PDA

View Full Version : 2014 will be easy pickups

AuH20
11-07-2012, 01:56 PM
We need to start getting our ducks in a row, so to speak. Typically, the dem machine sleeps during midterms making it much easier to steal certain seats. They will be fat and complacent after this victory. The Republicans will add a large number of house seats and possibly 4 senate seats.

Smart3
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Can you be so sure that those easy pickups don't evaporate like the 2012 "pickups" in Hawaii, Ohio and North Dakota? Or the 2010 pickups of Nevada and Delaware?

RonPaul25
11-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Just get rid of Lindsay and I'll be happy

Elwar
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I seriously think that we should get a PAC together to run someone for every House district in the nation.

Get a list of people willing to run and pay for whatever is needed to get them on the Republican primary ballot.

Then promote them nationally as a "brand".

Vote for the Liberty candidate...

Travlyr
11-07-2012, 02:55 PM
The Campaign for Liberty candidate surveys can be instrumental in identifying true liberty candidates.

Where Do Your Candidates Stand? (http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys/)

itshappening
11-07-2012, 03:15 PM
there are no easy pickups, dumping incumbent senators can be very hard.

I would suggest Tom Davis 2014 and see who emerges in the primaries in other states.

I don't hold out much hope though and spreading our resources too thinly would be silly

twomp
11-07-2012, 03:18 PM
IMO, there are no easy pickups in any election where we have to face off against the propaganda machine.

itshappening
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
State needs to be trending red

Candidate needs to be solid and known

Candidate needs to be able to raise sufficient money compared to opponent

Seat needs to be Open or the incumbent sufficiently unpopular to primary

Rand won easily in 2010 because the seat was open, he was a solid candidate and had the money

Not many will have this "perfect storm". For example Joe Miller could try again in 2014 but if he got through the primary he would have to beat the well funded multiple Dem incumbent, are we willing to invest 5 million in that race only to lose by 10 points to the incumbent in the general election? i dont think so.

Tom Davis would be a good try, we can get him the money and there's plenty to go after Graham about. That said it still wont be easy because Graham has lots of money and incumbency but tell that to Dick Lugar.

Matt Collins
11-07-2012, 03:38 PM
The Campaign for Liberty candidate surveys can be instrumental in identifying true liberty candidates.

Where Do Your Candidates Stand? (http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys/)Yes, but you should also cross-verify that with their voting record.

RCA
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Fuck the GOP. Fuck 'em.

Shane Harris
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM

Rand won easily in 2010 because the seat was open, he was a solid candidate and had the money

Not many will have this "perfect storm". For example Joe Miller could try again in 2014 but if he got through the primary he would have to beat the well funded multiple Dem incumbent, are we willing to invest 5 million in that race only to lose by 10 points to the incumbent in the general election? i dont think so.

Tom Davis would be a good try, we can get him the money and there's plenty to go after Graham about. That said it still wont be easy because Graham has lots of money and incumbency but tell that to Dick Lugar.

This. Davis is priority number 1.

Koz
11-07-2012, 03:42 PM

I agree, this is the same thing that happened with Thomas Massie. We need to look for these opportunities.

Bastiat's The Law
11-07-2012, 04:38 PM
We need to start getting our ducks in a row, so to speak. Typically, the dem machine sleeps during midterms making it much easier to steal certain seats. They will be fat and complacent after this victory. The Republicans will add a large number of house seats and possibly 4 senate seats.
It's not going to easy. Paul supporters are generally fixated with Presidential politics and place liberty candidates running for the House and Senate on the back burner, or worst of all, don't even realize that we have our people running for numerous seats! I've ran into many Paul supporters that didn't even know the name Amash, Bentivolio, or Massie, etc.

We can raise $40 million for a Presidential run, but we haven't really been able to translate that extraordinary fund raising ability into winnable House and Senate elections with ease.