PDA

View Full Version : Peace out

Beerhall Agitator
11-20-2007, 04:11 PM
The campaign has plenty of money right now, but they foolishly believe that they must maintain a $5 million cash reserve at all times. This shows a lack of faith in the grassroots,.Even the new york times commented on it's tightfisted actions today -- most politicians immediately spend what they bring in to keep momentum going and increase donations by reaching new people. Until the campaign starts outlining how they are spending the money, and more importanlty, starts airing some ads nationally and showing something for our donations, I will not be donating to them. I will still support Paul 100%, but use the money myself instead of putting it into the hands of the miserly campaign bureaucrats.

terlinguatx
11-20-2007, 04:17 PM

dircha
11-20-2007, 04:25 PM
You just started a thread on this and we were discussing your comments there.

The campaign is spending money on advertising in early states. The early focus was on New Hampshire and Iowa. Now they are expanding this to other early states. Initially they ran radio ads. Now they are expanding to television ads.

These television ad runs cost millions of dollars.

You say you believe that the campaign is holding on to the money rather than spending it. The opposite is the case. They have spent millions of dollars on advertising as they have explained in this and previous communications since November.

The campaign now anticipates needing to spend millions more on advertising in Iowa and New Hampshire this quarter. And they must schedule and pay for this advertising now. This is exactly what we wanted and expected them to do with the money. We expected them to get the message out through advertising in the early states where we must do well. And this is exactly what they are doing.

All of this is outlined in the email from the campaign. I don't understand your objection.

ItsTime
11-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I heard a radio ad every 15 mins for the better half of 2 hours today the money is being well spent in New Hampshire. If you think 8 million is enough to run a national campaign you are wrong.

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 04:27 PM
The campaign has plenty of money right now, but they foolishly believe that they must maintain a $5 million cash reserve at all times. This shows a lack of faith in the grassroots,.Even the new york times commented on it's tightfisted actions today -- most politicians immediately spend what they bring in to keep momentum going and increase donations by reaching new people. Until the campaign starts outlining how they are spending the money, and more importanlty, starts airing some ads nationally and showing something for our donations, I will not be donating to them. I will still support Paul 100%, but use the money myself instead of putting it into the hands of the miserly campaign bureaucrats.

You think Ron Paul jumping from 1% to 8% in New Hampshire "just happened", even though yard signs were all over the place for months?

No, the reason that happened is because of the official campaign: television and radio advertisements.

Please re-think.

DrNoZone
11-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Man, some RP supporters have thin skin and are really rather short-sighted.

NewEnd
11-20-2007, 04:28 PM
I heard a radio ad every 15 mins for the better half of 2 hours today the money is being well spent in New Hampshire. If you think 8 million is enough to run a national campaign you are wrong.

teh email wasn't talking about a national campaign, and the date, dec 16th isnt a big deal in a bnational campaign. They mentioned NH and Iowa. They have plenty of money to get the job done in those two states.

If the problem isn't NH and Iowa, then they can wait until Dec 16th.

dircha
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I'll probably save my money to print up some flyers or something.

What on earth? Why would you do this? We need to either win one of or do extremely well in the majority of early states. As you, like myself, are not a resident of an early state, the very most important thing we can do for the campaign right now is contribute to fund advertising in these critical early states.

If we do not perform well in these states, the party is over.

Your flyers in your home state are important to increase our base of support, but that will make no difference if we do not get the message out in the early states.

This is why the campaign has, as they have told us, already spend millions of dollars in ad campaigns in these states. And why they are now telling us that they believe they will need to spend millions and millions more on ad campaigns before the end of December, which they must purchase and schedule long before.

Wyurm
11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Man, some RP supporters have thin skin and are really rather short-sighted.

All the more reason to not send out negative emails right? The campaign needs the "thin-skinned" peoples money as well, like it or not.

