot him.

youngbuck
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
http://kdvr.com/2012/11/09/lakewood-officer-killed-in-friendly-fire-incident/

“Meanwhile you’ve got many officers taking up positions around the house, in the back of the house, in neighboring yards,” Davis said.

Officer Davies was in the backyard of the house and “there were other officers on the other sides of the fence and he was mistaken,” Davis said. “He was seen and mistaken for an assailant with a gun.”

Davis said the officer that shot Davies gave several verbal commands to him but that Davies did not respond. “Officer Davies was, I’m sure, confused by being a police officer in uniform. He probably didn’t think he was the one being addressed, and then the shots were fired.” Davis said.

So, even if it was an "assailant with a gun," does that automatically warrant shooting him THROUGH A FENCE?! I don't feel sorry for these incompetent, uniformed thugs for a split second. It could have just as easily been an armed property owner who was, perhaps, hard-of-hearing, or didn't believe the guy barking commands on the other side of the fence was an officer. He'd then be summarily "mundaned" in the same manner.

fisharmor
11-12-2012, 10:59 AM
It has been determined that the officer was definitely killed by friendly fire. I feel bad for his family, but not for him or the retard that shot him.

Yeah, I can't bring myself to be sorry for any of them.
When these guys show even an iota of remorse over Jose Guerena or Aiyana Jones, then I'll rethink my position.
Until then, well, they sowed the wind, and I'm not real broken up about their having to reap the whirlwind.

Origanalist
11-12-2012, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA67y3mqjMs&feature=player_detailpage

enjerth
11-12-2012, 11:31 AM
I just have to wonder... is the investigation going to reveal that "the officers acted in accordance with policy" this time, or not?