PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Calls For Third Party | No Ron Paul Supporters Allowed (WTF?)

FrankRep
11-07-2012, 10:56 PM
http://media.salon.com/2012/11/cain_rect-460x307.jpg

GOP civil war: Herman Cain calls for third party (http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/gop_civil_war_herman_cain_calls_for_3rd_party/)
As the GOP fights itself in the wake of Mitt Romney's loss, calls for a third party emerge

Salon.com
Nov 7, 2012

“I never thought that I would say this, and this is the first time publicly that I’ve said it: We need a third party to save this country. Not Ron Paul and the Ron Paulites. No. We need a legitimate third party to challenge the current system that we have, because I don’t believe that the Republican Party … has the ability to rebrand itself,” Cain said.

SOURCE:
http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/gop_civil_war_herman_cain_calls_for_3rd_party/

Original_Intent
11-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Another person to add to the FU list.

FU Herman! 999 times.

They accuse Dr. Paul of breaking third party the entire election, and then this PoS pulls this crap. I've got your legitimate third party right here, pizza man.

GunnyFreedom
11-07-2012, 10:59 PM
LMAO everything that keeps putting the GOP on it's losing streak sucked off into one irrelevant party that will never get 1/10 of a percent. Actually this could be really really good for us....

matt0611
11-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Another person to add to the FU list.

FU Herman! 999 times.

They accuse Dr. Paul of breaking third party the entire election, and then this PoS pulls this crap. I've got your legitimate third party right here, pizza man.

LOL Yeah. "Ron Paul is not a Republican, he should just leave the party, he's a traitor blah blah blah"

but oh its just fine if they want to leave the party though.

Philhelm
Wow, Herman Cain must be a super-troll.

Original_Intent
Can I go out on a conspiracy limb here?

I suspect that the third party/other votes were majorly suppressed by Diebold. Wouldn;t it make sense if TPTB sees that third parties are inevitably going to become a major force, they want to use this tool to create/control it?

supermario21
11-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Wow and I kinda liked the pizza man before I saw Ron expose him in one of the debates about the Fed IIRC.

Sola_Fide
11-07-2012, 11:07 PM
This fool is bereft of any ideas that are substantially different than the two major parties.

supermario21
11-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Here's the thing. We should just quietly build our movement. I was reading over on redstate that they're mad about how we ignored solid, good, energetic conservatives like Bachmann, Gingrich, and Santorum. I just LOL to myself and you should all do the same and let's let these teocons shoot themselves in the foot one by one. Then we prop up Rand and take the fight to Christie/Jeb and Rubio.

angelatc
11-07-2012, 11:10 PM
"We can call it the Pizza Party!"

I'll bet he'd be ok with the hot Ron Paul women supporters.

Philhelm
11-07-2012, 11:12 PM
This fool is bereft of any ideas that are substantially different than the two major parties.

That's exaggerating. I'm certain that he has nine, and only nine, ideas running through his head.

phill4paul
I do so ;ove the outcome of this election. It could not be better for fence sitters in either of the dominate parties.

Philhelm

YouTube them or they don't exist. :p

amy31416
11-07-2012, 11:13 PM
He's a medium-level scripted troll. He's only good for a few laughs and to taunt those of us who can't see him for what he is.

seraphson
I think he's still got his panties in a bunch when Paul called him out as "spoken like a true insider" when asked about the Fed. Take it like a man Herman Stain.

Pauls' Revere
He and Huckabee can march the GOP to oblivion.

Stellwagen

I suspect that the third party/other votes were majorly suppressed by Diebold. Wouldn;t it make sense if TPTB sees that third parties are inevitably going to become a major force, they want to use this tool to create/control it?

I know. I'm finding it really, really weird - all the third party talk from Republican leaders all of a sudden. The party absolutely needs to rebrand, but jumping ship seems like a bit much considering RMoney still got 48% of popular. Maybe like how they hijacked the tea party, they're going to try to hijack the third party idea.

loveshiscountry
11-07-2012, 11:17 PM
His book sales must be down.

Bastiat's The Law
11-07-2012, 11:28 PM
LMAO everything that keeps putting the GOP on it's losing streak sucked off into one irrelevant party that will never get 1/10 of a percent. Actually this could be really really good for us....
Absolutely! I would love to be the one that gets the honor to zip up that body bag and throw them in the river :D

supermario21
11-07-2012, 11:29 PM
It is amusing though going off of Stellwagen. We lost 4 states by a combined 302K (NH, OH, VA, FL). There were many more competitive states (close to R) than there were to O.

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Herman Cain should go form his own third party.

NoPants
11-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Here's the thing. We should just quietly build our movement. I was reading over on redstate that they're mad about how we ignored solid, good, energetic conservatives like Bachmann, Gingrich, and Santorum. I just LOL to myself and you should all do the same and let's let these teocons shoot themselves in the foot one by one. Then we prop up Rand and take the fight to Christie/Jeb and Rubio.

Wow, they really don't live in reality. Just imagine the ass kicking Santorum would have gotten from Obama. He's so polarizing and probably thinks 2016 is his to lose. Anyway, I'm glad they think like that. Let them continue to losing. As the party self destructs we'll be ready to salvage whatever we need and move on. They're the past as far as I'm concerned. After the 2012 RNC, I'm done with the Republican party.

