PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek cover celebrates the post-racial president's reelection

Lucille
11-09-2012, 09:19 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/A7NFNZjCcAA9wiv1.jpg
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/yes-this-is-the-obama-cover-for-newsweeks-post-election-issue/

Frum's title is a twofer: ageist and racist! I wonder why he's celebrating the alleged demographic death of the party he claims to belongs to.

"Lucky General or Master of the Game?" How about Captain of the USS Titanic? A Pyrrhic victory if there ever was.

So my libertarian brother, who has bipolar and is currently in his local hospital's psychiatric wing because he was feeling suicidal, had group therapy yesterday and the shrink (a young, white prog) started talking about the election and how great it is that whites are headed to minority status. The others agreed. Not sure how blatant racism and talking politics in hyper-divided era is therapeutic, but that's another issue. He was pretty appalled, said as a libertarian he voted for Johnson and that we look at people as individuals, and said he believed what MLK Jr. said: That we should judge people by the content of their character, and not by the color of their skin.

I don't like where this is going. How soon before they're loading all of us white devils on the trains, I wonder.

AuH20
11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
The middle cannot hold. America is going to turn into the Balkans at this rate. If you think white people as a whole are going to sit back and wilfully be scapegoated, ridiculed and demonized for merely the pallor of the skin, I have a bridge to sell you. You can only push people so far, until their survival instincts kick in. I fear for the future of this country, because ultimately these battles deterriorate into tribal conflicts. And trust me, we do not want that occurring.

supermario21
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
I hate how the whites are the ones labeled racist. They we're the most divided voting bloc this year, next to Cubans.

cajuncocoa
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Newsweek still exists?

RonZeplin
11-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Pushing grandma off of the cliff, because she's an old honky.

Philhelm
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
"GOP: You're Old, You're White, You're History!" Cute, very cute.

Being a heterosexual, white male, I can't help but to feel defensive these days.

*By defacto, I'm not part of a protected group. Gender means female. Race means non-caucasian. Sexual orientation means homosexual.
*If I get divorced, I'll likely have my children and income stripped from me, simply for having an X and a Y chromosome.
*It's socially acceptable to assume that by virtue of my race and gender, that I'm somehow resonsible for every evil that has ever befallen the world.
*Television often portrays men as being stupid, lazy, and weak, often having to rely on the leadership of their wives and girlfriends.
*Television often portrays black men as being strong, cool, and funny, while white men are often cowardly geeks (There are still a lot of negative stereotypes for black men, but I have noticed a trend shift).
*If 90% of African Americans vote for a certain party, it's to be expected, but if a bunch of white guys want lower taxes, it's a racist conspiracy.
*There are fewer scholarships available for my demographic.
*I have to register for the Selective Service, while women don't.
*There are no men's nights at bars.
*Socially, many women expect the man to pay for most things, despite the fact that there are now more women in the workforce.
*If a woman is at a vulnerable time in life, people are more supportive. If a man is at a vulnerable time in life, he is expected to "man up."
*If a 19 year old male has sex with a 17 year old male, he will be a sex offender. If a 40 year old female teacher has sex with a 16 year old male, she'll get a slap on the wrist.
*A man has absolutely no say in the abortion of his own child.

I can go on and on, but the fact of the matter is that there is no equality, nor do people really want equality. It is all about gaining things at the expense of others. I just want to be left alone, but that's not allowed.

cajuncocoa
11-09-2012, 11:47 AM
"GOP: You're Old, You're White, You're History!" Cute, very cute.

Being a heterosexual, white male, I can't help but to feel defensive these days.

*By defacto, I'm not part of a protected group. Gender means female. Race means non-caucasian. Sexual orientation means homosexual.
*If I get divorced, I'll likely have my children and income stripped from me, simply for having an X and a Y chromosome.
*It's socially acceptable to assume that by virtue of my race and gender, that I'm somehow resonsible for every evil that has ever befallen the world.
*Television often portrays men as being stupid, lazy, and weak, often having to rely on the leadership of their wives and girlfriends.
*Television often portrays black men as being strong, cool, and funny, while white men are often cowardly geeks (There are still a lot of negative stereotypes for black men, but I have noticed a trend shift).
*If 90% of African Americans vote for a certain party, it's to be expected, but if a bunch of white guys want lower taxes, it's a racist conspiracy.
*There are fewer scholarships available for my demographic.
*I have to register for the Selective Service, while women don't.
*There are no men's nights at bars.
*Socially, many women expect the man to pay for most things, despite the fact that there are now more women in the workforce.
*If a woman is at a vulnerable time in life, people are more supportive. If a man is at a vulnerable time in life, he is expected to "man up."
*If a 19 year old male has sex with a 17 year old male, he will be a sex offender. If a 40 year old female teacher has sex with a 16 year old male, she'll get a slap on the wrist.
*A man has absolutely no say in the abortion of his own child.

I can go on and on, but the fact of the matter is that there is no equality, nor do people really want equality. It is all about gaining things at the expense of others. I just want to be left alone, but that's not allowed.I'm a 50+ year old heterosexual women who has 2 20-something year old sons, and I've noticed everything you've said above. I worry about the future for my sons and all of the young white heterosexual men in that generation. Discrimination was wrong when this country practiced it against non-Caucasians and against women; it's equally wrong when we swing the pendulum too far in the other direction.

rpfocus
11-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Oh please, take it over to Stormfront.

