PDA

View Full Version : IF JOHN KERRY DECIDES TO BE OBAMA'S SEC' OF STATE... (tis special election tyme!)

Aratus
11-08-2012, 07:51 AM
can we run a rEVOLUTIOn candidate for the "to be" vacated seat?

heck, hades and ben hecht, scott brown or mitt romney could run

for it in a nanosecond in their sleep. just saying... hillary is about to

do something different. we may have two "newbie" senators, soon!

erowe1
11-08-2012, 08:00 AM
can we run a rEVOLUTIOn candidate for the "to be" vacated seat?

heck, hades and ben hecht, scott brown or mitt romney could run

for it in a nanosecond in their sleep. just saying... hillary is about to

do something different. we may have two "newbie" senators, soon!

William Weld had some good fiscal stances, and I know a lot of libertarians liked him. I wonder where he is on foreign policy.

Smart3
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Massachusetts U.S. Senate election, 1996
John Kerry (D) (inc.), 52%
William Weld (R), 45%

Massachusetts gubernatorial election, 1994
William Weld (R) (inc.), 71%
Mark Roosevelt (D), 28%

Massachusetts gubernatorial election, 1990
William Weld (R), 50%
John Silber (D), 47%

Aratus
11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
sec' of defense talk has me bumping this thread...

muzzled dogg
11-21-2012, 11:27 AM
i hear scott brown is the only one with a warchest to compete for this

Aratus
11-21-2012, 11:29 AM
shem, lets get one of our rEVOLUTIOn own into a threeway or four or fiveway senate debate!

muzzled dogg
11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
we'll be lucky if we can get joe kennedy or another libertarian to run and get in a debate

Aratus
01-30-2013, 08:47 AM
sen. john kerry is to be our next Sec of State...

we have an interum senator, an april 30th primary

and a special election for this june. its official...

compromise
01-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Scott Brown is really being pushed by Republicans. It'll be hard to beat him in Mass, even in the primaries.

J. W. Evans
02-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Charlie Baker has backed out and said he would rally behind Weld if Brown doesn't want to pursue the Senate seat. That being said, it appears Brown would be the stronger candidate for Governor than one for Senator, so it'll be interesting to see what he ultimately decides to do.

Weld's a Brahmin, and I'm pretty sure he's got the ability to amass his own war-chest. In my opinion, if there's any candidate on the GOP side, other than Brown, that can provide the name recognition and the funding to become serious, it would have to be Weld.

mz10
02-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Charlie Baker has backed out and said he would rally behind Weld if Brown doesn't want to pursue the Senate seat. That being said, it appears Brown would be the stronger candidate for Governor than one for Senator, so it'll be interesting to see what he ultimately decides to do.

Weld's a Brahmin, and I'm pretty sure he's got the ability to amass his own war-chest. In my opinion, if there's any candidate on the GOP side, other than Brown, that can provide the name recognition and the funding to become serious, it would have to be Weld.

We don't want Brown to run for governor though. That is the worst possible scenario. Of all the bold-faced names in Mass GOP politics, Charlie Baker is the most liberty-friendly, and if Scott Brown runs against him in a gubernatorial primary, it will be a shitshow and it will probably weaken the eventual nominee. Now that Scott's handpicked candidate won the Chair race, I'm almost 100% certain he will run for Senate.

Aratus
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Scott Brown has just decided to bypass the senate special election so he can
decide on a gubanatoral run or a 2014 senate run when the seat comes up for
contention again. This practically hands the seat to Ed Markey or Steve Lynch
if Mitt Romney or Bill Weld don't run for it also. This was on today's local news.

Confederate
02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Scott Brown has just decided to bypass the senate special election so he can
decide on a gubanatoral run or a 2014 senate run when the seat comes up for
contention again. This practically hands the seat to Ed Markey or Steve Lynch
if Mitt Romney or Bill Weld don't run for it also. This was on today's local news.

Yeah, Brown said no to running. He's going to run for governor. Makes sense, though. He'd have to run in June, then again in 2014 for the same seat. That would be 4 elections in 4 years for him.