HOLLYWOOD
11-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Why the hell are people following this charlatan of Iz-Beki-Beki-Beki-Beki-Beki-Beki-Stan

Hermain Cain is a joke, tell us stud-muffin of DC, what's up with Libya again? You Fuckin Joker

oyarde
11-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Yeah, well , hate to break it to you, guy is a moron , his 9 9 9 plan would have raised taxes on many . Oh , Yeah,when I get my clubhouse built , no Herman's allowed , lol , what a punk.If he was here , I would throw a donut at his head .

JK/SEA
11-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Hey Herman...hi...yeah, over here. Got a real beauty behind this door>>>>>>>

Close and locked.

See ya.

alucard13mmfmj
11-08-2012, 12:12 AM
I guess he is still mad that Ron Paul called him out.. lolz

emazur
11-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Maybe Cain and Allen West can form their own 3rd party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcM1-MYgLxk&feature=plcp

paulbot24
11-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Wow, they really don't live in reality. Just imagine the ass kicking Santorum would have gotten from Obama. He's so polarizing and probably thinks 2016 is his to lose. Anyway, I'm glad they think like that. Let them continue to losing. As the party self destructs we'll be ready to salvage whatever we need and move on. They're the past as far as I'm concerned. After the 2012 RNC, I'm done with the Republican party.

If they attempt to groom Santorum and rally behind him, they are WAY past salvaging. He is phenomenal at reminding liberals what they fear the most about the Republican party and every one of his stances are the very reasons why the Republican party is facing annihilation. He makes conservatives cringe for Christ's sake. Herman Cain was just a movie of the week.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991.[15] He was deputy chairman, from 1992 to 1994, and chairman, from 1995 to 1996, of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

The Pew Research Center reported that, of the Republican candidates, "Herman Cain was the most covered candidate in 2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain

John F Kennedy III
11-08-2012, 12:56 AM

This.

GunnyFreedom
11-08-2012, 01:01 AM

Go go gadget pokemon! :p

BucksforPaul
11-08-2012, 01:18 AM

Yes he is. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdXSrM0m9w

JJ2
11-08-2012, 02:15 AM
He may just be saying that Ron Paul and his supporters are not an actual third party.

thoughtomator
11-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Ah Herman Cain... that's in the Middle East, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAGGpK7bSWc

nobody's_hero
11-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Well, it would be much easier to beat 10 small parties than try to go up against the 2 big ones. We need more division! I don't care if I'm not allowed to join those parties. Just let them split.

RP Supporter
11-08-2012, 03:27 AM
I wonder if Cain's planning another run. Sexual allegations will be old news next time.

twomp
11-08-2012, 03:34 AM
I wonder if Cain's planning another run. Sexual allegations will be old news next time.

I really hope he does! Herman Cain clips are the best!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKbX0lZMin4

nobody's_hero
11-08-2012, 03:35 AM

I don't know. The newsletters were 30 years old, and the media never did let up on that (until Ron Paul's surge was stopped).

jkob
11-08-2012, 03:44 AM
lol go ahead herman, the GOP can use less idiots

John F Kennedy III
11-08-2012, 03:47 AM

It really wouldn't surprise me.

TheTexan
11-08-2012, 03:49 AM
I love Herman Cain. I didn't really fully appreciate his value until he was out of the race.

That guy = Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAJg27zN4n0

HOLLYWOOD
11-08-2012, 07:19 AM
This is a good reference, because it was the Kansas City FED that constantly surpressed Egan Jones warnings about every fiscal crisis... whether the dot comm, housing bubbles, derivatives markets, synthetic CDOs, RMBS/CMBS, the 1990s corporate financial failures to ENRON. It's almost like the NY FED dedicated the Kansas City FED to keep the truth(PIT BULL) from coming out and suppressing those analyses/ratings. Herman Cain's Kansas City Federal Reserve. The chameleon will do anything for a paycheck/advancement. He's a very bad 'FLIM FLAM MAN' politician for American, who will sell THE US out and play Spin Doctor to the ignorant public. It's the people that aren't wise enough to investigate/vett these political conartists. That's what is sad about America.

Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991.[15] He was deputy chairman, from 1992 to 1994, and chairman, from 1995 to 1996, of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
The Pew Research Center reported that, of the Republican candidates, "Herman Cain was the most covered candidate in 2011

Dick Chaney
11-08-2012, 07:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAGGpK7bSWc

Tudo
11-08-2012, 07:57 AM
I can think of several countries where herman cain could be king. None of them are on this continent

freejack
11-08-2012, 08:09 AM
It has always baffled me how this man was able to run an organization of any sort.

EBounding
11-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Remember when this guy led substantially in the polls? :eek:

I wonder why Romney lost...?

matt0611
11-08-2012, 08:30 AM
http://www.chronicle.su/wp-content/uploads/trollman-cain.gif

sailingaway
11-08-2012, 08:33 AM
that's spin to explain why he would never get us, then he would say what we say, quite justifiably, about him is sour grapes because we didn't get to join.

the reason we don't get to join is we actually understand the issues and the federal reserve. The last things he would want his new supporters to hear about.

jmdrake
11-08-2012, 08:35 AM
We must really be winning.

