PDA

View Full Version : I hearby want to see/hear/read ZERO about "working from within the GOP" garbage ever again

RCA
11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
GOP KISS MY FUCKING ASS FOR...EV.....VA.......

AND SCREW CAMPAIGN FOR LIBERTY TOO AND THE DOUCHES THAT WERE BEHIND IT.

belian78
11-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Please, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel about it all. :p

phill4paul
11-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Amash, Massie, Bentivolio. 'Nuff said.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
No offense intended, but I do not understand your tone. It wasn't us who lost last night. The GOP is probably more weakened than ever for a takeover after the blows they took.

specsaregood
11-07-2012, 06:25 PM

you should probably find a new site to visit if you don't want to see/hear/read those things.

Bastiat's The Law
11-07-2012, 06:29 PM

http://www.danablankenhorn.com/images/2007/10/02/join_or_die_flag.jpg

angelatc
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM

This is our time to shine. The whole reason for working within the GOP is to take advantage of their fail. Bailing out now is doesn't make any sense. We're looking like the smartest guys in the room.

MelissaWV
11-07-2012, 06:33 PM

The timing of this makes no sense. You sound like you're mad about last night's election, which doesn't compute. Either way, one of the big two was going to win and we were all going to lose. I don't think a Romney win would have tasted any sweeter. There were good solid wins in a variety of positions and states.

But yeah, if you really don't want to see any of this, maybe this isn't the best site... where you might come face to face with the "douche" behind C4L.

kathy88
11-07-2012, 06:34 PM
This is our time to shine. The whole reason for working within the GOP is to take advantage of their fail. Bailing out now is doesn't make any sense. We're looking like the smartest guys in the room.

We always were the smartest guys in the room. They're just going to start realizing it now :)

dannno
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
I hate wearing a suit and tie and I smoke a lot of ganja. You probably won't see me working from within the Republican Party too much.

However, some people with libertarian views are suit wearing, Christian, family wielding parents who fit right in with the GOP. I support them using their image and their character to do what they can to take it over and dismantle the system from the inside.

jkr
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
i digg what u say'n

but, i t h i n k we got dis beyatch...

the donkkkeys are NEXT

END ALL PARTIES

malkusm
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
We always were the smartest guys in the room. They're just going to start realizing it now :)

I hope not....stealth for as long as possible, I say :)

Bastiat's The Law
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
It's already starting on numerous sites. I've seen rank and file start looking towards Rand to save the party.

angelatc
11-07-2012, 06:46 PM
It's already starting on numerous sites. I've seen rank and file start looking towards Rand to save the party.

Fuck the party. Save the country.

deadfish
Maybe it was just an excuse to be lazy... but I was intentionally avoiding getting involved in county/state GOP until after the election. Showing up during the primary race would have likely resulted in suspicious eyes writing me off as one of those crazy Paulites.

Now, I'm looking at the calendars and signing up. We'll see how it goes.

matt0611
Why because they lost?

That makes no sense.

If anything last nights election is a sign that the GOP is weak and easier to take over.

If Mitt Romney won I'd be with you, it would have been a huge blow to us.

Occam's Banana
11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
So in other words, you won't be coming to RPFs anymore ... which means you won't be spouting any more bizarre non sequiturs posted in ALL CAPS (at least, not around here) ...

That's wonderful news! Thank you! I'm behind you 110 percent!

To help encourage you on your new path, let me just say this: we should work from within the GOP! And C4L rocks! Hell, yeaaahhhz!!!

/snark

Bastiat's The Law
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Fuck the party. Save the country.
Cart before the horse. How can you do anything for the country when you're outside of the power structure? Control the party, control the nomination process, get our people in place and then we can change the country for the better.

RCA
11-07-2012, 06:50 PM
The timing of this makes no sense. You sound like you're mad about last night's election, which doesn't compute. Either way, one of the big two was going to win and we were all going to lose. I don't think a Romney win would have tasted any sweeter. There were good solid wins in a variety of positions and states.

But yeah, if you really don't want to see any of this, maybe this isn't the best site... where you might come face to face with the "douche" behind C4L.

I wasn't mad at all. I've been a voluntarist for a couple years now. I was hoping Romney would lose just so the GOP could suck an egg for the way they treated Ron Paul and our movement as a whole for the last 6 years. I didn't care how bad Obama was going to get. I hate back-stabbing neo-thugs.

RCA
11-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Why because they lost?

That makes no sense.

