PDA

View Full Version : Romney "shellshocked" by loss

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-09-2012, 01:30 AM
http://s10.postimage.org/7x6j8fba1/romney_11_7_12_620x350.jpg

(http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57547239/adviser-romney-shellshocked-by-loss/)"There's nothing worse than when you think you're going to win, and you don't," said another adviser. "It was like a sucker punch."

C (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57547239/adviser-romney-shellshocked-by-loss/)oulda had Ron Paul, GOP. Welcome to Irrelvanceville, population: All You Dingdongs.

RickyJ
11-09-2012, 01:40 AM
I don't think he really thought he was going to win. Just a few days before the election he was saying that it was possible that Obama would win. The look on his face with running mate Ryan in Cleavland when he stopped at a Wendy's to get some lunch on the day of the election was not a very confident look at all. I think he kind of knew his chances to win were slim. He was even campaigning in Pennsylvania, a state he had very little chance to win, that was a desperation move because he wasn't making progress in the battle ground states liked he hoped he would.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-09-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't think he really thought he was going to win. Just a few days before the election he was saying that it was possible that Obama would win. The look on his face with running mate Ryan in Cleavland when he stopped at a Wendy's to get some lunch on the day of the election was not a very confident look at all. I think he kind of knew his chances to win were slim. He was even campaigning in Pennsylvania, a state he had very little chance to win, that was a desperation move because he wasn't making progress in the battle ground states liked he hoped he would.

I'm not so sure. It just came out today that Romney had a President-Elect transition site assembled and he had planned a large fireworks stunt in Boston to celebrate his victory. You don't make those sorts of moves if you think your chances are poor.

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Just imagine what it must have been like, waking up early and taking coffee with the mucky-mucks at Bilderberg, having just found out that you had been chosen to be the next President of the United States...then waking up the morning after the election, looking in the mirror, and - <sigh> - still nothing more than a flip flopping douche bag...

Musta been traumatic. Bet he just popped another Blue Pill and went back to sleep for an hour. Bet that was a cast iron bitch.

Sentinelrv
11-09-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm not so sure. It just came out today that Romney had a President-Elect transition site assembled and he had planned a large fireworks stunt in Boston to celebrate his victory. You don't make those sorts of moves if you think your chances are poor.

So does this counter all the people trying to say that Romney secretly planned to lose, or that the GOP or media picked him because he would lose to Obama? I just find that stuff hard to believe, especially when it was so close.

CPUd
11-09-2012, 02:19 AM
LOL @ "intensity and enthusiasm". I think what they meant was "fearmongering"

"But as it turned out, many of those independents were former Republicans who now self-identify as independents." I think what they meant were people who registered Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.

devil21
11-09-2012, 02:22 AM
It'll wear off once he gets his first $250,000 speaking engagement. Losing is worth a lot of money in presidential politics.

CPUd
11-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Oh, check this one out:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-57547044/romneys-presidential-transition-website-surfaces

Shane Harris
11-09-2012, 02:48 AM
still got hundreds of millions? man I feel so bad for him.

S.Shorland
11-09-2012, 02:57 AM
I don't think he has the necessary (for the goldfish people) charisma.Look to the right,tilt head like a five year old 'I care about you and feel your pain.' Look to the left,tilt head like a five year old 'I will give you your country and constitution back.' Although I acted against it every chance I got previously.

Chester Copperpot
11-09-2012, 03:43 AM
He should have read his Ben Franklin. Then he would know not to trade freedom for security as well as planning fireworks until after he won.

Tunink
11-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Rombot does not compute.

LJC4Liberty
11-09-2012, 06:39 AM
It was like a "sucker punch"

Wow, really? Like working 30+ years to spread a message consistently and with honor and integrity ONLY to have your supporters removed and held hostage on buses, rules changed dishoneslty by your fellow party member's lawyer, be publicly ignored by your party in the vote count, and be "honored" with a 2 minute clip for all your efforts.

My heart is bleedin for ya Willard!

MozoVote
11-09-2012, 06:44 AM
I suppose camp Romney really believed the "proper" polling that they were paying for over the amble evidence at RealClearPolitics and Nate Silver that Obama had the advantage. Heck, Romney and Obama split the states exactly as Silver forecast *before* the conventions took place.

Even professional pollsters admit that it's hard to keep bias out of an internal poll. You need to do them double-blind.

Dick Chaney
11-09-2012, 06:50 AM
No he's not, he knew Obama was going to win before the election. It's how the system works...

Bern
11-09-2012, 07:34 AM
"like a sucker punch"

Hey GOP cognoscenti, you reap what you sow. Karma is a bitch, isn't she? You guys sucker punched Ron Paul peeps who played by the rules all primary season long. I give you exactly zero shits over your spilled milk.

wgadget
11-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Amazing how they continue to manage to say all this without even uttering the words RON PAUL, eh?