Carehn
11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I hope they do start a 3rd party. They we can rebuild the GOP without having to fight them.

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/herman-cain-breaking-up-the-republican-party-would-save-the-country/

“I never thought that I would say this, and this is the first time publicly that I’ve said it,” Cain told American Family Association President Brian Fischer. “We need a third party to save this country. Not Ron Paul and the Ron Paulites. No, we need a legitimate third party to challenge the current system that we have.”

Cain added that he does not think today’s conservative party can “rebrand itself against the mainstream media machine that blatantly works to support this president and other liberals, as well as the Democrats, and work blatantly to try and tarnish the brand of what the Republicans started and what the Republican Party stands for.”

No doubt he'd like to lead it personally. Once upon a time we had the Know Nothing Party. Shall we call this one the Nein Nein Nein Party?

Chester Copperpot
11-08-2012, 11:16 AM
maybe the necons are starting to flee the GOP.

Acala
11-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Perfect. He can split off the war-mongering, keynesian, bedroom police and what is left over will be GREAT!

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 11:21 AM
maybe the necons are starting to flee the GOP.

Dare we hope they've decided it's time to flee the country?

The Goat
11-08-2012, 11:22 AM
I hope they do try and start another party. let them fade into obscurity.

CaptUSA
11-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Perfect. He can split off the war-mongering, keynesian, bedroom police and what is left over will be GREAT!I'm sure they'd find a comfortable home in the democratic party.

dinosaur
11-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Trying to raze what's left of it so that we can't take it over...or just a temper tantrum from Herman? They know that the jig is up when they can no longer blackmail their base into voting for the less-evil monster.

jkr
11-08-2012, 11:32 AM
just another liberal ahole coming out of da closet

shut up "pizza man"

Philhelm
11-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Herman Cain should go form his own third party.

Don't you mean ninth party?

Philhelm
11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes he is. lol

I admit that I do have a soft spot for Herman Cain, solely because of the grin.

kathy88
11-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Wow. Still butthurt. Resentment will kill you. LOL.

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Trying to raze what's left of it so that we can't take it over...or just a temper tantrum from Herman? They know that the jig is up when they can no longer blackmail their base into voting for the less-evil monster.

No doubt. But they know the GOP has no tangible infrastructure or assets but their third party-killing legislation and the people of the party. And they surely would prefer to scatter and divide the people as much as they possibly can.

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 11:57 AM
How did I not find this thread? God the vbulletin search function sucks.

Mods, feel free to merge my thread into this.

I don't see Cain's Party as controlled opposition so much as an attempt to divide Republicans further, lest we pick up some factions and add them to our strength. And I say we call this the Nein Nein Nein Party.

youngbuck
11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
What a recipe for a success! Step one: ostracize a significant number of real conservatives and libertarians in your opening salvo. How clueless and idiotic is this guy?

Acala
11-08-2012, 12:01 PM
The funny thing is that he HAD to say "but not Ron Paul". He had to say this because Ron Paul's liberty movement is the unavoidable future and they all know it.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-08-2012, 12:44 PM
“I never thought that I would say this, and this is the first time publicly that I’ve said it,” Cain told American Family Association President Brian Fischer. “We need a third party to save this country. Not Ron Paul and the Ron Paulites. No, we need a legitimate third party to challenge the current system that we have.”

Ron Paul has more legitimacy in his toenail than Herman Cain has in full.

cajuncocoa
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
http://cdn2.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/pokeball-pizza.jpg?cda6c1

AGRP
11-08-2012, 12:54 PM
My my. What an ego this one has. All neocons have to do is register as Democrats. Theyll have a ton of success on that ticket. Clean the wax in your ears. Weve been suggesting this for quite a while now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrpu-uGsCuQ

dillo
11-08-2012, 01:11 PM
he also basically trashed Ron Paul supporters

AGRP
11-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Ron Paul has more legitimacy in his toenail than Herman Cain has in full.

I wouldnt go that far. Maybe in a discarded toenail clipping.

Lucille
11-08-2012, 01:43 PM
What a recipe for a success! Step one: ostracize a significant number of real conservatives and libertarians in your opening salvo. How clueless and idiotic is this guy?

LOL... Right?! Sounds like a plan, 999!

Step 1: Form a new party after Romney loses because millions of Paulians refused to vote for him
Set 2: Hang a sign on the new party door: No Paulians Need Apply
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

Okie RP fan
11-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Just wait, here's the kicker:

Source and the rest of the story:
h t tp://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/herman-cain-breaking-up-the-republican-party-would-save-the-country/

AGRP
11-08-2012, 02:20 PM

This. Herman 'just call up the federal reserve' Cain is more than welcome to create his delusional party. We should be nice and help him.

Occam's Banana
11-08-2012, 04:57 PM
I never thought that I would say this, and this is the first time publicly that I’ve said it: We need a third party to save this country. Not Ron Paul and the Ron Paulites. No. We need a legitimate third party to challenge the current system that we have, because I don’t believe that the Republican Party … has the ability to rebrand itself.

Notice how, after he claims the need for a "third-party to save this country," he IMMEDIATELLY disavows Paul & Paulites.

