PDA

View Full Version : (VIDEO) On Anderson Cooper: "Ron Paul youth are the future of the GOP"

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS85wOXb-EE&feature=youtu.be

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Love the Vanderbilt's expression. He looks like someone's coming at him with a spoonful of castor oil.

Libertea Party
11-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Good Stuff.

Bastiat's The Law
11-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Love the Vanderbilt's expression. He looks like someone's coming at him with a spoonful of castor oil.
Take your medicine Anderson!

jmdrake
11-08-2012, 01:43 PM
"We can't cheat and cut across the tracks and help big government when it agrees with us."

tsetsefly
11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
He is right, let's hope they see that...

GunnyFreedom
11-08-2012, 01:57 PM
He is right, let's hope they see that...

More mainstream Republicans are admitting to this privately (even while denying it publicly) than most folks here really know.

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 01:59 PM
More mainstream Republicans are admitting to this privately (even while denying it publicly) than most folks here really know.

they'll acknowledge it between elections so they can find a way to coopt it after saying they 'now get it and value it'.

paulbot24
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I absolutely cannot believe how many Fox repeaters are online and talking about how they must rework their party to attract young and minority voters. Some actually mention Ron Paul, but even those that don't are saying what Ron Paul has been saying all along:

"It’s working class people, many times it’s the minorities, and they are very enthusiastic. And usually they come from a different group, and I don’t think the Republican Party has any idea about how attractive the freedom philosophy is, and if they did, it would be wise for them to change their way and appeal to more people with the freedom philosophy."

"Freedom is popular!" - Ron Paul

Monotaur
11-08-2012, 02:22 PM
they'll acknowledge it between elections so they can find a way to coopt it after saying they 'now get it and value it'.

Yep, this definitely fits their MO, to hype the closeness going into an election and then discuss reality directly afterwards. I doubt they'll be reminding people of this 3 years from now when the 2016 primaries get underway, unfortunately.

As a side note, I was listening to this on XM in my car and was flabbergasted. I also heard something similar on Fox News (I think). I hope that we remember this and use it to our advantage in 2016.

Monotaur
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
I absolutely cannot believe how many Fox repeaters are online and talking about how they must rework their party to attract young and minority voters. Some actually mention Ron Paul, but even those that don't are saying what Ron Paul has been saying all along:

"It’s working class people, many times it’s the minorities, and they are very enthusiastic. And usually they come from a different group, and I don’t think the Republican Party has any idea about how attractive the freedom philosophy is, and if they did, it would be wise for them to change their way and appeal to more people with the freedom philosophy."

"Freedom is popular!" - Ron Paul

I honestly feel we are close to a tipping point where activists next go-round will even have to take this into account instead of pushing someone like Romney, Rubio, etc. At least I hope so, because the media will probably never help us.

But as I said a few months ago, we'll know we are winning when others truly adopt the liberty philosophy, even if they don't mention Ron Paul. And I think we'll get there.

paulbot24
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Sometimes it what people can't bring themselves to say in times like this that tell you the most about what they are really thinking.

The Goat
11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Get ready for a year and a half of not believing how much they agree with us. then, all of a sudden...the tide will change and they will hype up Rubio or some other neo-con hack. Has anyone forgot how it was after 08?

Shane Harris
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Get ready for a year and a half of not believing how much they agree with us. then, all of a sudden...the tide will change and they will hype up Rubio or some other neo-con hack. Has anyone forgot how it was after 08?

yeah, but in doing so they made losses while we made gains. In trying to cater to us what they really do is help us by making people think and making people more apt to listen to us and people like Ron Paul. Sure many of them don't stick, but a good number do. The fact that they feel the need to do this is a sign we are winning. Thus clip in particular seems like a somber realization.

american.swan
11-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Whose been here since 2007? This is nothing new from the media. Expect random praise of Ron Paul until the midterms.

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Whose been here since 2007? This is nothing new from the media. Expect random praise of Ron Paul until the midterms.

sure, but we used it then, and will use it now.

supermario21
11-08-2012, 04:48 PM
People vote though. We need to find a big money Las Vegas libertarian who will fund liberty candidates. I would even go so far enough as to asking Wayne Root to get on board. If we're going to get Rand the nomination it's going to require us to put our little squabbles behind us and unite around Rand.

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 04:51 PM

How do you think we've been incrementalizing their asses these past five years?

anaconda
11-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Keep talking. I'm listening...

anaconda
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM

If you think the treatment of Ron Paul has been bad, just wait and see how the media treats Rand if he should become a threat to win the oval office.

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
People vote though. We need to find a big money Las Vegas libertarian who will fund liberty candidates. I would even go so far enough as to asking Wayne Root to get on board. If we're going to get Rand the nomination it's going to require us to put our little squabbles behind us and unite around Rand.

W.A.R. is a stamp of insincerity. No one here is likely to go anywhere he is, I should think.

supermario21
11-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I know I'm a skeptic of WAR, but he's trying to work within the Nevada GOP. Also, he offered to step aside in 08 in order for Ron Paul to run on the LP ticket if he so wished. I would use him as a tool for success.

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I know I'm a skeptic of WAR, but he's trying to work within the Nevada GOP. Also, he offered to step aside in 08 in order for Ron Paul to run on the LP ticket if he so wished. I would use him as a tool for success.

You do that. I'm not going anywhere near him.

W.A.R. would put a stink on the idea of libertarian ideas in the GOP that would make the stench Bush put on the term 'Republican' seem like a jasmine breeze.

GunnyFreedom
11-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Keep talking. I'm listening...

Picture if you will: precinct, county, and district conventions, all being held before the primary. Leadership people and influence-makers come up to you privately and quietly say stuff like,

"Look, we traditional* Republicans are all in our 60's 70's and 80's, and none are coming to replace us. We are dying off, and if we don't change the party, it will age out and die and we will leave a communist nation to our children. We are scared. Most of us in leadership know you Ron Paul people are the future, but most of the people who come to these conventions hate you guys and we just don't know how to transition without making them run for the hills and leaving the Party even worse than we found it. You guys are right, you really are the future of the Republican Party if there is going to be a future for us at all. We just don't know how to get from here to there and we are scared."

* traditional Republicans is itself a misnomer of course, considering that these neos only came about in the 60's and 70's. If anybody around here are the traditional Republicans, it's actually us Paulers. I often use that biting fact to great effect.