PDA

View Full Version : With less than 2 years left, we must.......

LibertyPA
11-09-2012, 09:58 AM
There is less than 2 years left until the next election that changes (or keeps) people in Congress.

My general question to everyone here is.....so what are we going to be doing in these next two years?
What can be done or what will we be hoping for - trying to alter Congress to a group of people who follow the Constitution?
While 2016 is a great time to think about things, 2014 needs attention too....and needs it first.

I look forward to your words!

supermario21
11-09-2012, 10:00 AM
With a very wide-open map in terms of Democratic senators being up for re-election, we should probably pick no more than 3 or 4 Senate seats to really focus on. North and South Carolina are ripe because of their conservatism and unpopular incumbents. Montana could work because the national party might not go after Baucus but it is a very libertarian state. Virginia with Ken Cuccinelli would also be a good idea for starters.

CaptUSA
11-09-2012, 10:00 AM
I think we all agree. The national election is over. I think we need to start using our state forums to discuss our efforts.

ETA: and when we find a high value target with good potential, we can bring it to the general forum for reinforcements.

Travlyr
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Ron Paul is heading up Campaign For Liberty. I'm following his lead and joining my State Chapter.

LibertyPA
11-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I think we all agree. The national election is over. I think we need to start using our state forums to discuss our efforts.

ETA: and when we find a high value target with good potential, we can bring it to the general forum for reinforcements.

A good idea Capt -- while the states need to find their local people, I agree it needs to be brought to the General Forum -- because, even if it wasnt the true intent, these Senators (and House members) are causing change in states for other people around the country -- they need our support (and $) even if they are not in our own state.

Sounds like a great plan -- I am glad I found this forum just in time before the general election and now have 2 years of finding the next group of people to support in 2014

Odin
11-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Need to make a big effort this election cycle. The last two years we've put about 4 friendly senators in if I'm counting right (Rand, Lee, Cruz, Flake). That's essentially 4 more than we had 2 years ago, although there were some Republicans who were better than others like DeMint.

tangent4ronpaul
11-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Any of these folks look good?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_United_States_Senators_by_age

88yo Frank Lautenberg (D) NJ
88yo Daniel Inouye (D) HI
88yo Daniel Akaka (D) HI
80yo Richard Lugar ( R) IN
79yo Dianne Feinstein (D) CA
79yo Chuck Grassley ( R) IA
78yo Orrin Hatch ( R) UT
78yo Richard Shelby ( R) AL
78yo Carl Levin (D) MI

75yo Jay Rockefeller (D) WV

72yo Harry Reid (D) NV

71yo Barbara Boxer (D) CA

71yo Bernie Sanders (D) VT

It's interesting to note that if we had a mandatory retirement age for Senators of 65yo, it would clear out just under half of them...

-t

A bunch of these Senators should be dead already...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States#Life_expectancy_ at_birth

Life expectancy at birth

total population: 78.11 years
male: 75.65 years
female: 80.69 years (2010 est.)

Uriah
11-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Lugar has already been ousted. He lost in his primary.