That's 'coz he - and everyone else who's been paying any attention at all - KNOWS that the VERY FIRST thing ANY informed person is going to think of in this context is ... Ron Paul & Ron Paulites. :cool::D:cool:

I know. I'm finding it really, really weird - all the third party talk from Republican leaders all of a sudden. The party absolutely needs to rebrand, but jumping ship seems like a bit much considering RMoney still got 48% of popular. Maybe like how they hijacked the tea party, they're going to try to hijack the third party idea.

Actually, Cain & those Republican leaders you mention (& all of that lot) aren't really talking about a 3rd-party at all.

That's just the closest term we have in the current political environment for what they are *really* talking about, which is this: the death of the Republican party and its replacement by ... something else.

So they're not really talking about a 3rd-party at all. They're talking about a new "1st-or-2nd-party." I would not be at all surprised if you would have heard the very same kind of talk making the rounds back when the Federalists & the Whigs finally went down for the count.

As far as Romney getting 48%, this does not signify much. People are (essentially) only given two choices, so that number doesn't really mean very much.

The demographic handwriting is on the wall. The Republican base is aging and they're outnumbered by self-idenitified Independents (a group that has a significant pro-Ron-Paul contingent).

The Republicans also have a knack for alienating or even pissing off various constituencies (young people, ethnics, etc.) and driving them right into the waiting arms of the Democrats.

The Republican party, as it currently exists, is doomed. The Republicans either shape up and become a *real* alternative to the Democrats, or they go the way of the dodo.

Some of them are starting to realize this. Quite a few of them - like Herman Cain - are going to stupidly imagine that they can handle it without us Paulites.

AGRP
11-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Yes he is. lol

Lets put things in perspective and realize that people like Cain (ie Bachmann and Santorum) are certifiable trolls. Feeding into their trolling only gives them legitimacy.

acptulsa
11-08-2012, 05:03 PM
The Republican party, as it currently exists, is doomed. The Republicans either shape up and become a *real* alternative to the Democrats, or they go the way of the dodo.

Some of them are starting to realize this. Quite a few of them - like Herman Cain - are going to stupidly imagine that they can handle it without us Paulites.

You want astroturf. Herman Cain has astroturf. Hell, he'll sell you an astroturf pizza to choke on.

And when the FRN falls below the value of a 1913 penny (aka 'goes the way of the dodo'), they'll be right there with a wonderful new world fiat currency for you, too. Of course, it will also be a fiat currency that will shrink like wool in a hot dryer. But they'll say it has some vague connection to gold. Hell, they might even emboss the seal on each bill with 0.00000001 oz. of genuine 14k gold leaf.

Factushima
11-08-2012, 05:26 PM
The arrogance here makes me laugh.

The people wholeheartedly rejected fiscal conservatives on Tuesday. That means Ron Paul's ideas. Romney was no fiscal conservative but he was far more than Obama was.

The Republican party is, and always has been, a party of coalition. We must bring together people who don't agree on everything and work on the issues we can solve together. What I see here on this board is some in the Ron Paul (who is done with politics btw) movement expecting to get elected by magical unicorns. The election proved that Paul was rejected by Independents, Republicans, and most of all Democrats. Now we're concocting some scheme to take over the nomination of the same party that some in the movement are actively rejecting! How is that expected to work? "Hey, we won't stand with you at all but you should come over here and support us." They'll reject us like we rejected them.

If the Paul movement breaks off the Republican party they're done. 100% not electable. We would get crushed by the two big parties.

Herman Cain didn't say "we don't need Ron Paul people" as so many here assume. He said that the Ron Paul movement wasn't the viable vehicle to a third party. The Paul movement is built on identity. If, god forbid, Ron Paul were to die that would be the end. He's calling for something bigger. He didn't say he won't accept Paul people, he said we need to form a BROADER coalition. To be honest I don't know how many in the Paul movement expect to become mainstream if they refuse to participate in coalitions. Why are Obama and the dems getting elected? They come together as a coalition first then have the fights over policy once they're in.

We're never getting anywhere if we refuse to elect anyone who doesn't agree with all of use 100%. To that end: we aren't 100% right, nobody is.

UMULAS
11-08-2012, 05:35 PM
So why not the LP? We have left and right LP's, some are more Libertarian than others, so why not make a coalition of Libertarians?

Lucille
11-08-2012, 05:40 PM

The people wholeheartedly rejected fiscal conservatives on Tuesday. That means Ron Paul's ideas. Romney was no fiscal conservative but he was far more than Obama was.

No they didn't. They rejected Romney, and the Bush administration's long shadow that he chose to stand in. Not sure if you're aware, but the foreign policy advantage the GOP used to have is gone, because the GOP is The Endless War Party, and Americans are sick of war. Also, in this repugnant bailout era, they chose Mr. Wall Street Insider when they should have chosen the libertarian populist.

The Paul movement is built on identity. If, god forbid, Ron Paul were to die that would be the end.

That's not true either.

Do you always barge into forums, lecturing everyone, making assumptions, and castings aspersions? Do you and yours have any idea how many people from all walks of life were, and are, drawn to Ron's message? Do you also have any idea how many of those people refused to register as Republicans to vote for RP in the primary? Had he run as an Independent from the get-go, I believe he would have won easily. The GOP's small tent is the problem. It's the neo-Trot's way, or the highway.

