PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Moran vs Rob Portman for NRSC job?

Smart3
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Update 11/14/2012

Jerry Moran is now the NRSC Chairman, with two co-chairs: Rob Portman and Ted Cruz.

Slowly taking over the GOP!

If it comes down to Sen. Moran and Sen. Portman for the job. I think we can all agree Moran is way better for our cause.

Thoughts?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83507.html

RonPaul25
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Looking at their voting records there doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

Tod
11-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Portman declines leadership bid

WASHINGTON—Sen. Rob Portman decided not to make a bid for the chairmanship of the Senate Republican’s campaign committee on Tuesday, a post that would have put him in charge of his party’s efforts to win control of the Senate in 2014.

Portman had spent the last few days talking to his Senate colleagues about whether he should made a leadership run, with allies encouraging him to jump into the race. But another lawmaker — Sen. Jerry Moran of Kansas — had already declared his candidacy and was working to secure the votes to win.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee is in charge of recruiting GOP candidates to run for the Senate, raising money to help the top contenders, and plotting strategy to win a GOP majority. If Portman had decided to make a bid for the post, it would have required intensive fundraising and campaigning for the next two years.

But with the GOP’s leadership elections set for Wednesday morning, Portman nixed the idea, according to a GOP aide.

“Rob is not going to make a run for NRSC,” said the aide, who requested anonymity. “He was honored that so many of his colleagues were urging him to consider taking the role, but it was not something he had thought of or expressed interest in, and he wants to remain focused on policy issues facing Ohio and the nation.”

more at link: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20121113/NEWS01/311130029/Portman-declines-leadership-bid?nclick_check=1

WarAnonymous
11-14-2012, 01:18 AM
I can't stand Rob Portman.

Smart3
11-14-2012, 04:07 PM
WASHINGTON, DC — U.S. Sen-elect Ted Cruz (TX) today responded to being named vice chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC). Cruz and co-vice chairman U.S. Sen. Rob Portman (OH) will serve under chairman and U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran (KS).

“I’m honored by this selection,” Cruz said. “Our country faces grave fiscal and economic challenges, and I’m very glad to have the opportunity to do everything I can to help retire Harry Reid as Majority Leader. It’s critical that Constitutional conservatives have a strong voice within the NRSC so that together we may build upon lessons learned from this election cycle and elect strong candidates who are committed to pro-growth economics and restraining the job-killing growth of the federal government.”

GeorgiaAvenger
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Glad to see Cruz get some influence there.....