Badger Paul
11-09-2012, 08:36 AM
We can blame Romney as much as we like and he deserves it. But the Paul campaign shares in the blame too.

Because the official campaign didn't engage the Romney campaign on the issues because we were too busy trying to cut deals with them, they never incorporated parts of our message, which would have helped him a lot and because we never critiqued Romney effectively enough to force their campaign to deal with said critiques, they never had do. They always assumed everything was hunky dory.

The end result is what you saw this fall, a vapid campaign that said nothing and was powered only by Obama hate.

What if Obama hadn't performed badly in the first debate? things could have been a lot worse Tuesday.

We tried to integrate ourselves with them and they simply just swatted us down. We didn't ourselves any good or them for that matter. It was a wasted opportunity.

mport1
11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Man I wish I would have been there to see the looks on their faces. Nothing better than seeing a bunch of psychopathic statists upset that they weren't able to attain the power they were so desperately seeking.

ZENemy
11-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I feel that anyone who watched the primaries would not be shocked in the least.

Not at any moment did I think Obama was going to lose to Romney, Romney was an absolute DISGRACE, everywhere he went (Europe) he was a bumbling fool.

Romney made bush look like Socrates.

affa
11-09-2012, 12:02 PM

Doesn't mean a thing. They plan the transition stuff a long time before the election (you'd have to) and they'd need to do it whether they thought/knew they were going to win or lose. It would be bizarre if they didn't do it. As one of the articles on it points out, transition planning often begins 2 full years (years!) before the actual election.

So no, this doesn't really indicate that he thought he'd win, or that the fix wasn't in. It's just something that is done, regardless. It would be odd if they didn't plan for a transition, that they did is standard operating procedure.

affa
11-09-2012, 12:05 PM
We can blame Romney as much as we like and he deserves it. But the Paul campaign shares in the blame too.

Because the official campaign didn't engage the Romney campaign on the issues because we were too busy trying to cut deals with them, they never incorporated parts of our message, which would have helped him a lot and because we never critiqued Romney effectively enough to force their campaign to deal with said critiques, they never had do. They always assumed everything was hunky dory.

The end result is what you saw this fall, a vapid campaign that said nothing and was powered only by Obama hate.

What if Obama hadn't performed badly in the first debate? things could have been a lot worse Tuesday.

We tried to integrate ourselves with them and they simply just swatted us down. We didn't ourselves any good or them for that matter. It was a wasted opportunity.

What? You're trying to do pretzel twists to blame the Paul campaign for Romney's loss... because they didn't get him to change his message enough?
C'mon. That's just absurd.

Not to mention, the Paul campaign wouldn't necessarily want Romney to win since it would preclude Rand from running for at least 8, and probably 12, years.

Romney never had a chance against Obama. He comes off plastic and sterile and like the groomed silver spoon he is... verses a charismatic incumbent. Heck, just listen to the other primary candidates tell us why Romney could never beat Obama back during the primaries... they were all correct.

That he did as well as he did is only a sign of how divided this nation is, not Romney's core electability.

rpfocus
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Wow, really? Like working 30+ years to spread a message consistently and with honor and integrity ONLY to have your supporters removed and held hostage on buses, rules changed dishoneslty by your fellow party member's lawyer, be publicly ignored by your party in the vote count, and be "honored" with a 2 minute clip for all your efforts.

My heart is bleedin for ya Willard!

Oh God yes. No one has a bigger smile than me at his loss. "The Aye's Have It!"

nobody's_hero
11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
He just needs to watch the foreign policy debate to figure out why he blew it. You have to offer an alternative to your opponent, duh!

I swear, by 2016, if the GOP doesn't figure out that these wars aren't popular anymore, they're about as dense as a lead brick.

Athan
11-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Romney got just over 2 million fewer votes than John McCain.
lol

Aratus
11-09-2012, 02:53 PM
chris christie, hurricane sandy and ron paul are being blamed by some of the mittsters
but lets face it, akin and mourdock only made the tape jimmy carter's grandson bootlegged
onto the net sound worse when it was replayed. rand very nicely went campaigning for
romney, akin and mourdock after the infamous string of gaffes and was supportive of the
ENTIRE gop team just so ron paul could recharge proverbial emotional batteries down in TX
and had the good doctor wanted to, had he directly endorsed gary johnson publically this
would have clipped mitt by 3 to 5 percentage points. rand being younger and not worn out
by the string of primaries rallied rEVOLUTIOn people in N.H + OH without freaking out the
fickle indies. seriously, doctor ron paul ahhh sittin on his own porch helped mitt indirectly as
some of us were dumping on rand for being a team gop player. mitt's gaffes had further 'legs'
after akin + mourdock sounded trapped in the late 1800s in a bad way. mitt got damnedly so
close to the presidency so to be eternally frustratingly a big 'what if' and indeedy ought to
be praised for keeping rick santorum off the gop fall ballot slots. BHO would have smucked thah
sweatervest dude soooooooooooo bad, and its just as well sandusky's trial is over + he faced
justice & the court. rick S was on a charity that had him in the same room as the Penn state perv.

