PDA

View Full Version : Neocon Blogger" "Neocon Project Is Dead"

angelatc
11-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Ace Of Spades HQ. (http://minx.cc/?post=334742) He's still sad because he doesn't think Obama will bomb Iran, but seeing this just rejuiced me in a big way.

f it's not evident already, the Neocon Project is dead. It's actually been dead since around 2006-2007 (and was very unwell before that), but there has been a cowardly reluctance in the Republican establishment and among Republican pundits to admit this.

A lot of us (and I include myself here) have just hoped that no one would notice this fact, so we wouldn't have to admit it, and we could stick to our guns and keep sort of claiming we've always been right.

Well, we weren't. We certainly misjudged how quickly we could transform backwards, alien countries during an occupation, and also misjudged the public's patience for such a project.

If we could do it in two years and then get out, that's one thing. That is potentially doable. (I don't know if it would be advisable; but it would be politically achievable.)

But we need to put a bullet in the head of this crap. Bush was all nicey-nice about it, and then......

amy31416
11-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Is this a trap? They ain't going away, they'll just shapeshift, like the lizards they are. :p

Perhaps they're just deciding to slowly re-locate to the dem side that they came from--and considering that Obama is practically a neocon who's got a lot of "liberals" on board with warfare "for the greater good," maybe they're going to try to work that side for a while.

They aren't going away though. I think we all know that's true--maybe taking a step back and reconnoitering.

amy31416
11-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Dupe!

angelatc
11-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Is this a trap? They ain't going away, they'll just shapeshift, like the lizards they are. :p

Perhaps they're just deciding to slowly re-locate to the dem side that they came from--and considering that Obama is practically a neocon who's got a lot of "liberals" on board with warfare "for the greater good," maybe they're going to try to work that side for a while.

They aren't going away though. I think we all know that's true--maybe taking a step back and reconnoitering.

Yeah, if you read the rest of the post, he's still moaning that Obama isn't going to bomb Iran and that means we might have to hope that diplomacy works.

amy31416
11-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, if you read the rest of the post, he's still moaning that Obama isn't going to bomb Iran and that means we might have to hope that diplomacy works.

I did not read the rest--there's no link and this connection makes searches somewhat prohibitive.

angelatc
11-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I did not read the rest--there's no link and this connection makes searches somewhat prohibitive.

"Ace Of Spades" should be a link. I did it up all fancy-like.

amy31416
11-08-2012, 12:27 AM
"Ace Of Spades" should be a link. I did it up all fancy-like.

Ooooh. That is all fancy--didn't show up at first because of my stupid connection.

moostraks
11-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Ugh...talk about seeing inside the soul of one dark human being. I also think they will shape shift as the bloody agenda they are driven by is only satiated through war and destruction. Their lust for power and control will drive them and we must hope that we can continue to shine a light on the threat they represent to those of us who want to live at peace. Peaceful people are at a disadvantage because this constant vigilance is against their natural inclinations.

youngbuck
11-08-2012, 07:38 AM
I agree with all of you above. They won't go away, they WILL shapeshift. Our military might must be exercised as a first resort. It's just easy for these people to do so. Precedent provdes them carte blanch, and both parties revel in it.

juleswin
11-08-2012, 08:56 AM

So true, the neocons don't die easy. Just when you thought the movement could no longer be able to get any traction with voter after 2008, they pulled it out again in 2011 and used it to win a nomination. At best, it only going into a latent phase and will reappear once the coast is clear. Think of it like herpes, its always there and will rear its ugly head when you least expect it.

Lucille
11-08-2012, 09:21 AM
So true, the neocons don't die easy. Just when you thought the movement could no longer be able to get any traction with voter after 2008, they pulled it out again in 2011 and used it to win a nomination. At best, it only going into a latent phase and will reappear once the coast is clear. Think of it like herpes, its always there and will rear its ugly head when you least expect it.

Raimondo (http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2008/02/13/the-monster-that-wouldnt-die/) reminds us how they roll:

Like vampires risen from the dead each night, these creatures who shun the light and feast on pain and suffering, are refreshed and ready to take wing again. What they seek is what makes them feel alive and energizes them to want more, and that is war. They are the War Party, and they are Democrats and Republicans. They are columnists and publishers and academics, as well as politicians and publicists. They don’t have much of a mass base: they prefer to work in the shadows, manipulating rather than inspiring. By such Machiavellian means have they managed to stay viable, in spite of the disasters they have wrought through the years – giving them more scope for fresh disasters yet to be imagined.

cajuncocoa
11-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Too much $$ for the MIC ... The Neocon Project will NOT go away.

