PDA

View Full Version : Need info about "working within the GOP"

cajuncocoa
11-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I don't do GOP meetings, so those of you who do...this is for you:

I know a young man who has indicated he may be interested in a future in politics and he is a Ron Paul supporter. He used to be quite apolitical and apathetic, but he has started to come around over the last few years as the SOPA and PIPA bills caught his attention (and ire). He's registered as Libertarian now, but maybe he could be persuaded to join you Liberty Republicans. At least I could give him the info so he could make the choice.

Post here or shoot me a PM to let him know what's the first step for him to take.

Thanks.

torchbearer
11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
pm incoming.

SonofThunder
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
www.rlc.org

Then, find out when your local GOP has meetings. Just show up. Introduce yourself, be friendly.

Find out when they do precinct reorganization. Get a bunch of your friends to show up for the reorgs. Get elected as precinct captain, executive committeman, etc

Get more people to do the same

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
+ rep to both of you!

Son of Thunder, is RLC us there? They aren't the first place I would send people, personally, unless they are. I understand it is regional. In Texas I know David Nalle who headed an RLC group didn't even endorse Ron. On the other hand our own activists have started chapters in some places.

torchbearer is absolutely the person I would send people to in Louisiana, however.

cajuncocoa
11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
pm incoming.Thanks!