If anything last nights election is a sign that the GOP is weak and easier to take over.

If Mitt Romney won I'd be with you, it would have been a huge blow to us.

This is the same broken record reasoning used since the Goldwater era. THEY AIN'T A CHANGIN'.

ravedown
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM
i can actually relate to the OP in that im so sick of trying to change a system that has a perfect track record of avoiding change every four years. im not interested in registering republican again and sharing a party with such dipshits/neocon warmonger/fox news limbaugh beck-sters etc. also-im a little surprised by the sudden love for rand around here...i wouldn't register republican to vote for rand in 2016. he burned his bridge and im not buying the 'smart political move' shit either that everyone is shoveling. i guess this is why so many libertarians advocate not voting...the system is too damaged and requires those with real conviction to sell their souls.

matt0611
11-07-2012, 07:02 PM
This is the same broken record reasoning used since the Goldwater era. THEY AIN'T A CHANGIN'.

They won't change until they are made to change. They were not always like this and just because something is the way it is doesn't mean it can't be changed.

Even if you don't want to then your plan is what? Third party? That's even more of a pipe dream.

I guess you can just give up and get into your bunker and prepare for armageddon, I can respect that.

RCA
11-07-2012, 07:05 PM
i can actually relate to the OP in that im so sick of trying to change a system that has a perfect track record of avoiding change every four years. im not interested in registering republican again and sharing a party with such dipshits/neocon warmonger/fox news limbaugh beck-sters etc. also-im a little surprised by the sudden love for rand around here...i wouldn't register republican to vote for rand in 2016. he burned his bridge and im not buying the 'smart political move' shit either that everyone is shoveling. i guess this is why so many libertarians advocate not voting...the system is too damaged and requires those with real conviction to sell their souls.

Here yee, here yee!

RCA
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
They won't change until they are made to change. They were not always like this and just because something is the way it is doesn't mean it can't be changed.

Even if you don't want to then your plan is what? Third party? That's even more of a pipe dream.

I guess you can just give up and get into your bunker and prepare for armageddon, I can respect that.

I'll probably casually keep minor interest in the LP, but won't take politics seriously ever again. I'm basically going to say "fuck you system" from now on. If people ask me in the future "what am I", I'll probably say libertarian and leave it that. Whether that means big L or small L is of minor difference. The basic concepts are the same, at least to the average Joe. I'll be nice not giving a fuck anymore and having that extra weight off my shoulders.

GunnyFreedom
11-07-2012, 07:09 PM
We increased our representation by 500% in the NCGA. The party has never been more vulnerable to a takeover in the last 100 years than it is right now. This is the craziest time to abandon the strategy one could possibly imagine.

"Hey you guys, we have him in the ropes ready for the kill shot!"
"F- this I'm going home."

really? lol

Barrex
11-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Interesting post. I dont like it. What is your alternative?

RCA
11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
We increased our representation by 500% in the NCGA. The party has never been more vulnerable to a takeover in the last 100 years than it is right now. This is the craziest time to abandon the strategy one could possibly imagine.

"Hey you guys, we have him in the ropes ready for the kill shot!"
"F- this I'm going home."

really? lol

But that's the illusion, it's never going to change from inside out. Never has, never will.

dannno
11-07-2012, 07:14 PM

Actually most of them are dying, they're really old.

RCA
11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Actually most of them are dying, they're really old.

But they keep procreating new batches of douche bags.

puppetmaster
11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
you should probably find a new site to visit if you don't want to see/hear/read those things.

Yeah that's what j was thinking. Well anyway there is more then one way to skin a cat

Occam's Banana
11-07-2012, 07:26 PM
i can actually relate to the OP in that im so sick of trying to change a system that has a perfect track record of avoiding change every four years.

"every four years" ... ?? *sigh* ...

The problem is people who seem to imagine that achieving success in "changing the system" amounts to winning the top spot in one grand, fell swoop. They seem to expect victory from "out of the blue" without any of the necessary, laborious and unpleasant groundwork, They seem to think that all that is needed is a sufficient degree of enthusiasm, passion and dedication to education and truth-telling. And when anyone (such as Rand Paul) demonsrates that things just don't work that way, he gets denounced as a "sellout" or "traitor" who has "sold his soul."

Here's a newsflash: the office of POTUS is just a bright, shiny object. All it does is distract attention from what really matters. And in the context of electoral politics, what really matters is this: the Presidency (and the person who is President) is the product of the system, not the producer of it. If you want to change the system in any significant way, you have GOT to start from the bottom and work your way up.