Lucille
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM

As I said in my negative rep, so if one is troubled by the blatant anti-white racism of the left, then they're the racists? GFY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frFfQsDYeA4).

rpfocus
11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Sorry, but your 'negative rep' means zero to me. I couldn't care less. You're certainly welcome to your opinion, as am I - I believe you have a victim mentality and that you see what you want to see.

Lucille
11-09-2012, 12:31 PM
So you believe I'm seeing racism where none exists? And for that, I should go Stormfront, because I'm the racist? OK then...

cajuncocoa
11-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Sorry, but your 'negative rep' means zero to me. I couldn't care less. You're certainly welcome to your opinion, as am I - I believe you have a victim mentality and that you see what you want to see.Maybe you're not seeing what you refuse to see.

rpfocus
11-09-2012, 12:37 PM
So you believe I'm seeing racism where none exists? And for that, I should go Stormfront, because I'm the racist? OK then...

Ok, yeah, sure, that's exactly what I said. I wont bother wasting your time or mine with further responses. Good luck with the race war.

Lucille
11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Um, rpfocus, I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop accusing me of being racist simply because I'm troubled by the increasing and evidently acceptable racism against white people.

I too believe in what MLK, Jr. said, but I guess judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin just isn't PC.

alucard13mmfmj
11-09-2012, 12:52 PM
"White" can mean surrender or scared... I am sure they can talk their way out of it.

Aratus
11-09-2012, 05:30 PM
the internet tips the delicate political balance more often, now

NewRightLibertarian
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Yep, it's a full scale demonization of white Christians because they are largely what is in the way from America becoming a total tyranny. Not that there aren't minorities who support freedom and the Constitution but look at how many minorities are just mindlessly supporting Obama based upon nothing but the color of his skin. And then they have the nerve to call the people who don't support him a racist! With Obama in power, it isn't hard to see where this is going to end up.

Anti Federalist
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Ah, the joys of the coming global plantation, where race and creed and nationality and culture and everything that makes a human being unique is wiped clean, where the sins of the past are all washed away in a polyglot global orgy of mass consumption, binge spending on a never ending credit wheel toward well regulated and government defined happiness all under the watchful eye of the global surveillance grid.

Pericles
11-09-2012, 09:56 PM
The middle cannot hold. America is going to turn into the Balkans at this rate. If you think white people as a whole are going to sit back and wilfully be scapegoated, ridiculed and demonized for merely the pallor of the skin, I have a bridge to sell you. You can only push people so far, until their survival instincts kick in. I fear for the future of this country, because ultimately these battles deterriorate into tribal conflicts. And trust me, we do not want that occurring.

Jefferson saw it coming 200 years ago.

Why not retain and incorporate the blacks into the State, and thus save the expense of supplying by importation of white settlers, the vacancies they will leave? Deep-rooted prejudices entertained by the whites; ten thousand recollections, by the blacks, of the injuries they have sustained; new provocations; the real distinctions which nature has made; and many other circumstances, will divide us into parties, and produce convulsions, which will probably never end but in the extermination of the one or the other race. [Notes on Virginia, Query XIV, 1782].

Pericles
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Sorry, but your 'negative rep' means zero to me. I couldn't care less. You're certainly welcome to your opinion, as am I - I believe you have a victim mentality and that you see what you want to see.

I only -rep in the most egregious cases, of which I found your conduct to meet or exceed all specifications.

pochy1776
11-09-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/yes-this-is-the-obama-cover-for-newsweeks-post-election-issue/

Frum's title is a twofer: ageist and racist! I wonder why he's celebrating the alleged demographic death of the party he claims to belongs to.

"Lucky General or Master of the Game?" How about Captain of the USS Titanic? A Pyrrhic victory if there ever was.

So my libertarian brother, who has bipolar and is currently in his local hospital's psychiatric wing because he was feeling suicidal, had group therapy yesterday and the shrink (a young, white prog) started talking about the election and how great it is that whites are headed to minority status. The others agreed. Not sure how blatant racism and talking politics in hyper-divided era is therapeutic, but that's another issue. He was pretty appalled, said as a libertarian he voted for Johnson and that we look at people as individuals, and said he believed what MLK Jr. said: That we should judge people by the content of their character, and not by the color of their skin.

I don't like where this is going. How soon before they're loading all of us white devils on the trains, I wonder.

Was it a psychiatrist (who should be qualified in ACTUALLY helping people through Evidence based medicine) or a stupid ass social worker that are just people who could'nt cut it in medicine? Seriously, white people have to grow a damn spine.

tod evans
11-09-2012, 10:46 PM

Got issues there Bud?

NewRightLibertarian
11-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Got issues there Bud?

Some cowards piss their pants at an honest discussion of race. Rpfocus may be one of those types of people (or just a troll).

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-09-2012, 11:38 PM
What some news corporation says doesn't reflect everybody

Occam's Banana
11-10-2012, 01:06 AM

Not to defend Frum in any way, shape or form - the man is vile scum - but it's doubtful he had anything to do with the title or any taglines associated with it.

The editors are generally responsible for that sort of crap ...

... and those editors must be just pleased as punch right now.

Mission accomplished, Newsweek.

John F Kennedy III
11-10-2012, 03:45 AM

They ain't taking my honky ass nowhere!

John F Kennedy III
11-10-2012, 03:58 AM

GO **** YOURSELF!