PDA

View Full Version : Can we slow down a bit?

goRPaul
11-20-2007, 03:41 PM
It appears to me that a lot of us feel we deserve instant gratification for supporting the best candidate in the race. We're supporting the best candidate, true. We deserve and receive gratification for our commitment, true. But understand, it's not going to happen instantly! The polls will rise slowly, not overnight! The media will come, but not overnight!

Focus on the goal. Complaining is a side-step, and isn't productive. It feels good to complain, and I know this because I've done my fair share. What we need to do is move forward rather than taking side-steps or going backwards. This is when we start to get upset with each other. We need to take it slow.

It ruins the relationship when you try to get laid on the first night. Take it slow, get everyone warmed up to the sexy idea of freedom, and only then will penetration occur (at the voting booths).

MadViking10
11-20-2007, 03:42 PM
It appears to me that a lot of us feel we deserve instant gratification for supporting the best candidate in the race. We're supporting the best candidate, true. We deserve and receive gratification for our commitment, true. But understand, it's not going to happen instantly! The polls will rise slowly, not overnight! The media will come, but not overnight!

Focus on the goal. Complaining is a side-step, and isn't productive. It feels good to complain, and I know this because I've done my fair share. What we need to do is move forward rather than taking side-steps or going backwards. This is when we start to get upset with each other. We need to take it slow.

It ruins the relationship when you try to get laid on the first night. Take it slow, get everyone warmed up to the sexy idea of freedom, and only then will penetration occur (at the voting booths).

GET SOME FREEDOM !! Woot !!:D

ConstitutionGal
11-20-2007, 03:45 PM
While I agree with your sentiment, that was an EXTREMELY tacky analogy.

Natalie
11-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Lol, nice ;)

ZenX
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Hmm, if this were an extended metaphor, what would Diebold errors be? STD's?