PDA

View Full Version : USA Today: Ron Paul: College students understand my message

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/onpolitics/2012/11/08/ronpaul-college-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a 4ec

12:48PM EST November 8. 2012 - Texas Rep. Ron Paul might be leaving Congress in January, but legions of young people who flock to his message about small government will still be hearing from their hero.

The former Republican presidential candidate told Bloomberg Television on Thursday that he plans to continue visiting college campuses to preach his gospel of fiscal responsibility.

"Government reflects the people. That is why I am excited to go to college campuses and I will continue to do that," Paul said in his interview. "That's where I will get a lot of support and they are saying, 'I agree with you, we do not need more government, we want more freedom and we want to be able to keep our own money.' "

more at link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2012/11/08/ron-paul-congress-retire/1692089/

CaptUSA
11-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Brief article and I don't really like the title, but it's alright.

I wish the connection would be made more often about college kids having access to more information. Instead, it makes it seem like a legion of naive kids following a crazy old guy.

Dick Chaney
11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
It's so sad to hear he's retiring. :(

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 12:54 PM

From Congress, yeah, that was a kick in the teeth after they redistricted him and he wanted to run for President not campaign in a new district during that window (at least that is what I assume it was.) But he'll still be around speaking, he said. And look how much influence Norquist has with just his issue group.

american.swan
11-08-2012, 04:48 PM
I looked. It seems there will be four Ron Paulians in the US House for the next two years. We need to support them. (maybe five)

Keith and stuff
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
...it makes it seem like a legion of naive kids following a crazy old guy.

A lot of them do but Obama isn't that old :)

The Northbreather
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
This is exactly what needs to happen.

Keep rallying the troops Dr. Paul!

I hope he can get some professional video and media personnel to help get his future events broadcasted across the web. HD video and sound, I'd donate to that for sure.

Travlyr
11-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Did you hear what his reasoning for quitting congress was?

Paraphrasing... "People are tired of listening to me." lolz... I suspect he meant the status quo.

kathy88
11-08-2012, 05:33 PM
He's only going to get bigger with time to plan big events.

Jordan Liberty
11-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately not all college students do. Some of my friends still in college here in California keep praising Obama, and during the election they were telling everyone to go vote for Obama and Yes on Prop 30 which raises sales and income tax, and the money will be used for education. Sure it freezes their tuition fees for now, but I already know in a year or two they'll see their tuition rise again while having the burden of more taxes. Maybe they just need to be better educated about how government works, but the overwhelming outpour of support for Obama and the welfare state worries me.

jct74
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't know if you guys ever heard of this person, but she is a somewhat popular conservative commentator/author who goes on Hannity and other Fox News shows a lot. Retweet it.

Jedediah Bila ‏@JedediahBila
I talk to young people every day who feel GOP isn't interested in them, no outreach.They ARE drawn to freedom--look at Ron Paul's following.

https://twitter.com/JedediahBila/status/266636456523608065

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
retweeted

Uriah
11-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Ron should do a tour of universities in all of the early caucus/primary states. Hit half a dozen or more over a 3-4 day tour per state. This would be awesome!

jct74
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
retweeted

wow, it was at 43 retweets just a few minutes ago. either there are a lot of people on the forums today or you have a lot of followers that like to retweet too. anyways, thanks.

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
wow, it was at 43 retweets just a few minutes ago. either there are a lot of people on the forums today or you have a lot of followers that like to retweet too. anyways, thanks.

I'm in a Ron Paul tweeter network. We were getting Ron Paul and #WriteInRonPaul trending on Tuesday, and right now things are fairly quiet. It's useful, and we all use each other for the same thing, so it works out....

this one guy has 52,000 + followers and with all the people who retweet him can apparently reach over a million people through follower of followers (although I'm sure there is overlap)

alucard13mmfmj
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
half my facebook friends praise Obama... No one really cried for ROmney.

mad cow
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
This is very good news,this is what I hoped he would do,but this is the first time I have heard it from his own mouth.
I hope he comes to somewhere near me,I have never heard him speak.

eleganz
11-08-2012, 09:12 PM
half my facebook friends praise Obama... No one really cried for ROmney.

I can attest to this as well. I didn't have half of my friends praising Obama but the few were certainly more vocal that probably NONE of my friends were talking about Romney.

SilenceDewgooder
11-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Dr. Paul's message reaches beyond the college campuses.. I'm a little beyond my college years as well as alot of the people I know. The one phrase that I kept hearing over and over again during the primary is that everyone agreed with roughly 85% of Dr. Paul's stances (and foreign policy was actually a very positive stance - may have something to do with most of them being Vets) but the idea had sunk in that he wasn't electable. All things considered, it was bittersweet I suppose.