PDA

View Full Version : For those worried that the campaign is undercutting the teaparty:

JeffersonThomas
11-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Estimates for what the tea party will bring in were quite varied. Some think above $10 mil. I personally guess it will be about double what the Nov. 5th one was. Either way, let's consider the #s so far today from the campaigns e-mail.
As of this post ronpaulgraphs shows the campaign has raised just over $100,000 today. Let's guess that the campaign can raise even $500,000 today from the e-mail. Now let's see here:
TeaParty07-- $10,000,000
Campaign Distress E-mail-- $500,000
--------------------------------------------------------
Revised teaparty07-- $9,500,000

Those Bas***** down at HQ!?!? How could they steal our thunder!?!?

cameronb
11-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Well said. And has been said by many on other posts, many of those who planned to donate on Dec. 16th and who donate today, will still end up donating just as much on Dec. 16th....

ronpaulitician
11-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Jesse Benton probably bet the under on the Dec 16th line.

:)

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I just got done donating now, and I'm going to be donating next week, and the next week, and then on DEC 16th.

EVERYONE SHOULD DO THE SAME! :)

Mark Rushmore
11-20-2007, 03:46 PM
There's been so many TeaParty sendouts on alternative health and alternative investment lists - we have to assume there will be newcomers who perhaps will just be late to pledge as they study up - or perhaps won't pledge at all but still donate (especially if there's a last minute followup e-mail). We have to have faith in our message - and it's ability to attract new supporters. Or else all the rest of this is in vain. Even if some core supporters, the type who check these forums religiously for example, were to max out or come up short for the TeaParty, we must have faith that others will come through. We just need to continue constant promotion.

If new supporters don't appear, that's that.

curtisag
11-20-2007, 03:46 PM
You're missing the intent of the email. They don't just want a big 1 day donation today. They want $100,000+ every day between now and Dec. 16th instead of all that money being on Dec. 16th. They're essentially saying, Dec. 16th is a flawed strategy to win, because they won't be able to spend any of that money to gain support in New Hampshire or Iowa where we have to finish 1st or 2nd for momentum.

I say focus on going for about 5 or 6 million on Dec. 16th, and spread the rest of the money out between now and then instead of 8 to 10 million on a single day.

dircha
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
There are 10 other threads on this.

Why do we need another?

Instead of starting a new thread, post in an existing thread.

JeffersonThomas
11-20-2007, 03:50 PM
You're missing the intent of the email. They don't just want a big 1 day donation today. They want $100,000+ every day between now and Dec. 16th instead of all that money being on Dec. 16th instead. They're essentially saying, Dec. 16th is a flawed strategy to win, because they won't be able to spend any of that money to gain support in New Hampshire or Iowa where we have to finish 1st or 2nd for momentum.

Good point, I'll revise the math:
$10,000,000
$2,600,000
-----------------
$7,400,000 (I think this is still breaking our own record of records) :)

I sympathize with your views, but I still think that putting this e-mail and it's intent at odds with the Teaparty07 is a fallacy. They will both be succesful, in my humble opinion. Not to mention llepard's ad in USA today, which I believe will bring even more and new supporters who will have no idea we all even had this big discussion over how the e-mail might affect the teaparty

curtisag
11-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Good point, I'll revise the math:
$10,000,000
$2,600,000
-----------------
$7,400,000 (I think this is still breaking our own record of records) :)

I sympathize with your views, but I still think that putting this e-mail and it's intent at odds with the Teaparty07 is a fallacy. They will both be succesful, in my humble opinion. Not to mention llepard's ad in USA today, which I believe will bring even more and new supporters who will have no idea we all even had this big discussion over how the e-mail might affect the teaparty

I don't disagree with you either. I believe Dec. 16th can be a success at 5-6 million. We don't have to push so hard to get to 10 million, it's just a number someone pulled out of the sky. 5-6 million is still the biggest one day donation ever.

ursamajor
11-20-2007, 03:53 PM
In addition,
Advertisements spent before the Tea Party may turn around and create new donors for said event.