TheTexan
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpN5C1_flQ

Napolitanic Wars
11-08-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ONufvFrrc

Occam's Banana
11-08-2012, 05:51 PM
You want astroturf. Herman Cain has astroturf. Hell, he'll sell you an astroturf pizza to choke on.

And when the FRN falls below the value of a 1913 penny (aka 'goes the way of the dodo'), they'll be right there with a wonderful new world fiat currency for you, too. Of course, it will also be a fiat currency that will shrink like wool in a hot dryer. But they'll say it has some vague connection to gold. Hell, they might even emboss the seal on each bill with 0.00000001 oz. of genuine 14k gold leaf.

Could be. Like I said, they're talking about the death of the Republican party and its replacement by something else. Not necessarily a *better* something else (let alone a *good* something else). Just .... something else. (The Republicans are what we ended up with when the Whigs went away, after all - not exactly a bargain, I would say.)

However, it *will* have to involve something more than a mere "rebranding" (i.e., putting the same old schlock in a gaudier package) - otherwise, they'll just be putting themselves right back in the same situation they're in now.

supermario21
11-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Look, if these fake conservatives want to leave the party, don't let the door hit them on the way out. It's our party now.

TheTexan
11-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, but it's never easy when there's so much on the line. True story.

Odin
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM

The Republican party is, and always has been, a party of coalition. We must bring together people who don't agree on everything and work on the issues we can solve together. What I see here on this board is some in the Ron Paul (who is done with politics btw) movement expecting to get elected by magical unicorns. The election proved that Paul was rejected by Independents, Republicans, and most of all Democrats. Now we're concocting some scheme to take over the nomination of the same party that some in the movement are actively rejecting! How is that expected to work? "Hey, we won't stand with you at all but you should come over here and support us." They'll reject us like we rejected them.

If the Paul movement breaks off the Republican party they're done. 100% not electable. We would get crushed by the two big parties.

Herman Cain didn't say "we don't need Ron Paul people" as so many here assume. He said that the Ron Paul movement wasn't the viable vehicle to a third party. The Paul movement is built on identity. If, god forbid, Ron Paul were to die that would be the end. He's calling for something bigger. He didn't say he won't accept Paul people, he said we need to form a BROADER coalition. To be honest I don't know how many in the Paul movement expect to become mainstream if they refuse to participate in coalitions. Why are Obama and the dems getting elected? They come together as a coalition first then have the fights over policy once they're in.

We're never getting anywhere if we refuse to elect anyone who doesn't agree with all of use 100%. To that end: we aren't 100% right, nobody is.

Are you Herman Cain?

The part I bolded sounds just like something Herman Cain would say lol. I actually read it in my Herman Cain voice.

AGRP
11-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Are you Herman Cain?

The part I bolded sounds just like something Herman Cain would say lol. I actually read it in my Herman Cain voice.

Holy crap! Now that you mention it, the entire thing reads like it was written by him! LOL!

Occam's Banana
11-08-2012, 06:30 PM
To that end: we aren't 100% right, nobody is.

I've always been baffled by people who make assertions like this. I've never quite been able to fathom what they imagine they mean by it.

I also notice that you speak in little other than vague, hand-waving generalities and sneering, contemptuous remarks directed at people with whom you disagree.

And then you have the gall to yap about the need to work with people you disagree with?

You do nothing more than make a string of flat assertions, without even making a token attempt to support them with evidence or reasoned argument.

The people wholeheartedly [blah blah blah]

The Republican party is, and always has been, [yada yada yada]

The election proved [blah blah blah]

We must [do yada yada yada]

We're never getting anywhere if [blah blah blah]

In my experience, this is utterly typical of mealy-mouthed types who blather about nobody being "100% right" about anything.

Apparently, they - and you - mean "nobody is 100% right - except me."

You are not the slightest bit different from anyone you are wagging your finger at.

In fact, you are even worse. You are a hypocrite.

bunklocoempire
11-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Here's a coalition, a coalition that Cain wouldn't agree as a viable vehicle to a third party. Screw Cain.

http://www.dailypaul.com/61153/we-agree-paul-baldwin-mckinney-nader-statement

We Agree

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.

Deborah K
11-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Anything that helps diminish the corrupted power of the two major parties is fine by me. Let him siphon off his supporters from the GOP.

Deborah K
11-08-2012, 07:07 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2urqxra.jpg

CPUd
11-08-2012, 07:53 PM
LOL Repeal and replace the GOP

pochy1776
11-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Perfect. He can split off the war-mongering, keynesian, bedroom police and what is left over will be GREAT!

As a fellow bedroom officer, i fear we will become Reason TV libertines. Will we ever get the government out of marriage?

GeorgiaAvenger
11-08-2012, 07:55 PM
http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/markblockhermancain485.jpg

FrankRep
11-08-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.3sigma.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/11/cain-smile-frown.gif

Carson
11-08-2012, 08:47 PM
They created their own third party out of the Republican party...and yes it was no Ron Paulians allowed.

He made his bed. Now lets hear him lie in it.

A new first party may have also been born out of the ashes. Only time will tell for sure.