And that means working diligently at the state & local levels and doing so for the long haul, NOT for the tail-chasing cycle of "every four years."

Starting from the top and working your way down is doomed to fail. THAT is why the system has what you call a "perfect track record of avoiding change every four years."

MelissaWV
11-07-2012, 07:35 PM
I wasn't mad at all. I've been a voluntarist for a couple years now. I was hoping Romney would lose just so the GOP could suck an egg for the way they treated Ron Paul and our movement as a whole for the last 6 years. I didn't care how bad Obama was going to get. I hate back-stabbing neo-thugs.

I'M GLAD YOU WEREN'T MAD BRO! NOT SURE HOW I GOT THAT FUCKIN' IMPRESSION FROM YOUR OP. HOW COULD I MESS THAT UP?

ravedown
11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
yeah- i was summarizing my point but -yeah, i agree with you said. fwiw- i would support any local liberty minded candidate-regardless of party affiliation. but we're a day away from a pres. election...thats the topic here and my comment was related to it.

RCA
11-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I'M GLAD YOU WEREN'T MAD BRO! NOT SURE HOW I GOT THAT FUCKIN' IMPRESSION FROM YOUR OP. HOW COULD I MESS THAT UP?

I wasn't mad at the election, which is what you were meaning. I've been mad at the GOP for 6 years and now I'm REVELING in their defeat. Fuck 'em.

GunnyFreedom
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
But that's the illusion, it's never going to change from inside out. Never has, never will.

Except every time that it has. :rolleyes: Where do you think the neocons came from?

RCA
11-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Except every time that it has. :rolleyes: Where do you think the neocons came from?

Re-arranging deck chairs and actual change are polar opposites. Tell me how the State has given you more freedom in the past 100 years?

GunnyFreedom
11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Re-arranging deck chairs and actual change are polar opposites. Tell me how the State has given you more freedom in the past 100 years?

LOL OK fine, you try your method of doing nothing but hollering, and we'll try our method of actually taking out the enemy one by one and we'll see who expands liberty the fastest. :rolleyes:

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Why the fuck is everyone butthurt over the presidential election nov. 6th? WHAT DID YOU EXPECT TO HAPPEN?

RCA
11-08-2012, 09:39 AM
LOL OK fine, you try your method of doing nothing but hollering, and we'll try our method of actually taking out the enemy one by one and we'll see who expands liberty the fastest. :rolleyes:

If everyone withdrew consent of the system (stopped voting) the entire thing would collapse and we could rebuild. I'm the one who refuses to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results which we all know is the definition of... We've been trying to gain freedom by using the State since the mid-1700's. Now we have the largest State ever created. So, tell me again, how the "trenches strategy" has been treating us the last several hundred years and how much effort and money have been lost by this method?

John F Kennedy III
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM

-rep

Next.

RCA
11-08-2012, 10:24 AM
-rep

Next.

Another religious State worshipper with head in the sand.

Next.

John F Kennedy III
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM
"every four years" ... ?? *sigh* ...

The problem is people who seem to imagine that achieving success in "changing the system" amounts to winning the top spot in one grand, fell swoop. They seem to expect victory from "out of the blue" without any of the necessary, laborious and unpleasant groundwork, They seem to think that all that is needed is a sufficient degree of enthusiasm, passion and dedication to education and truth-telling. And when anyone (such as Rand Paul) demonsrates that things just don't work that way, he gets denounced as a "sellout" or "traitor" who has "sold his soul."

Here's a newsflash: the office of POTUS is just a bright, shiny object. All it does is distract attention from what really matters. And in the context of electoral politics, what really matters is this: the Presidency (and the person who is President) is the product of the system, not the producer of it. If you want to change the system in any significant way, you have GOT to start from the bottom and work your way up.

And that means working diligently at the state & local levels and doing so for the long haul, NOT for the tail-chasing cycle of "every four years."

Starting from the top and working your way down is doomed to fail. THAT is why the system has what you call a "perfect track record of avoiding change every four years."

^^^

John F Kennedy III
11-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Is doesn't? Is that some sort of new lingo?

Damn teenagers...

John F Kennedy III
11-08-2012, 10:45 AM

Next.