QuickZ06
11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Ill just slide this in here instead of making a new thread, they are both related articles.

Dan Senor has no more influence in the White House today than he did yesterday.

That's the key foreign policy takeaway from the US reelection of President Barack Obama last night. Mitt Romney had surrounded himself with neocons and other hawkish advisers, eager to regain the influence they lost when John McCain fell to Mr. Obama in 2008. Now, it looks like four more years in the wilderness for them.

The chance that the US will start a new war has decreased, and Obama and like-minded officials will continue to put their realist stamp on US foreign relations as they wind down the Afghanistan war and try to use sanctions, rather than combat, to slow Iran's nuclear program. The dreams of transforming the world with US troops and tanks that inflamed so many of President Bush's advisers at the start of the Iraq war, will now be dreamt a long way from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Think you know the Middle East? Take our geography quiz.

Mr. Senor was a key political player for the Bush administration in Iraq after the 2003 invasion, advising Paul Bremer on how to run the country in 2003 and 2004. The frequent Fox News commentator emerged as Mr. Romney's main adviser for the Middle East, squiring him on visits to the UK and Israel. John Bolton, the Bush-Cheney ambassador to the UN (who is famous for hating the UN, among other things), also had Romney's ear and was and rumored to be under consideration for Secretary of State in a Romney cabinet. Mr. Bolton has openly mused about going to war with Iran and Syria, and continues to insist the Iraq invasion and occupation was the right course of action.

In all, 17 of Romney's 24 foreign policy advisers served under President Bush, according to Democratic Congressman Adam Smith, and the US approach to both war and peace abroad would have taken on a decidedly more Bushian cast if Romney had won. While Americans mostly voted on pocketbook issues, the fact that most American voters dislike the Bush approach certainly didn't help Romney at the polls. Among the small number of voters who said they cared deeply about foreign policy, Obama had a 56-33 edge over Romney.

That more hawkish orientation was the reason that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was so eager for a Romney victory, since he expected the a Romney White House could be easier to talk into going to war with Iran than an Obama one.

It will be interesting to watch how Obama handles the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the years ahead, given his chilly relations with the Israeli prime minister. While it is unlikely that Obama will make any dramatic overtures to change the nature of US-Israeli relations, Mr. Netanyahu may find an administration that isn't as wholehearted, for instance, in arguing Israel's case at the United Nations.

But in the broad strokes we'll be getting more of the same, with Obama promising to end the Afghanistan war by the end of 2014. The president was reluctant to get directly involved in the civil war in Syria before the election, and that reluctance is likely to persist.

But while there will be fewer boots on the ground, that doesn't mean Obama doesn't have an aggressive foreign policy of his own. It's just of a different style. The president seems as fond of using drones to kill America's alleged enemies abroad as ever, for instance. Obama has ordered alleged Al Qaeda-style militants killed by the hundreds on his watch in Pakistan and Yemen.

This undeclared drone war probably won't abate, with reports from Washington that Obama officials have been working on ways to justify the killings as legal, even when they involve the assassination of American citizens. There is simply no constituency in Washington against it. And the neocons, as they retreat back to their think-tanks and analyst positions on cable news shows, certainly won't complain.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-win-goodbye-neocons-214102529.html

QuickZ06
11-08-2012, 10:35 AM
So Obama drones Yemen right after his election win, we are still involved in wars, guess people forgot about Libya. So much fail, the neocons are alive and well as the real people running the show are for war, it will never stop until we put them out of power.

amy31416
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Did any of you guys read the massive wall of comments under the article? That's what we're dealing with--egads. The media sure has done a number on these people--Fox News especially.

AGRP
11-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Whats with all of this shape shift talk? If their goal is immoral wars, then theyll do what theyve always done: Call up false flags are us.

jmdrake
11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Sadly he's lying. The neocon project is alive and well. It's now called "The Arab Spring".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qmjskZuUNcY

twomp
11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
While its awesome to see them all deflated. McCain is still in office. Graham is still in office. And we still have to deal with the next generation Neo-cons AKA ~ LiberalCons