One thing for sure is finding a New First Party is what has been on everyone's lips and floating on the breeze.

liberty2897
11-08-2012, 09:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WEvXuem9mg&feature=related

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Herman Cain is stupid.

twomp
11-09-2012, 01:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WEvXuem9mg&feature=related

LoL poor Herman Cain. The name of that video is "Ron Paul Schools Herman Cain" but it sure looks like he didn't understand a single word Dr. Paul said.

headhawg7
11-09-2012, 01:21 AM

I suspect that the third party/other votes were majorly suppressed by Diebold. Wouldn;t it make sense if TPTB sees that third parties are inevitably going to become a major force, they want to use this tool to create/control it?This was the first thing that caught my attention. Take over the movement and slowly steer it back to one side or the other or completely infiltrate so it doesn't really matter. You think you are voting for a third party candidate who is not tied to the same masters yet you find out it is just another extension of the large government party.

rpfocus
11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
This guy is a true nutcase. No wonder the Tea Party loved him.

Origanalist
11-09-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.3sigma.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/11/cain-smile-frown.gif

Ok, that's just creepy.

Athan
11-09-2012, 02:37 PM
GOP lost one of their few black folks. Man minorities are just fleeing with out Ron Paul on the Republican ticket.

Factushima
11-12-2012, 01:20 AM
No they didn't. They rejected Romney, and the Bush administration's long shadow that he chose to stand in. Not sure if you're aware, but the foreign policy advantage the GOP used to have is gone, because the GOP is The Endless War Party, and Americans are sick of war. Also, in this repugnant bailout era, they chose Mr. Wall Street Insider when they should have chosen the libertarian populist. And they chose what? Statists progressives. That is the opposite of populist libertarians. Paul certainly couldn't have done worse than Romney.

I made this post before I saw the down-ballot situation. Turns out this was a referrendum on Romney vs. Obama not necessarily Republican vs Democrat. The state houses barely moved. I'll see what happens in 2014 before I can say what the 'people' are choosing.

That's not true either.

Do you always barge into forums, lecturing everyone, making assumptions, and castings aspersions?

Do you always have such a rude tone? I may be new but that doesn't mean I have to be timid and bashful. I'll put my opinion here (as that whats this place is for!!) and you can choose to read it or not. I cast no aspersions, make no assumptions. Everything I responded to can be found in the posts up till I put in my comment. Please take a look BEFORE responding.

Further, it would be nice if you'd debate the point and the person.

Do you and yours have any idea how many people from all walks of life were, and are, drawn to Ron's message? Do you also have any idea how many of those people refused to register as Republicans to vote for RP in the primary? Had he run as an Independent from the get-go, I believe he would have won easily. The GOP's small tent is the problem. It's the neo-Trot's way, or the highway.

Lets hear it: why isn't the Ron Paul movement based on identity? How many of Ron's positions require Ron to execute them for there to be credibility (two decades of consistency)? I'm not sure if everyone will sign up with Rand, or if they'll just wonder back into the woods. I suspect it will be a little of everything. Some will go to other candidates they don't believe in but believe to be electable, some will go to candidates they believe in but aren't electable and everything in between.

I'm sure thousands are drawn, but you need tens of millions. If they are not willing to register to support him in the primary (which takes about 30 seconds, then half an hour) they can't be counted as 'supporters'.

The Republican tent is the problem! I agree completely. That is precisely what my post is about! On the dot. This means finding room for the old guard, the religious people, the uniformed people, Ron Paul people, ect.

Factushima
11-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Are you Herman Cain?

The part I bolded sounds just like something Herman Cain would say lol. I actually read it in my Herman Cain voice. I'm trying to figure out what you meant here, seems as though you have no point.

Factushima
11-12-2012, 01:43 AM
I've always been baffled by people who make assertions like this. I've never quite been able to fathom what they imagine they mean by it. Its pretty simple: tolerance. You can't get a movement going of we only like one person's ideas.

I also notice that you speak in little other than vague, hand-waving generalities and sneering, contemptuous remarks directed at people with whom you disagree.

And then you have the gall to yap about the need to work with people you disagree with? YOU DO GET IT! I'm not sure what you're confused about.

You do nothing more than make a string of flat assertions, without even making a token attempt to support them with evidence or reasoned argument. Rarely does someone contradict themselves so much in one statement. What is quoted here is exactly what you did. On the dot. So, use your pathetic little criticisms to judge yourself.

In my experience, this is utterly typical of mealy-mouthed types who blather about nobody being "100% right" about anything.

You are not the slightest bit different from anyone you are wagging your finger at. Except I'm willing to work with them. Tolerance goes two ways. Ironically, you proved my statement true: arrogance - intolerance.

Apparently, they - and you - mean "nobody is 100% right - except me." Please see your previous statement beginning "You make a string of".

You are a hypocrite. I think that ties it all up nicely.

Occam's Banana
11-12-2012, 02:35 AM
[snip]

[snip]

To which I reply: quod erat demonstrandum

I cast no aspersions, make no assumptions.

On the contrary: every post you've made so far proves otherwise.

Factushima
11-12-2012, 03:18 AM
To which I reply: quod erat demonstrandum

On the contrary: every post you've made so far proves otherwise. You're short on content and long on personal attacks, not really my type.

Any-who....

Go read my post on the 2012 election. Tell me what you think.

Victor Grey
11-12-2012, 03:41 AM
http://lumthemad.net/images/thehermancain.jpg

GunnyFreedom
11-12-2012, 04:33 AM
I'm supposed to be asleep (really NEED to be asleep), but I saw this caught fire again and it needs a proper answer instead of what all's happening right now.

