PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Bell : Republicans Rage as the Great Burning Arrives

CPUd
11-08-2012, 01:00 PM
There IS no real (legitimate) Republican Party left, from what we can tell. Before the violent and thuggish deconstruction of the libertarian Ron Paul Revolution, Ron Paul was on his way to taking over the Party. We watched it happen.

Crowds were growing, delegates were falling into line. Ron Paul was attracting bigger and bigger audiences. The powers-that-be had tried everything – ignoring him, ridiculing him ... even controlling the "movement" by placing "handlers" around him surreptitiously.

Finally, as none of it truly worked, the top GOP began to use violence and outright fraud. Ron Paul delegates were intimidated, beaten up and banned. Rules were changed, votes were ignored and the election, which was trending toward Paul, went to Romney.

http://www.thedailybell.com/28267/Republicans-Rage-as-the-Great-Burning-Arrives

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 01:06 PM
It is very true. I don't think Ron personally sabatoged his own campaign as the guy suggests but forgives, however, I do think he may have had low enough expectations that he didn't personally get involved in the campaign to supporter messaging itself as much as I wish he had.

CaptUSA
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
That was a great read! And the comments at the bottom are pretty damned good, too! +rep for finding.

Lucille
11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
The Daily Bell is always a great read!

CPUd
11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
It is very true. I don't think Ron personally sabatoged his own campaign as the guy suggests but forgives, however, I do think he may have had low enough expectations that he didn't personally get involved in the campaign to supporter messaging itself as much as I wish he had.

That, plus, he wanted to run the campaign all the way to the RNC, while maintaining credibility with the MSM for the movement. That's why the official campaign statements were so different from what he would say at, for instance, the TX convention.

I think the movement is gonna be getting a whole new level of credibility in the coming months.