Aratus
11-09-2012, 02:59 PM
duckies... mitt's internals in the last week might have shown a slight dip but this all was a total shock to grassroots mittsters.
mitt romney had solid rassmusen and gallup numbers and the fine edge was in that nagging 3% margin of error. the mrc.com
people are socially networking and about to create or find new homes, and there is three~way division in terms of who they
may back in 2016. the chat at mittromneycentral.com is about to phase out tomorrow and there is a new locale if one desires...

Aratus
11-09-2012, 03:07 PM
He just needs to watch the foreign policy debate to figure out why he blew it. You have to offer an alternative to your opponent, duh!

I swear, by 2016, if the GOP doesn't figure out that these wars aren't popular anymore, they're about as dense as a lead brick.

worse... the 17 year olds were told they could not vote for our potus, as well as the 16 year olds and the 15 year olds. his ideal demographic

was the 18 to 29 year olds as mitt had a boomer "boom" going for him. senior citizens are soon to be 1/4th our nation. BHO had a larger drop

than the GOP did, but he had a better patchwork quilt in terms of the counties that backed him across the nation. the electoral college vote

is lopsided. as old tyme party voting Democrats + Republicans pass away to the hereafter, each four year cycle enfranchises our young. had

we given the vote to all kids upon their 14th birthday, mitt would have been smucked totally. the GOP actually split the 30+ vote with BHO and

did a rather good job at almost gettin' Reagan Democrats to flock back due to mr. mitt's conversion to conservatism via the ghost of the gipper.

supermario21
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
The youth vote isn't a total loss for Republicans. It's something we can seize in the future with Rand, as well. Romney actually won white millenials this time around.

Aratus
11-09-2012, 03:23 PM
the mormons around mitt thought the evangelicals were sitting things out, our uber~catholic rick S in the prrimaries was into freaking fundies,
but evangelicals rallied after billy grahan and his son solidly backed mitt in october and their loose 80 to 20 ratio is like what mormons did too.
folks, the evangelicals were voting for mitt like as if he was pastor huckabee, despite the swarmy slanders rick S savvily let slip in rural areas.
this is the same rick S. who thought JFK's public statements on his own catholicism were quaint and absurd. expect rick S in iowa again soon.

Aratus
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
between you and me, i have catholic relatives, and joe biden's highly moral openly tolerant inner faith is superior
in my mind's eye to even JFK's pragmatic real world realism, and of course Rick S's confusing perplexing militancy

Bastiat's The Law
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
This speaks volumes to the arrogance of the Romney team.

Aratus
11-09-2012, 03:42 PM
both megagroups of fatcats had this being a one to two billion dollar election.
what meg whitman did to california was being done by both sides to good folks
in the battleground states, these swirlingly negative ads. folks are now about
to delight in the sheer direct greed of pure consumerism, if they do have jobs.

anaconda
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM
"Sucker punch" was what he did to the Paul delegations.

anaconda
11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
It'll wear off once he gets his first $250,000 speaking engagement. Losing is worth a lot of money in presidential politics.

I don't think he will be popular on the speaking circuit. And unlike, say, Bill Clinton, he doesn't need the money.

http://www.newsmax.com/getattachment/5131338d-dc49-4f13-a1a7-79b26a3bd6ff/stadium.jpg.aspx

Aratus
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
i hate to say it, i was blaming some of the violence on "W" people who had swung over to mitt before jeb could be ready
and if you want to guess at whether jeb's son or jeb ends up on a ticket, propose the idea to the happy crowd at good
ole intrade, as they are being very nice to the gop folks in their midst who lost on their mittster bets. jeb's son has filed
in texas for some sort of public office, whether it be dog catcher or governor. if mitt was supposed to revvv up the gop
but not quite win, and he was on a fatcat tripwire becuZ karl rove has been perfuming jeb so the "W" or neill ain't talked
about too often, then be kind to the idealistic mittsters who do not know how oiled rick perry's machine was until lil ole
"governor corruption" got tongue~tied by mitt in several debates. jeb verses hillary is sweeping the betting sites neatly.