Your assertion is incorrect. It is based on the assumption either of the defacto existence of a linear progression from Obama through Romney out to Paul, or the perception of such a linear progression. Although it is clear that electoral perceptions are almost never tied to actuality, in fact such a direct linear progression exists neither in reality nor in perception.

In reality, the difference between Romney and Obama was not in the measure but the matter. The fiscal profligation between them can only be distinguished not by the volume of spending but the kinds of spending. Domestic vs Foreign, entitlements vs warfare, green energy vs blue bloods.

In perception, Paul's philosophy is almost universally (and properly) seen as tangential from either of these two options, and decidedly not a simply matter of "Romnyism carried to extremes" as you clearly imply.

It is for this reason that Paul tested better against Obama than Romney. Indeed, Paul picks up more liberal, progressive, and left-wing (to the left of Obama) voters than any other Republican, including outright liberal progressive Jon Huntsman. Were he perceived as "everything we hate in Romney carried to the extreme," then logically that could not be the case.

Obama ---> Romney ---> Paul is neither in reality nor is in perception a linear fiscal progression of conservatism, without which relationship your point above is moot.

The Republican party is, and always has been, a party of coalition. We must bring together people who don't agree on everything and work on the issues we can solve together. What I see here on this board is some in the Ron Paul (who is done with politics btw) movement expecting to get elected by magical unicorns. The election proved that Paul was rejected by Independents, Republicans, and most of all Democrats.

This simply demonstrates that despite your posture and bluster, you haven't been paying attention. Although (if you want to work within the false left-right paradigm) Paul is to the extreme right of Goldwater and Reagan, JUST LIKE GOLDWATER AND REAGAN he picks up more support from the left than does any moderate. This is not mere assertion, but the conclusion of regular polling data having been taken over the course of the 2012 primaries.

Now we're concocting some scheme to take over the nomination of the same party that some in the movement are actively rejecting! How is that expected to work? "Hey, we won't stand with you at all but you should come over here and support us." They'll reject us like we rejected them.

They lost, and continue to lose not because they rejected us specifically, but because they have rejected the principles which we stand for. That is quite independent of us as persons or of Ron Paul individually.

If they continue to reject the Taft/Goldwater principles of Constitutional and Liberty Conservatism, then they will continue to lose. If they embrace them then they will begin to win again.

This will hold true whether we are part of the equation or not. There are enough of them left as a remnant in the GOP who remember that to form strong alliances with if some of the people in our direct movement mature a bit and swallow their egos and do the work and work the politics.

This has never been about persons or personality but about principle. Those who are stuck on persons and personality (on either side of this divide) are dead weight, and their sloughing can only help.

Yes, obviously, unless the Republican party implodes, and the general public is left to choose which faction they prefer, in which case that may not be the case at all. Our platform -- even as imperfectly articulated by Ron Paul -- picks up more independent and left support than any other Republican faction currently extant.

Herman Cain didn't say "we don't need Ron Paul people" as so many here assume. He said that the Ron Paul movement wasn't the viable vehicle to a third party.

You are aggressively splitting hairs here. Herman Cain wants his 3rd party to based in theocratic zealots, pro-war patriots, and pro-bankster fiscal semiconservatives. A more deeply marginal retooling of the Reagan coalition. I can see why Cain is trying to fall back onto a more excessive and radical version of the original Reagan coalition, after all, what worked 32 years ago has to work again right?

Sadly, no. The world has moved on. We have to go back to Taft and Goldwater and forge a NEW coalition, and not the same tired formula that has been beat into apathy under the abuses of both Bushes, and driven comatose by McCain and Romney.

The Paul movement is built on identity. If, god forbid, Ron Paul were to die that would be the end. He's calling for something bigger. He didn't say he won't accept Paul people,

He kinda did. He said that Ron Paul and his people are not the answer to whatever will bring people together and save our nation. The problem is that we are. Indeed, we are the ONLY answer otherwise America dies.

Why do you think we are so passionate about the surety of our position here? The scales have fallen from our eyes, and the destituteness of the American framework had become apparent. America either restores the Constitution or dies. The Ron Paul platform is the perfect and exact representation of the Constitution applied to political office. Those who are afraid of Paul are in fact afraid of the Constitution, because he is a precise representation of Constitutional government.

This is not about Paul, or me, or you, or anybody on this site. It is about a government that obeys the Constitution full stop. Failing that America dies. If you think I am exaggerating, then you aren't paying attention. If our goal is for America to survive and not to die, then our one and only shot is a full court press -- full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

America doesn't have 30 years to play nice and go back to "slightly more conservative" some time in the later half of this century. We are going to be over the cliff and a pile of rubble at the bottom in two years. Three if we are very lucky.

It is literally do or die time, and we don't have time to play nice.

he said we need to form a BROADER coalition. To be honest I don't know how many in the Paul movement expect to become mainstream if they refuse to participate in coalitions. Why are Obama and the dems getting elected? They come together as a coalition first then have the fights over policy once they're in.

Here is the coalition we offer: GOP obeys the Constitution or they will continue to lose until they no longer exist as a party and clears the way for a new party that will.