RegularRon
11-20-2007, 04:32 PM
No offense Beerhall, but you sound like some kid that just heard his favorite band sold over 10,000 copies and according to the kid, "they have sold out". (Being that there is a lot of college kids on this board, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about)

Relax man, they are doing well with the money. I'm not worried. We need to place or win in Iowa, and N.H. and then onto S.C. So of course they are being tight-fisted. That's what I want to hear. It shows what the Doc is going to do as President.

Don't bow out now. Don't pull a 15 year old and say "I liked Dr. Paul before it was cool". Because if that's what we are suppose to do, to be "true". Then I would have bowed out the day he annouced he was running for President.

hard@work
11-20-2007, 04:34 PM

You should change your name to just "Agitator" and drop that support level to about 65%.

K1RBY
11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
they had 5.5mill on hand at end of last Q..then they have collected 8M more so far this Q.

...thats 13.5M ...i know they have not spent even 1/2 of that.
and if they have, they havent said how/where.

besides, nomatter what they spend, the media doesnt give notice.
the only thing that will make them talk, is the money bombs...so thats how we have decided to do it.

dircha
11-20-2007, 04:39 PM
teh email wasn't talking about a national campaign, and the date, dec 16th isnt a big deal in a bnational campaign. They mentioned NH and Iowa. They have plenty of money to get the job done in those two states.

If the problem isn't NH and Iowa, then they can wait until Dec 16th.

Why are you saying this? You are directly contradicting the explicit message from the official campaign, based on nothing but intuition.

The message says, unambiguously, that the campaign expects to need to spend all of the money they have raised so far on advertising in New Hampshire and Iowa between now and the end of December, and they need to pay for and schedule these ad for the rest of the year within the next 2 weeks.

Any money they do not have in the next 2 weeks, can not be used to continue to fund this absolutely necessary ad campaign in New Hampshire and Iowa.

Again, the campaign expects to need to spend all of the money they have raised so far on advertising in New Hampshire and Iowa. If you say otherwise, you are directly undermining the message and winning strategy of the official campaign.

dircha
11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
they had 5.5mill on hand at end of last Q..then they have collected 8M more so far this Q.

...thats 13.5M ...i know they have not spent even 1/2 of that.
and if they have, they havent said how/where.

besides, nomatter what they spend, the media doesnt give notice.
the only thing that will make them talk, is the money bombs...so thats how we have decided to do it.

K1rby,

Please read the email from the official campaign again. They say explicitly that they expect to need to spend ALL of the money they have raised so far between 3rd and 4th quarter on advertising in New Hampshire and Iowa in order to perform well enough in those two critical states. They need to buy and schedule these ad spots through the end of December in the next two weeks.

Donate now, and on the 16th if you can afford it.

NewEnd
11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Why are you saying this? You are directly contradicting the explicit message from the official campaign, based on nothing but intuition.

The message says, unambiguously, that the campaign expects to need to spend all of the money they have raised so far on advertising in New Hampshire and Iowa between now and the end of December, and they need to pay for and schedule these ad for the rest of the year within the next 2 weeks.

Any money they do not have in the next 2 weeks, can not be used to continue to fund this absolutely necessary ad campaign in New Hampshire and Iowa.

Again, the campaign expects to need to spend all of the money they have raised so far on advertising in New Hampshire and Iowa. If you say otherwise, you are directly undermining the message and winning strategy of the official campaign.

I was just retorting to your premise that this is a ntional campaign problem, when the email said the problem was due to tthe timing of NH and Iowa.

winning strategy of the official campaign.

the official campaign is not the one with the winning strategy.

the grassroots campaign is the one making the magic happen.

Corydoras
11-20-2007, 08:26 PM
They have to keep meeting payroll throughout their entire campaign while they advertise in NH and IA. I think that's what the "reserve" is about.

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 08:28 PM
The fact of the matter is that the campaign is using their money wisely! They are not wildly spending it away. I think that they are going to go all out for Iowa and NH in December!