PDA

View Full Version : The One Issue Paul Could Have Won The Election With

DrHendricks
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
So as we all know, a huge section of the electorate, the uninformed, typically vote based on events in the run up to the election. As we saw with this last election, 7.8% unemployment and appearing bipartisan in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy definitely helped Obama over the finish line. Which got me thinking today of how Paul would have fared in the run up and then it hit me...

Benghazi.

Romney absolutely flopped on this issue. His attempt to criticize Obama in the debate with the entire "scandal" was pathetic to say the least. And then after his attempt failed, just ditched the idea of using it against Obama. Can you imagine Paul in the national debates with that issue? He would have torn Obama to shreds on how his foreign interventionism in Libya got the ambassador and those Navy Seals killed. I think pouncing on that issue and running with it would have easily closed up this election for Paul had he been the nominee [assuming it was close towards the end :) ]. Americans just love a good scandal. I don't want to marginalize human life and use the progressive strategy of "take advantage of every crisis" but it would have been a home run issue for Ron on the extreme dangers we put Americans under with continued involvement overseas. Any thoughts?

Travlyr
11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Ron Paul advocates for "sound" monetary policy. Sound monetary policy is a TOTAL affront to totalitarianism. Nothing Ron Paul could have said or done would have won him the presidency. Jesus himself would not have been able to sway the masses.

Sound money "rings" when dropped on a hard surface. The Feds DO NOT WANT THAT!!!! At any price.