It would be great if we had 25 years to crack this nut, and get to a solution by hand-holding and gentle coaching, singing kumbaya and demonstrating the merits of actually obeying the Constitution (instead of merely paying it lip-service).

But we don't. We quite possibly don't have 2.5 years much less 25. Nobody wants to be the bull in the china shop, but if that's the only path to escape death and dissolution, then the Patriot stands to his duty and does what he has to. Restore the Constitutional order (the real Constitution, which looks like What Ron and Rand Paul do, not the fake politicaly expedient Constitution that looks like what Herman Cain and Mitt Romney do) immediately or die trying. Because if we fail, America dies BEFORE the next Presidential election.

I agree, nobody is 100% right. There was only one perfect Man, and not even His followers really listen to Him. It seems the closer one is to perfection, the less likely they are to be heard and taken seriously by their contemporaries. It takes generations before the truth finally sinks in, and by then the truth-teller is long dead.

I can tell you this much with utmost confidence. America is heading towards a 1000 foot cliff at 60mph under President Obama. It would have been a whole 5mph less at 55mph under Romney, no effective difference, because neither of them obey the Constitution, nor have they any desire to. The collapse differentiated between the two speeds by days if not hours.

There is one, and only one solution to saving America in this late hour, and that is to restore the Constitutional order across all strata of American government. The actual and whole Constitution and not just the bits Herman Cain likes but ignoring the bits that are inconvenient.

When you have the only answer, and you know that you have the only answer, and it's 4th and 10 with only 30 seconds left on the clock, then all you can do is step up and go for it. The rest of the Republican Party can either coalesce around our leadership, or be responsible for the death of America because they stood by and did nothing the the final hour of their last chance.

Occam's Banana
11-12-2012, 04:40 AM
You're short on content and long on personal attacks, not really my type.

:rolleyes:

Any-who....

Go read my post on the 2012 election. Tell me what you think.

Sorry. Troll-feeding time is over. Go beg for scraps from someone else's table.

truelies
11-12-2012, 05:48 AM
Cain is an idiot who is not an utterly unknown nobody ONLY because of affirmative action.

truelies
11-12-2012, 05:52 AM
That said there is a crying need for a political party devouted to needs and interests of middle Americans- those who own the non-Fortune 500 businesses and those who draw a wage in private industry as a counter balance to the 1% and the state employed nomenclatura.

Platform? - liquidation of the state employed nomenclatura as a class.

tod evans
11-12-2012, 05:58 AM
I really like this picture!

Lindsey
11-12-2012, 06:34 AM
We must really be winning. Diebold must've reported our real numbers back to TPTB - they must be scared.

MikeStanart
11-12-2012, 06:54 AM
This is as relevant as this man will ever be.

http://jayraskin.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/herman-cain-and-godfather-pizza-picture-1.jpg

CaptLouAlbano
11-12-2012, 08:23 AM
I posted this in another thread which addressed a similar topic of splitting from the GOP and forming a new party, and it is even more relevant here in light of Cain's statement where he "called for a large faction of Republican Party leaders to desert the party and form a third, more conservative party"

It is political suicide. If the GOP split they would lose control of the US House, 29 State Senates and 31 State Houses (if I counted them correctly). Basically what would happen is the Democratic party would be in control of the House, Senate and every state legislature. With the power of incumbency (on average 80% of incumbents are reelected), it could take a decade or more before this new party could gain control of a legislative body.

The better solution is to challenge RINO incumbents in the primaries, and run qualified conservative candidates for open seats at the federal, state and local level. Splitting only puts both the GOP and the new party into a near permanent minority position.

Occam's Banana
11-12-2012, 10:18 AM
This is as relevant as this man will ever be.

This is America ... (Land of Honey Boo Boo) ... so that's pretty damned relevant.

Origanalist
11-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I really like this picture!

That's a keeper.

marc1888
11-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Tea Party 2012 version 2.0

Rothbardian Girl
11-12-2012, 10:41 AM
This is actually hilarious. Sure - let the GOP splinter! The more divided it gets, the easier it will be to take over the portion of the party that actually carries some weight with the American electorate (or potentially could carry). I enjoy watching the GOP in shambles right now. They are getting what they deserve, at long last.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-12-2012, 10:49 AM

More like the sore-losers party

Odin
11-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm trying to figure out what you meant here, seems as though you have no point.

I meant that I believe that you are Herman Cain, Herman.

Carlybee
11-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Dirty Adulterous Misogynist Narcissist Party. DAMN.

Factushima
11-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Herman Cain wants his 3rd party to based in theocratic zealots, pro-war patriots, and pro-bankster fiscal semiconservatives. Where did he say this? Please provide your source.

Here is the coalition we offer: GOP obeys the Constitution or they will continue to lose until they no longer exist as a party and clears the way for a new party that will. Have you heard of G.W. Bush? There isn't a person on here that could make the argument that Bush was some liberty-minded president. In fact, Ron Paul people are Ron Paul people because of G.W. Bush.

Indeed, we are the ONLY answer otherwise America dies. We disagree here. Ron Paul isn't the only person with a focus on liberty. The Libertarians have been singing the same song for decades. There are many groups. Herman Cain knows this.

I don't think we have a lot else to disagree on here. Thanks for the reply.