You can tell all that from my post? Impressive.

ravedown
11-08-2012, 10:49 AM
thats not a 'newsflash'-thats a given. you're response isn't as profound as you'd like to think. look-everyone on this site would support liberty candidate at EVERY level-from city council to president. so yeah-we get it. but i have a problem with 'the game'-the one you defend rand in playing and expect everyone else here to play. to you, its fine that rand sold out the movement and turned his back on his father...that's somehow acceptable. its not to me-its a symptom of the bigger issue- i'd prefer to support a party that doesn't bend over for the rule makers-and that's the preferred position the libertarian party has been for a long time.

asurfaholic
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Next.

Wow... You really figured jfk out, i had my suspicions but, man, you just nailed it.

Bastiat's The Law
11-08-2012, 11:21 AM
If everyone withdrew consent of the system (stopped voting) the entire thing would collapse and we could rebuild. I'm the one who refuses to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results which we all know is the definition of... We've been trying to gain freedom by using the State since the mid-1700's. Now we have the largest State ever created. So, tell me again, how the "trenches strategy" has been treating us the last several hundred years and how much effort and money have been lost by this method?
No, you would just end up being ruled by your inferiors. The Ostrich approach doesn't work to your benefit, Plato knew this 2400 years ago.

Bastiat's The Law
11-08-2012, 11:25 AM
double

Bastiat's The Law
11-08-2012, 11:26 AM
thats not a 'newsflash'-thats a given. you're response isn't as profound as you'd like to think. look-everyone on this site would support liberty candidate at EVERY level-from city council to president. so yeah-we get it. but i have a problem with 'the game'-the one you defend rand in playing and expect everyone else here to play. to you, its fine that rand sold out the movement and turned his back on his father...that's somehow acceptable. its not to me-its a symptom of the bigger issue- i'd prefer to support a party that doesn't bend over for the rule makers-and that's the preferred position the libertarian party has been for a long time.
So go find utopia then.

juleswin
11-08-2012, 11:33 AM

So does it follow that if the GOP does regain its status and continues to treat the liberty movement like shit, it would be time to jump ship right? Because I have to wonder, how much abuse is too much? when are we going to say enough is enough and leave this abusive spouse?

Or are we cursed to stay in the republican party in perpetuity?

juleswin
11-08-2012, 11:35 AM

From the democratic party? definitely not from the inside

dinosaur
11-08-2012, 11:36 AM
So does it follow that if the GOP does regain its status and continues to treat the liberty movement like shit, it would be time to jump ship right? Because I have to wonder, how much abuse is too much? when are we going to say enough is enough and leave this abusive spouse?

Or are we cursed to stay in the republican party in perpetuity?

Bad analogy. We're trying to defeat them, not marry them.

TomtheTinker
11-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Cover you eyes and plug you ears then...cause taking the drivers seat of the republican party is the path we are taking.

juleswin
11-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Bad analogy. We're trying to defeat them, not marry them.

That is why its an analogy, its comparing 2 situations where a victim stays in an abusive union in hopes that their attacker will change his behaviour. Tell me how this is any different from the relationship between republicans and liberty types?

jbauer
11-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I hate wearing a suit and tie and I smoke a lot of ganja. You probably won't see me working from within the Republican Party too much.

However, some people with libertarian views are suit wearing, Christian, family wielding parents who fit right in with the GOP. I support them using their image and their character to do what they can to take it over and dismantle the system from the inside.

Add business owner to your list and I'd bet that describes a good chunk of GOP Ron Paul'ers.

Tod
11-08-2012, 11:55 AM

Okay. So go do what you want to do. That is what the good doctor advises. Problem solved. :-)

John F Kennedy III
11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Wow... You really figured jfk out, i had my suspicions but, man, you just nailed it.

I've spent so long trying to hide it. I've been afraid one day I'd walk in here and you guys would do an intervention. It feels so good to finally have the truth out there.

*shudders with relief*

UMULAS
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
So you want to join the libertarian party?

My mind is divided whether or not should I join the libertarian party or the Grand old party.

JK/SEA
11-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm most likely going to run for PCO in my precinct next year. It will be my 4th term if elected.

GunnyFreedom
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
From the democratic party? definitely not from the inside

Wasn't that my whole point?

rpfocus
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Cover you eyes and plug you ears then...cause taking the drivers seat of the republican party is the path we are taking.

LOL good luck with that. Wall St and the Neocons are the true drivers of the GOP. They'd rather work with Obama than a candidate like Ron Paul. Ron Paul is their worst nightmare. No more Fed Reserve and Military contracts?!