PDA

View Full Version : The Taming of the Tea Party

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
It wasn't a pretty year for the Tea Party movement—unless you were in the Ron Paul wing

http://reason.com/archives/2012/11/08/the-taming-of-the-tea-party

NH4RonPaul
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
The Ron Paul wing is the ONLY tea party....

truthspeaker
11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
It wasn't a pretty year for the Tea Party movement—unless you were in the Ron Paul wing

http://reason.com/archives/2012/11/08/the-taming-of-the-tea-party

They forgot Steve Stockman in TX CD 36.

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 05:18 PM
They forgot Steve Stockman in TX CD 36.

Yeah.

And as NH4RonPaul points out, we WERE the original tea party, and were never coopted. So we still function, and so can the other grass roots if they don't let themselves be led away from their principles by some 'leader' who sounds right but is clearly moving in the wrong direction.

(Herman Cain, I'm looking at you...at the moment.)

DrHendricks
11-08-2012, 06:46 PM
In terms of seats in Congress, did actual Tea-Party candidates (not those that claim to be but vote otherwise) do that poorly in this last election? From what I can gather it seems that alot of progressive/moderate Republicans lost seats or were very close to losing? I keep seeing "The Tea Party Failed". But did it really when it comes down to actual Tea Party candidates?

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 06:49 PM
In terms of seats in Congress, did actual Tea-Party candidates (not those that claim to be but vote otherwise) do that poorly in this last election? From what I can gather it seems that alot of progressive/moderate Republicans lost seats or were very close to losing? I keep seeing "The Tea Party Failed". But did it really when it comes down to actual Tea Party candidates?

High profile ones. West lost. Bachmann almost did, which considering the mega millions she ran this year in ads is saying something. I understand a lot lost in NH who were on the other side of the tea party, but I'm still waiting for a breakdown of that from Kieth who said he'd be doing it when he has some time.

And no, both claim to be but vote otherwise if you ask THIS branch of the tea party, but they are very popular with the other branch. the neoconservative 'branch' of astroturf, Rubio and Kelly A, on the other hand, are being spoken of by Liz Cheney et al as rising stars. They hope.